SASS Wire Forum

The SASS Triple Crown should be;

The Triple Crown should not be just a few states competition. It should be a National Competition. Win your state. High finish at your regional, and high finish at WR or EOT. That will be more SASS.

What is your take on the issue?

Wire Paladin # 5954

SASS Life-Regulator

It ought to be whatever T-Bone and Mose want it to be. They are the pards taking the time and making the effort to

promote it.

I for one will make it to two out of three. U.S. Open and Comin at Cha. The Classic is to close to our Georgia State match for me.

T-Bone,

I saw Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter on the Classic Application but NOT on the Open or CAC> What's up?????

Judge

Well heck.

It seems to me that T-Bone was just trying to come up with a fun way to generate some fun, friendly competition and interest in three major matches in which he is involved. And most likely handling all the organization and funding the prizes, if any himself. It's not like official SASS money is going into this as far as I know.

This is a game we're playing here, there ain't no Cadillac on the line, nor million dollar endorsement deals neither.

I've said it before, it's gonna be a long winter.

Grizz

The Triple Crown should not be just a few states competition. It should be a National Competition. Win your state. High finish at your regional, and high finish at WR or EOT. That will be more SASS.

Wire Paladin # 5954

SASS Life-Regulator

High there Pard

I'll share the story with ya.

We that is T-Bone and I were brain stormin on some shoots we are helping with. Bella suggested that we tie them all together someway and T-bone says lets call it a triple crown .

We decided to have some fun with a series of shoots.

THE MIDWEST CLASSIC is just an annual match open to everyone .

The U.S.OPEN is open to ALL!! states and is neither a regional or state match but has all the great features of the best of the best .

COMIN-AT-CHA well it is a regional but hey its COMIN-AT-CHA not much more neeeds said.

I wish someone had come up with the idea before us but we did so I guess it is stuck with us now.

So please come join in and have some fun with us at all 3 or at least 1 of the TRIPLE CROWN Events

See Ya On The Range

MOSE

I am so glad you guys stepped up and said all of the things I would have said about the original post.

TBone and Mose came up with the idea.... folks can participate if they choose

... or they can come up with something similar for the shoots they promote

anyone who knows TBone and Mose know that they want to make it fun for EVERYONE

No one is trying to exclude anyone....

Wire Paladin # 5954

SASS Life-Regulator

Then they should have done it.

SASS has missed on some very good ideas in the past.

This could have been done by them LONG ago.

But they did not.

So now you want to complain about someone else doing something to help promote there shoots. :FlagAm:

When you come up with something. You can do it your way also.

Beside. Don't think SASS in buy the buckles and doing the work.

Now IF SASS really wanted to do something.

Western Nationals

Eastern Nationals

Then shoot it out at EOT.

Mmmm,

My take on the issue:

If you come up with an idea then it YOUR idea! Like it or Lump it :)

and I LIKE it!!!!!!!

Slick

P.S.

Thank you T-Bone and Mose for coming up with yet another gooooooooooood idea, to help this GAME we all share.

See ya at Winter Range!!! - Yes I'm going back, I could not stand not going :FlagAm:

hmmmm...looks like I'm gunna have to save my pennies and get to the midwest classic...been planning on the others.

AND T-BONE IS SASS!!!!!!!!!!

:FlagAm:

+1.... was just looking at the calendar myownself........

And T-Bone is the 2010 SHOOTIST #1 Award winner... and this is just one of the reasons why. The man is on FAHR with ideas on how to promote our sport. Don't ding him- join him! You just won't believe the fun you've been missing.

Pards,

No offense is intended. I love their idea. Just threw out something to consider. Isn't it interesting that the local level shooters come up with creative ideas to promote CAS.

W.P.

2011 is going to be a big year for CAS/SASS

Guest diablo slim shootist

How bout a quadruple crown-Paladin-the balls in your court HaHa-

anything that helps the sport is fine-Its just takes someone to step

up and try to do something-you ,Me ,t-bone who ever. SASS will

only do something if it will line their pockets IMHO :D

Barkeep, gimme a triple Crown with a Guinness Stout chaser! :ph34r: Good post WP. I'm glad to see yer response. I'm with you. I love the idea and glad to see T-Bone and Mose take the ideas they come up with and run with them. It's ideas like this that are gonna help keep this sport alive and help it grow IMHO. T-Bone...Mose...my hats off to ya! Now, back to that triple Crown and chaser... :D

A Jedi Salute to T-Bone and Mose on this one. Great idea.

About 2 years back, someone ask me what I thought about an intrastate competition where 4 locations within the state would be chosen and interested shooters had to attend 3 of those 4 matches during the summer months in a competition designed similar to what T-Bone and Mose are doing out West.

Anyhow, whomever was trying to foster the idea must have dropped it but I'm tickled to see somebody take the bull by the horns and Get R Dun!

..........Widder

The hell with Bone and Mose, I am with Titus having some TRIPLE CROWN AND 7'S with a big twist of lime!

Kiddin Mose, Bone. Love ya guys. All ya'll need to know is that these two are out for the game, that is it. They will do whatever they can to help any shooter have a great time. That is the spirit behind the Triple Crown.

• 4 weeks later...

How about a SASS [Founders Ranch Group] start a new beginning,,,,, Lets start with a Western Championship Match then bring on a Eastern Championship Match. The winners of each category would win a free entry to "The Duel In The Desert" match. Founders Ranch. The Staff will host the Duel Simmotianious in conjunction with EOT. Would it bring on a Rival between the East and West[[[[ Hell Yes]]]] Will it bring people to EOT [[[[Hell Yes]]]] Would it bring Shooters, Vendors, Economy [[[ Hell Yes]]] Then I ask You ---- WHY NOT DO IT ????? The Duel In the Desert Match hosted by The great people that brought us Cowboy Action Shooting.......SASS....... Kinda got a ring to it!!!!!!! More Shooters + More Champions + Happy people = Economical Growth for N.M. and Growth for SASS as a whole.. That's just my thought of the evening. T-Bone Dooley,,,

If it is fun Mose and T-bone are in the middle of it. Thanks guys for taking the lead on this. If we wait for others to do somoething most of the time it will not get done.

Good job and I plan to shoot in all three of the events.

T-Bone and Mose, I can't believe the two of you have done gone and claimed my idea...especially after knowing how harmed I was after Al Gore went and claimed that he invented the internet...after I had really invented it. From what I can see, it's Bella who is the most to blame since it was her idea to tie these matches together. If it wasn't for her, nobody would have been tryin' to come up with a name.

For the past two years I have attended the U.S. Open and Comin' at Cha and now I'm thinkin' I'm gonna have to try and figure out a way to be at the Midwest Classic as well...so I can protest, of course. Just know that no matter how much I might look like I'm having a good time, inside I'm fumin'. Really. I'm serious. I'm teed off. Upset. Depressed. My life is over. April, you say? Where's my calendar?

Keep up the good work guys...and gal(s). :)

Winter Range can be the Western Championship and ???? can be the Eastern Championship...then face off at EOT...now there's an idea that would boost attendance both by having an additional Championship (Eastern) and by having a East vs. West challenge at EOT.

Now there's an innovative idea. I mean, a lot of folks on the eastern side of the US never go to WR because it's 2000+ miles away. So let do a split...even though it's not really a split and have 'em all meet in the middle (EOT).

Cool idea!!!!

Phantom

Guys

T-Bone came up with it so it his game , I would bet if YOU want to do something similer T-Bone Would say "go for it "

Inivations like this is why T-Bone and the Dooley Gang are so good for the game.

See ya down the trail

CHickasaw Bill

Why say it twice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowhand

Winter Range can be the Western Championship and ???? can be the Eastern Championship...then face off at EOT...now there's an idea that would boost attendance both by having an additional Championship (Eastern) and by having a East vs. West challenge at EOT.

Now there's an innovative idea. I mean, a lot of folks on the eastern side of the US never go to WR because it's 2000+ miles away. So let do a split...even though it's not really a split and have 'em all meet in the middle (EOT).

Cool idea!!!!

Phantom

U.S. Open for the Eastern Championship.

No better place to have it.

U.S. Open for the Eastern Championship.

No better place to have it.

Maybe...would be interesting to know how those in the Eastern side think. WR is pretty far west...definitely south.

Frankly, I'd think something a bit more east would be good.

Think about it "The Duel In The Desert" Double the entries at EOT. Can the Ranch handle all those people???? Why sure they can.. Will all the vendors spots be full,,,YES. Are the visiters parking lot full??? YES.. Is everyone Happy???? YES...show me the negitive side to a match like this.... The Wild Bunch have a great staff just waiting for a green light.... Still Thinkin'... T-Bone

Think about it "The Duel In The Desert" Double the entries at EOT. Can the Ranch handle all those people???? Why sure they can.. Will all the vendors spots be full,,,YES. Are the visiters parking lot full??? YES.. Is everyone Happy???? YES...show me the negitive side to a match like this.... The Wild Bunch have a great staff just waiting for a green light.... Still Thinkin'... T-Bone

Keep on thinkin T-Bone!! All these ideas to help bring folks together from different locations...that otherwise would just stay at their home club, can do nothing but make SASS/CAS BETTER!!!!!

Does yer brain ever tire?????

:huh:

No No my friend Phantom, Outlaw entertainment just released the 1st private---multi match Entry Flyer in full color.., To include Possum Trot, Hell Fire, Comin'At Cha, Il. State, Mn.State, Midwest Classic,Black Gold [Copperhead Joes New Match], Cypress Creek Cowboys and a brand new club in Park City , Ky. the Rock Castle Rangers.. This flyer will go out via U.S. Post to over 1000 cowboy shooters..It's not the back page of some old magazine ,,,this ones on your door step, so you can see it all the time.. Watch out ,,it will be in a mail box near you SOON !!!!!!!!Again just a little something extra..... T-Bone

Wire Paladin # 5954

SASS Life-Regulator

Paladin since it appears that the triple crown may be a closed issue, start a GRAND SLAM along your lines. State, Regional, Winter Range, and EOT

Archived