SASS Wire Forum

So.................................Whaddya Git?

Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

I made out like a bandit.

The lovely Dakota Skipper :ph34r: gave me a new Rugged Gear Deluxe Gun Cart!

My kids gave me a photograph book about Lonesome Dove and a couple of books on Tom Horn.

My Open Range Cowboy Santa gave me a neat video called "Outride the Devil - A Morning With Doc Holliday" starring Kit Hussey (a one-man show)

I gave myself a new .357 1873 Codymatic.

Can't do much better than that!

How'd y'all make out?????

--Dawg

I got the movie True Grit and tickets to the new one; 2000 Starline 45 LC cases w/ lead to match! Just gettin' ready to raid the neighbor's chicken coop for eggs and get to playin' with my new toys!

That Kiowa Kid sure knows the way to a real woman's heart! :ph34r:

Santa bought me a Cimmaron open top in .38, it came in on Christmas eve day. I got a .38 conv. already so I may be shootin .38 BP quite a bit this year. I love the feel of these guns. Also got some clothes and gift cards from other folks.

Someone got me cookies and some movies and the best of all a FREE OVV shoot!thanks guys!!!

Merry Christmas Dawg & Miss Skipper!

Got a book of Mort Kunstler's Civil War paintings ... something I've been wanting for a lonnng time.

And a pair of warm house mocassins that look like cowboy boots!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Happy New Year.

God bless us, every one.

KJ gave me all homemade gifts this year, two shadow boxes that she put together with the Indian pottery and arrowheads we found in Globe AZ a month ago. A picture frame with a few pics of me with my boy. And some really cute coupons she made, a couple for a backrub, a couple for a date night with just the two of us etc. very thoughtful and from the heart, she is good at stuff like that.

Howdy Dawg.

Katie got me a new Inspiron 15R, Fast compared to the old CPX 650.

and Katie got Material to make an outfit to match her hat from last Christmas. It is wonderful to have a happy lady for Christmas.''

Santa Fingers sent me some cowboy business cards and a portable all fits in the handle Pistol cleaning kit.

All in all, I am doing fine.

Sam :ph34r:

Howdy

I knew something wuz up when a package arrived from SASS headquarters and I hadn't ordered anything. Mrs Johnson gave me a copy of Mike Venturino's Shooting Sixguns of the Old West.

A copy of "Black Gun, Silver Star," biography of Bass Reeves, who overcame starting off as a black slave to become a feared lawman in Oklahoma. I saw a quick blurb about him on a documentary, and I look forward to reading it.

-Solo Sam

I got a trip to Gaston's White River Resort at Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas. Heading out over spring break. I won't be able to shoot a match in the area since we won't be there on a weekend.

My wife Skeeterbite and I had already exchanged gifts and we had decided months ago that we were not going to spend much this year.

I was in the other room and came back in the living room and there was another package laying on the coffee table.

I knew it was some type of long gun based on the size and shape of the package and assumed it was a shotgun.

When I got over the shock and finally opened it I not only cried, but was speechless. Trust me here, its not a very common situation when I am speechless.

My wonderful wife surprised me with a second to none 73 Jimmy Spurs special. She had on order since Guns of August and I had no idea what so ever.

She just picked it up yesterday from our local ffl Persimmon Dan who called her as soon as it was delivered to him.

She had been talking to Jimmy several times and he had been waiting on a shipment to come in and like another post on here commented, he goes above and beyond to service his customers.

Jimmy is a true Cowboy!!

He got this rifle finished and shipped in time for my wife to surprise me at Christmas.

No guns from Santa, but didn't expect any.

He did bring me the following

DVDs

The Quick and the Dead - Sam Elliot

Monte Walsh - Lee Marvin

Sam Elliot double feature - Gone to Texas and Blue River

Appaloosa (already have this one, may return it or trade for something else)

Wild West Outlaws collection - 10 Classic Westerns

Books

20th Century Small Arms guide

The Double-Jack Murders - Patrick McManus

And a check that will help towards the repairs my commuter car needs.

Grizz

Hi Pards

Well i got hot tounge and cold shoulder for christmas as i told my boss (wife) i was going to a shoot the day after christmas and would be gone all day Ha Ha. I hope to have a good time. Wishing everyone a Merry CHriatmas and a healthy and happy New Year.

Connecticut Yankee.

From Santa's Friend (non-family) A mostly restored 1973 CJ5, I'm delighted.

No more Crown bags yea!

Got 7 ammo pouches with loops for bullets on one side and my alias on the other....

and a big leather loop on one end to hand it on my belt when I'm walking to the loading table.

and my favorite perfume

and a certificate that insists I get someone else to give me a massage

and a note that says my new rifle is at Cody Conagers waiting for an action job

I'm a happy Cowgirl

The only thing I wanted that I didn't get is a tshirt that says...

"God give me the patience to change the men I can, the aim to shoot the ones I can't,

and the wisdom to know the difference"

well, my gifts are spread out alittle.

already got BUKU primers and powder earlier. Next week, I pick up the BUKU bullets. If you want to know how many is BUKU, well, its more that you can shoot in 2 seconds.

PLUS, my good Pard Korupt Karl and I will be having supper together one evening next week. He's doing well and I'm glad.

..........Widder

Merry Christmas Sass,

First let me say my birthday is also this month!!!

Got a beretta silver pigeon V O/U clays gun

Pair of batwing chaps to go with new shotgun belt/gun belt

Trip too my first winter range

Buffalo hide for a coat

Boy I really owe my wife for putting up with this cowboy!!!

Vance

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

It sounds like we've all been absolutely blessed with great gifts and warm hearts.

Mrs Paniolo gave me a new pair of boots and a remote control toy car.

Yes, believe it or not I got a toy remote car! Me! Imagine that. Somehow she must have found out that with six of us kids growing up, we all had very few toys as kids.

Right now the dog's in hiding! :P

Merry Christmas pards ...

And please know that my prayers are with you all today!

I gotsa a Midway Range Bag and a 10 Gallon Air Tank (cuz I'm a blow-hard) from the mizzus, Clamity.

She got a Mernickle Holy Terror III rig and a Garmin 1390LMT GPS.

And I got meownself :P a brandy-new used Marlin 1895 Cowboy lever. :D

Merry Christmas To All!

I got my first melting pot, molds, and sizing die. And for something random a bike?? Can't wait to get to mold my first bullets and for the weather to warm up to ride my bike. lol I feel like a kid again.

:P:P:lol:

We did not get to put any lights up for the first time in 33 years ,no tree and no gifts

I HAVE HAD THE BEST GIFT OF ALL(and well be the one I remember the rest of my life)

MY WIFE IS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND WITH NEW MEDS GOING TO OUT LIVE US ALL

And of all things she is HAPPY that I am still here after the problem with my heart.

LIFE IS A GREAT GIFT ENJOY IT

:D:D:blink:

:P:P:lol:

We did not get to put any lights up for the first time in 33 years ,no tree and no gifts

I HAVE HAD THE BEST GIFT OF ALL(and well be the one I remember the rest of my life)

MY WIFE IS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND WITH NEW MEDS GOING TO OUT LIVE US ALL

And of all things she is HAPPY that I am still here after the problem with my heart.

LIFE IS A GREAT GIFT ENJOY IT

:D:D:blink:

Having the ones you love by your side.... that is the best gift of all.

I live in California,local sales tax went up to 9.25,gas is up to 3.50 a gallon,Boxer somehow still has her job,and Jerry Brown is governor somehow,we had about 4 killings lately and it looks to get ALOT worse..

The good thing,i will have a grandduaghter in a few days for the first time.. :P

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed got me a Rolling Block in .45-70.

Big Red, (#1 Son) got me some cowboy type DVDs.

Saw him snoopin' through my collection some time ago, so I guess he went a'huntin'

Gun safe is startin' to get crowded with .45-70's, 'cause she gave me a Sharps last year and a hi-Wall the year before.

Heard her talkin' to her gal friends, something about me bein' easy to shop for, but expensive.

Kids, grandkids and in-laws over to the house for Christmas brunch.

Colt 1911 Commercial Model (1941) in very good condition.

25 lbs. of Goex 2f

Gift certificate for Starline Brass.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Guest diablo slim shootist
Merry Christmas Sass,

First let me say my birthday is also this month!!!

Got a beretta silver pigeon V O/U clays gun

Pair of batwing chaps to go with new shotgun belt/gun belt

Trip too my first winter range

Buffalo hide for a coat

Boy I really owe my wife for putting up with this cowboy!!!

Vance

Boy Vance i want to see a picture of the coat you make out of that buffalo hide -im Jealous.

you will have to change your alias to Jeremiah Montana :P

Kids got me gift cards to some places I like.

A nice Kershaw knife.

Even got some gift cards from some of my customers. :P

Thought that was nice of them.

Wife is getting a new B-Western rig made by Jack at LoneRider Leather.

So that is hers from me.

And hers to me is she is going to shoot a lot more with me this year. :D

A new cleaning kit, broke the old one....Air and entry for WR.....

merry Christmas all,

cheyenne :P

Archived