SASS Wire Forum

Lookin for a match to go to this fall

Dirty Chris

I just recently got a travel trailer, so I'm looking for a good match to travel to sometime this fall. I was looking at the shooting events list on the SASS home page and the Southeastern regional at Givhan's Ferry is sounding pretty good. Anyone got any other suggestions of good matches within a reasonable drive from Ohio? Anyone I know going to the Southeast regional?

If Northern Texas isn't too far, Comin' at Cha is a great match.

That's on my list for "someday", but a bit too far for this trip. Actually I want to make it to all the different regionals at some point.

Last Stand in Jan. Ok I know Jan is not really fall but The Last Stand is one of the other great matches in the Southeast and its quite a bit warmer in FL than Ohio that time of year :lol:

Cope

If'n you would like to shoot a great two day match in Kansas, the Chisholm Trail Rowdies are hosting their fall Kansas State Black Powder Shootout Sept. 10 &11. Details and application

I have shot a a couple of their two day matches before and had a blast! Great bunch of fellas and ladies and a super fun match.

Give it some thought, I do not think you'd be disappointed.

I believe there is even free camping on site!

DAn

US Open!! Fast becoming one of the better ones.

Sparta, Ill

US Open!! Fast becoming one of the better ones.

Sparta, Ill

That's on my list for next year hopefully, but it's too late for me to get off work for it this year.

I just recently got a travel trailer, so I'm looking for a good match to travel to sometime this fall. I was looking at the shooting events list on the SASS home page and the Southeastern regional at Givhan's Ferry is sounding pretty good. Anyone got any other suggestions of good matches within a reasonable drive from Ohio? Anyone I know going to the Southeast regional?

The Southeastern is just about full better get you app in soon.

CCBA

Tusco's two day the first of Oct. Like yusta b said Possum Trot the 4th weekend of oct. The southeast is an excellent shoot.

See ya on the trail,

Cheyenne

Hey Dirty Chris.

ask Campo and he'll verify my post.

you should seriously consider the TN/KY Blackpowder championships at Possum Trot. Ya don't have to shoot BP to be in the match.

PLUS, the TN State match at Wartrace in October.

Both are probably pretty close to ya and both are multi-day matches.

..........Widder

Howdy Chris, the Givhans Ferry match is a great match, plus Charleston is right down the road if you want to do a little sight seeing or salt water fishing. BP and Wild Bunch on side match day. The range is easy to get around, nice and flat, everything located in one spot, and the stages are all side by side. Col. Dan is always the key note speaker and well worth the trip to hear him. The shoot-off after the awards is a real hoot, come on down :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Hey Dirty Chris.

ask Campo and he'll verify my post.

you should seriously consider the TN/KY Blackpowder championships at Possum Trot. Ya don't have to shoot BP to be in the match.

PLUS, the TN State match at Wartrace in October.

Both are probably pretty close to ya and both are multi-day matches.

..........Widder

I was looking at the TN State match, but I forgot about Possum Trot! That does sound like fun.

Ambush at Cavern Cove in N.Alabama around Grant, Al. It's about an 8 hr drive from Columbus. I was raised in Washington C.H. I don't know if camping is full but you can contact Uncle Frank and see. Go to My link

You can also shoot the Tennessee State the next weekend, It's about a hour and half north.

Blue Wolf

If you have unlimited time,(like us who are unemployed) catch the Tennessee State Match at Wartrace then spend the next week or so camping around Tn. and Ky. and join the rest of us a Possum!! :rolleyes:

:wub: Ain't October a great month?? :wub::lol:

Actually you can't go wrong with any of the matches mentioned!

Wartrace is my home club. It's where I started shooting S.A.S.S. and is one of the most beautiful ranges you'll ever see. It also has the best catered banquet food I've ever had. Of course I'm a little prejudiced. If you come and shoot with us once you'll always want to come back!

Possum Trot is truly my home away from home. The Smokeout In The Hills is the premiere free standing Black Powder match in the country. It's a half a week of food, drink, contests, side matches, food, entertainment, partying, fun, drink, food, and .......... OH YEAH!!!......the best ten stages of smoke, soot, laughter, competition, and did I mention food?

Hope you join us. Be safe! Have fun!

If you have unlimited time,(like us who are unemployed) catch the Tennessee State Match at Wartrace then spend the next week or so camping around Tn. and Ky. and join the rest of us a Possum!! :rolleyes:

That would be awesome if I could! Unfortunately I'm running low on vacation time at work so one or two more long weekends off work is about all I can get for shooting the rest of the year. :angry: So I'll have to pick one or the other between these two.

Alabama puts on a good state match Sep 29 - Oct 2.

http://www.northalabamaregulators.com/

Tennessee State is one of my favorites Oct 6 - 8.

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.html

The SE Regional at Givhans Ferry, of course.

http://givhansferry.homestead.com/

The Last Stand in January should be a really great match.

http://www.laststand.org/

I have 2 recommendations:

1. Oklahoma's State match - Ruckus in the Nations (our club)

2. Alabama's State match - Ambush at Cavern Cove - our 6th year to shoot with these folks.

D. Chris,

Here are some shooting matches within reasonable drive from Ohio. All are excellent shoots.

Labor day weekend Sept 2-4

Wolverine Range War-MI State shoot

Port Huron, MI

Shootout at Stoney Bottom-Annual Shoot

Sept 9-10 at Gibsonburg, OH

High Noon at Tusco-Annual shoot

Oct 1-2

Midvale, OH

WV State Appalachian Showdown XX

Sept 23-25

Berkeley Springs, WV

SASS NE Regional

Sept 29-Oct 2

Thurmont, MD

Above are within resonable drive from Ohio. Others as mentioned previously are also excellent shoots. Good luck in your search.

I.M. Crossdraw

Ambush at Cavern Cove (Alabama State Match) is fantastic! You can get in a lot of shooting - 10-stage Main Match, 4-stage Black Powder side match, 4-stage Wild Bunch side match, a night Black Powder Shoot and all kinds of interesting side matches (I'll be running the speed pistol side match and helping out on the BP Side Match - come see me). There's always a good vendor attendance some free meals courtesy of our sponsors and unlimited story telling, visits with old friends, making new friends, the Bobcat Sparks Memorial Poker Tournament and the fun just goes on and on!

Would love to see ya there!

Alabama puts on a good state match Sep 29 - Oct 2.

http://www.northalabamaregulators.com/

Tennessee State is one of my favorites Oct 6 - 8.

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.html

The SE Regional at Givhans Ferry, of course.

http://givhansferry.homestead.com/

The Last Stand in January should be a really great match.

http://www.laststand.org/

We are about 1/2 full for the Tennessee State this year, Friday night dinner on the range and Sat. night Awards Banquet are both included in the price this year. Also this year we are offering Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter as a Category and going 5 deep in Awards.

Randy

Tusco's shoot 1st of Oct. is very well run shoot and alot of FUN!!!!!. We been there twice good time had by all both times.

Archived