SASS Wire Forum

Bathroom dreams

What’s with these companies selling the “Bathroom of your dreams” or The lawn of your dreams”, etc.

I’ve never dreamed about a bathroom or lawn! Have you :P:lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Nothing good can come of this!!!

• Haha 6

Hey Al Bundy built the bathroom of his dream with a large throne and a tv to watch while sitting on the throne. LOL

TM

Edited by Texas Maverick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Large walk in shower with a bench or two,  hand held and fixed shower heads,  including horizontal jets all fed by inch and a half supply lines for good water pressure.  A 2 person soaking/whirlpool tub.

Two toilets,  each with a privacy wall.

The whole thing with a tile floor and central drain for easy cleaning...especially useful if you get the flu or have other issues that necessitate a rush to the facilities. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

image.jpeg.f2cc945a0e0472a99e0e3739ba3b7a2a.jpeg

Generally when I see a toilet in my dreams it means I need to get up and go pee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Large walk in shower with a bench or two,  hand held and fixed shower heads,  including horizontal jets all fed by inch and a half supply lines for good water pressure.  A 2 person soaking/whirlpool tub.

The whole thing with a tile floor and central drain for easy cleaning...especially useful if you get the flu or have other issues that necessitate a rush to the facilities. 

So did you dream about that and then do it??:P

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And babysit your contractor to stop them from doing something stupid.  ie. Slope the entire room to the drain, tile up 6" on every wall, tile the entire floor except for the HVAC vent which they lowered to be flush in the floor.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

NOPE , but apparently my wife has - we have three in the process , one done here , they were working fine for me ......but i dont need the luxury she does apparently , she mentioned the lawn last year but i ignored her , spring is coming tho ................. 

nothing like taking on projects in the most expensive areas of the house , im sure ill hear about the kitchen soon , its dated and the appliances are only a few new - dish washer , refrigerator , rest are dated , sometimes it seems like one can never keep up , .........would be fun to go a year without spending on these things , ill need a water heater soon too , 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Want to slow down the projects?  Remove the hgtv channel from the tv. Approaching 2 years without a major project here.

wont work here - my wife was an interior designer and since we closed hhe studio our home became the focus , there is very little here [save my room and the small office i have here] that has not been changed in recent years , i get what your saying about tuning out the inspirations by stimulation , but trust me , her head is running full throttle all the time , my bank account on the other hand is not in retirement 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

“Lawn of your dreams”

Do not buy a house in a neighborhood that has one house with a “dream lawn” when everyone else just has a lawn. The person with the dream lawn is usually a real and true pain in the a**. Especially if the prevailing winds send your dandelion seeds his way. 
It irks them. Then that irks you. Then harsh words are spoken. Threats are made on one side while promises are made on the other. Fantasies of leaving messages in the grass using “Kill All” or gasoline dance in one’s dreams.

It’s a vicious annual circle. Things just don’t go well. Avoid those neighborhoods if at all possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I found out last year that white kitchen appliances don't cook good anymore.  We had to upgrade to matching stainless steel appliances.  Now they cook good but she hardly ever cooks anymore.  

Did you know that 25 year old kitchen appliances have $0 resale value?  They all worked just fine.   People won't even haul them off for free.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Another annoying line to get you buy stuff is this gem"

"It;s time to fall in love again, with your home" Only at Calvetta Bros Floor show!:o

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

And babysit your contractor to stop them from doing something stupid.  ie. Slope the entire room to the drain, tile up 6" on every wall, tile the entire floor except for the HVAC vent which they lowered to be flush in the floor.  

I think 6’

• Like 1

The bathroom (and kitchen) in this house are both carpeted, and there's no outlet for electricity in the bathroom either. I daydream about having a better bathroom but as a poor broke millennial that will remain a pipe dream at best.

• Sad 1

Broke, motivated and wanting are why I learned most of my skills to do it myself.

And back in the day I didn't have youtube.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

A roomy shower big enough for three and a jacuzzi tub also big enough for three.

Menage a trois ???:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:53 PM, Texas Joker said:

Broke, motivated and wanting are why I learned most of my skills to do it myself.

And back in the day I didn't have youtube.

yes , me too and we did everything ourselves till this year , i did the first bath and told her i was too old for this now - so we have hired out the second two , thats whats taking so long , the one i did tooh me a couple weeks , these two are going on two months and she is getting ansi to be done - one nearly is but it just seems there is always one more thing , we have one more that we shall put off a bit till the pocketbook recovers a little and we rethink the approach , 

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Menage a trois ???:o

Or just fat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thanks - i was the fallen and i cant get up guy last fall , - i always scoffed at that as i had never experienced brady cardia ...........now i understand , you guys work hard - took three to get me out of the house and still broke something my wife put back together so no problem , thanks to all that do the EMT work , it made my episode much easier , 

u laterally could not get to the car when my wife was wanting to take me in , i wont scoff at the fall and i cant get up again , im not sure why others might experience it but with bradycardia you literally are sleeping while wide awake and you can move but you have nothing to stand /walk / do anything but sit or lie in whatever position you are in  , i fif not realize it came n slow - i kept getting tired faster and with less efforts , i just said i was getting old and less capable , 

now im able and i can , im not 50 again but im not yet 75 either - thats next year , i have more energy and can operate normal again , i still dont like ladders but i can again climb one without getting woozy  , not that i wantto , 

• Like 2