SASS Wire Forum

7-day emergency food supply

Actually, Costco has a 30 day supply for like $80 and it comes in a nice plastic bucket for storage....for when the canned goods run out :P

Back when I was doing a good deal of backpacking, used to buy some Mountain House freeze drieds. They weren't too bad (that was 20-25 years ago :( ) The worst one I ever ate was lasagne. NASTY! Not SURE if it was that brand, but it sure 'nuff sucked! Rather have a can of dog food. Never tried it, but those kinds with sliced meat and gravy actually look pretty good! Better than canned corned beef hash. YUCK! Low grade dog food. Not sure I'd feed my dogs that crap.

JHC

Back when I was doing a good deal of backpacking, used to buy some Mountain House freeze drieds. They weren't too bad (that was 20-25 years ago :( ) The worst one I ever ate was lasagne. NASTY! Not SURE if it was that brand, but it sure 'nuff sucked! Rather have a can of dog food. Never tried it, but those kinds with sliced meat and gravy actually look pretty good! Better than canned corned beef hash. YUCK! Low grade dog food. Not sure I'd feed my dogs that crap.JHC

.... it ain't fer dawgs, ... it's fer human consumption .... ;)

Living out in the Kountry ya know there always needs ta be at least a 30 day supply of food fer everyone and of course a big generator and lots of fuel. Especially duren the winter months. ;) Just common sense.

I just bought this and 5 B3 units on Ebay.

I'm good to go. :lol::unsure::rolleyes:

Kinda pricy for something that doesn't have any Snickers included.

true - just saw it and thought it would be fun to post with all the zombie stuff posted lately. I am sure there are many other ways one can go if this needed to be taken seriously. We just have canned good and ALOT of water we cycle through on our end.:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You fellows are obviously overlooking nutrition here.

A balanced diet of tofu and grape leaves, along with some feta cheese and pine nuts will bind you up so that further diet is not necessary. A few snickers bars to hold it all down. Good to go. :unsure:

I've been looking into this. After listening to, reading about or seeing all of the talk about some type of interruption of services it just makes good sense to do. Going to some of the WHen the ShXX hits the fan sites you can read up on what to do about storing food. Most of the off of the shelf canned food at the grocery stores is good for at least a year. The pre-packaged stuff is expensive but it lasts 5/10 + years depending on how it's stored. But it is expensive. Taste them before you buy them. SOme sporting goods stortes have individual packs, like Cabella's.

We are in the process of building a pantry for 30 + day. Don't forget flour, pasta, dried beans etc. The we will work on a 6 month supply.Water is 1 gallon per day/person. Thats what really takes up space.

The thing that made my mind up was, nothing I eat or drink is from local sources. Any interruption of the highway going through our city and food supplies would be gone in less than a week. Especially because of panic buying.

You're on the right track, just read up on how to get there.

Ike

I've been looking into this. After listening to, reading about or seeing all of the talk about some type of interruption of services it just makes good sense to do. Going to some of the WHen the ShXX hits the fan sites you can read up on what to do about storing food. Most of the off of the shelf canned food at the grocery stores is good for at least a year. The pre-packaged stuff is expensive but it lasts 5/10 + years depending on how it's stored. But it is expensive. Taste them before you buy them. SOme sporting goods stortes have individual packs, like Cabella's.

We are in the process of building a pantry for 30 + day. Don't forget flour, pasta, dried beans etc. The we will work on a 6 month supply.Water is 1 gallon per day/person. Thats what really takes up space.

The thing that made my mind up was, nothing I eat or drink is from local sources. Any interruption of the highway going through our city and food supplies would be gone in less than a week. Especially because of panic buying.

Ike

You have water storage already. It's called your water heater! If necessary, you can drink the tank water on the back of the toilet also (yes, it is clean wter until the lever is pulled or pressed). Know something is coming? Plastic wading pools make excellent catch basins for rain water.

Ike

Get you a supply of that "deydrated water" . . takes up much less space. Ya just open a can of it . . . add a gallon of water . . and you have a gallon of water. ;)

I'm always good for at least a week wherever I'm at with what is in the cabinets of the "Rolling Bunk House". In the "Workshop" I have enough for at least another week so if I'm "Home" I'd be good for 2 weeks. I find canned hash is a really good survival product and much cheaper than the stuff that is sold as "survival supplies". I empty all cabinets and rotate once a year.

I just bought this and 5 B3 units on Ebay.

I'm good to go. :lol::unsure::rolleyes:

Uh... UB, is there a date on them cans~? :huh:

And did they come with a P-38? :rolleyes:

Uh... UB, is there a date on them cans~? :huh:

And did they come with a P-38? :rolleyes:

Dates? Dates? :unsure:

I'm never without a P38. :lol:

Archived