SASS Wire Forum

A challenge for BMC and the rest of the Saloon regulars...

Grizzly Dave

The challenge - buy a new lead spitter (gun) before the end of August.

Now I know that some of you all might not have room in your safe for a new one, in that case just buy it and send it to me and it will still qualify. If you need to rationalize it a bit, my birthday is next week :D

Are ya darin' me? I ain't had a new one in quite a while and I just might do it! But then again, I've got room in my safe. :lol:

EE

Does it have to be new or just new to me? 'Cuz I've been thinking of this black powder stuff, an this bp only pocket pistol is inexpensive..... and and and ;)

Tell ya what Griz....since I'm such a nice guy I'll not only by you a gun, I'll shoot it and clean it and store it for you in my safe in perpetuity....how does that sound :)

Well, if that's what it takes!

I'm startin to think that this is a project that can revitalize the economy! Maybe I should run for office.

Grizz says 'a gun in every holster' 'a vote for Grizz is a vote for freedom'

NAW, no way I could put up with all the BS in Washington.

Are ya darin' me? I ain't had a new one in quite a while and I just might do it! But then again, I've got room in my safe. :lol:

EE

Oh yeah, EE....He be darin' ya all rat !

And just cuz marrow is Grizz's birthday (or found day ) I'll tell what I'll do:

Grizz, I'll buy ya a brand new 45LC Colt, put it in a EE Taft rig, break it in fer ya, clean it store it, and ifin' need be, repair it !

Now, I'll even reload dat shells fer it, and put it, rig an all in a brand new safe I just got !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRIZZ ! !

Well the better half traded her old Marlin 22 in for a new henry 22 on the first. Does that count. Id love a hi wall thats at the local shop but with a new little one on the way i need to get a more family oriented buggy. Two car seats dont do well in a mustang

A Marine Friend asked me to help him go through a 25 gun collection he last week. Mostly rifles and shotguns (3 handguns) and I took my Blue Book of Gun Values. Lots of Military rifles, American '03 German K'98, Jap 38 in 6.5 and Jap 99 in 7.7 couple of English Enfields .303. L.C.Smith double 20 gauge, Browning BT 99 and a Browning Citori O/U 12 gauge.

There were a couple of .22's and I ended up with a Remington Nylon Mohawk 10 C with a Simmons 4X32 scope for $100. I didn't need it, just wanted it. You know how that is don't ya? I own 100 guns and 25+ are .22's, but I never owned one of these before. P.M. me if you have any interest in these other guns.

Jake

Happy Early Birthday Grizz!

I defer to the others here in this sainted vestibule...no more guns for me as I'm done!

YUR WHAT, SAM ? (shocked !)

Birthday ain't till Friday or so, but I like the drag out the festivities.

Sam, it's been my experience that a statement like that will be followed by a new gun in short order. Never say never.

Birthday ain't till Friday or so, but I like the drag out the festivities.

Sam, it's been my experience that a statement like that will be followed by a new gun in short order. Never say never.

Probably spent a lot more than my share on guns & using the argument that no money will be lost on them. In fact, hopefully they'd stay up with inflation and I'd get to play too. I can't reload, clean, and evaluate the ones I have much less take on new ones. So....the herd thinning has begun. I don't want to burden my daughters with mountains of firearms and associated reloading, gunsmithing, and just shooting stuff ad infinitum.

However, if the gentleman from Kansas will just make the Tulsa gunshow one more time I will gleefully take the Shiloh #3 sporter in 50-70 from his hands. ^_^ A lapse in judgment prevented me from acquiring such at the last show. It won't happen again!

See! ;) There is hope for those experiencing inner conflicts with regard to seeking out your own holy grail of firearms. Lock on and buy that dang gun fore its too late!!!! :lol:

The challenge - buy a new lead spitter (gun) before the end of August.

Now I know that some of you all might not have room in your safe for a new one, in that case just buy it and send it to me and it will still qualify. If you need to rationalize it a bit, my birthday is next week :D

Well, a new firearm isn't in the cards for me at this time. However, I will wish you a Happy Birthday, Grizz. Besides, I'm not the keeper of the safe so I have no idea if there's any room left. {Smart fella that Uno is. :D }

Looks like I may have to go out and buy a little .22 LR black rifle, so I can plink on the cheap. Considering the S&W M&P 15-22 or a Ruger 10/22 with a tactical stock (for the "cool" factor).

...gotta replace all the upstairs windows (10) and have one of our pasture ponds dug out... it's just a matter of cashflow... and it's all out not in right now... ...so, no guns in the near future...

Heck, my birthday is coming up soon. Might have to look at some gun for me own self.....

But just how many times can I tell the wife "That gun? Why, I have owned that for years!!" and expect her to believe me??

Happy birthday Grizz.

Heck, my birthday is coming up soon. Might have to look at some gun for me own self.....

But just how many times can I tell the wife "That gun? Why, I have owned that for years!!" and expect her to believe me??

Happy birthday Grizz.

Hey! Mo! (I always wanted to do that!) It's worked for me for years now!! I figure she just gave up about twenty years ago and just lets it slide. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Grizz!

Gun for me?? Uh-huh!! For you? Weeeeeeeeeeeeell......... :lol:

Bought a Glock 34 two weeks ago. Today at the gun store a Savage 17HMR heavy barrel came in. My buddy was working alone and asked me to go back on the range and put 5 rounds thru it to see if it functioned OK. Five shots one hole. My buddy just grinned at me like he knows something when I came out!

Well, I aint bought none, don't tend to neither.

But, I do shoot dat ones I got, very chance I git.

So, do it count ?

Archived