SASS Wire Forum

Not a fit day out for man nor beast.

IMG_3211.thumb.jpeg.892143edf2f97d275dda00685b03c3e6.jpeg

Icicles are small here, only a few power outages reported.  Nothing like 2007, yet, thank goodness.  Stay warm!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It has not been fit to be out for over a week.  I'm bored,  I cleaned my reloading bench, I picked up the junk on the floor, another day I organized the shelves.  I found the box of brass shotshells and they are loaded,  and I came across the box of paper shotshells I got at an estate auction last summer.  The brass is stamped Sears sportsman, Federal Cartridge, Buffalo, Canuck, Winchester Ranger, among others.  I loaded them all with black powder, and some got a star crimp while some I cut down and gave them a roll crimp with an antique roll crimp tool.  Did I mention, I am bored.  

• Haha 1

Arnold mo this morning

Videos of swiftly spinning fire truck show you just just how slick it is in Missouri https://cdllife.com/2024/videos-of-swiftly-spinning-fire-truck-show-you-just-just-how-slick-it-is-in-missouri/

There is some language in one of the clips if that offends watch the 2nd one but not the first

Edited by Texas Joker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

We’re getting some pretty good rain, 2.4” since midnight with more coming down hard. Gotta hunch you folks to the east might get pretty wet from this storm too. 

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Most intense ice storm I have seen since moving to Springfield, MO in Oct 2019.

Very slippery outside.

Our lights flickered a few times but the power is still on.  Temperature is now 33F but I only have one factory original kneecap left so I'm inside for the duration!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Arnold mo this morning

Videos of swiftly spinning fire truck show you just just how slick it is in Missouri https://cdllife.com/2024/videos-of-swiftly-spinning-fire-truck-show-you-just-just-how-slick-it-is-in-missouri/

There is some language in one of the clips if that offends watch the 2nd one but not the first

That driver needs to some serious retraining. Fire Truck was definitely going way too fast for the road conditions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Arnold mo this morning

Whaaaat? I meant to park there!

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

We’re getting some pretty good rain, 2.4” since midnight with more coming down hard. Gotta hunch you folks to the east might get pretty wet from this storm too. 

Yul,

You keep sending it over to me!

PF

1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Yul,

You keep sending it over to me!

PF

Since midnight we’ve gotten right at 2.75” and it’s still raining so don’t put yer slicker away for awhile. Correction on the total, I thought Mrs. Lose emptied the gauge, she didn’t.

Edited by Yul Lose

I slept in an hour this morning. Let the salt trucks do their thing. Glad I did. People were parked funny all over the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's all iced up here, rain later and up to 40 so it should melt some.

21 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Since midnight we’ve gotten right at 2.75” and it’s still raining so don’t put yer slicker away for awhile. Correction on the total, I thought Mrs. Lose emptied the gauge, she didn’t.

Started raining here about 1000 (Mon 22) and continued til 2000 or so. Today after heavy morning fog, we've got basically sunny skies. Don't know how much we got but a lot. Looks like San Diego caught hell with lots of flooding. Are you up around Escondido? 

Stay safe!

PF

Today was the first day it got up over freezing.  Freezing rain and snow yesterday. Today I made a Mule run to mailbox.  I spun on wet ice so put it in 4WD. Here's what's the road looked like.

20240123_110300.thumb.jpg.83b8831785eeb666f54cb8fb6eb2dd86.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yesterday I called Midway USA to place an order….they were even shut down 

1 hour ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

Yesterday I called Midway USA to place an order….they were even shut down 

There were a long list of closures yesterday.  Grafs,  I'm assuming retail maybe internet business was closed. The factory where oldest son works shut down. Gunsmith Frank in St. Charles was closed. Some restaurants.  FedEx didn’t deliver.

Right now it's hard to see past yard fence. 

Edited by Warden Callaway
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Started raining here about 1000 (Mon 22) and continued til 2000 or so. Today after heavy morning fog, we've got basically sunny skies. Don't know how much we got but a lot. Looks like San Diego caught hell with lots of flooding. Are you up around Escondido? 

Stay safe!

PF

About 8 miles N.E. Of Escondido. 

Poor farmers and people that have to be out.  We just saw the headlights of the neighbors that rent our pasture out feeding their cows.  Of course they are work hardened into it.  But it's work that has to be done. 

• Like 3

i really feel bad for all of you there , when we get that its horrible , lucked out this year so far , we are getting +30-40s this week , unheard of here in a long time , no sun , but no snow and so far no rain , good luck to all of you , stay safe 

• 3 weeks later...

Got up to 70 yesterday (February 8th, 24) but excessive wind. 23 gusting to 45.  I'm sure it was higher at times.  More crap out of trees that were storm damaged last year.  I rode some trails last Wednesday and have a lot of new places to clean up. 

Mary dropped out what was left of old box of cereal yesterday.  I made note that no birds or squirrels were out.  Just now a bunch of Bluejays flocked in to clean up the cereal.  

Found first deer sheds a few days ago. Really the Jones Boys found them by their hay bails along our drive and left them for me. I ended up giving them back to them.

ShedsFebruary2024.jpg.d74aa0a5baed4817943dd34091d6dc3b.jpg

Probably the varmint that lost them. Note the bald spot. Taken on trail cam about 100 yards away.

AntlerlessbuckFebruary2024.JPG.67be134caf4e49cbd40578a4f18a1e4d.JPG

• Like 2

Been pretty nice here the past few days. Mid 50s low 60s and mostly sunny.

The weather guessers say it will remain moderate temps, but it’s liable to rain all weekend!!

Up to 34F. here today and no rain, snow or sleet.

Except for a couple of intense storms, we haven't had a lot of snow this year and what we had, we are slowly losing.

It happens like that once in a while.