SASS Wire Forum

Terrible movies

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Napoleon Dynamite.

After 10 minutes I wanted to go back to Blockbuster and demand a refund.

I guy I worked midnight shift with at the time thought it was funny as hell.

Saw it again years later on TBS. Still sucked after 10 minutes 

3 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

The Hateful Eight had to be one of the worst movies I ever endured. Doubly bad, since it was a "western".  :wacko:

Didn't even try to watch The Hateful Eight.   Did watch Bone Tomahawk.  It was awful. 

8 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Didn't even try to watch The Hateful Eight.   Did watch Bone Tomahawk.  It was awful. 

Bone Tomahawk was gruesome.

But...

Had they put it out as a Horror Western, we would have been more prepared!

The acting, I thought was good.

The concept was 'out there'...

The interesting part was the film was on a very low budget and filmed in 30ish days.

I wish I had plugged my ears as well as shut my eyes in 'the one scene'...I'm sure you know wich one.

11 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  You apparently haven't watched (TRIED to watch)  "Night of the Leppus".  I recall some bad ones like "Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow" from the times when we went to the friday night movies, no matter what was playing......

Now your starting down a path of a long line of bad movies.

14 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

One people say they hate...and I love...

Cowboys VS Aliens

I’m right there with you 

Anything with Will Ferrel or Sacha Baron Cohen in it will hold a niche on such a list, followed by any western with Fred McMurray in the leading role.

7 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Anything with Will Ferrel or Sacha Baron Cohen in it will hold a niche on such a list, followed by any western with Fred McMurray in the leading role.

I LOVE Le Miserables...except for Cohen as the 'Master'. He took the role far too over the edge.

I'm sure many if not most will groan at this one.  But I think it the perfect western.  It managed to cram in about the whole spectrum of movie themes.  It's got white hat good guys, black hat bad guys, stagecoach holdups,  cattle rustling, ranch owners feuding, sinister crime boss, rancher's daughter being forced to marriage with sinister crime boss, jilted bar maid, shootouts,  chases on horseback, singing cowboy,  comic sidekicks,  saloon fights, knock down drag outs between hero and villain.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, Trigger Mike said:

Out Of Africa.  My future wife and I went to see it and both fell asleep.  Any movie that puts 2 dating teenagers asleep has got to be bad.

Chariots of Fire had the same effect on my wife & I.

11 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

you haven't seen "The Revenge Trail of the Outlaw Josie Wales" then. NOT starring Clint Eastwood. 

I'd still watch it though!

On 8/12/2021 at 8:14 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

One people say they hate...and I love...

Cowboys VS Aliens

I liked it, not great, but not bad either.   It was a science fiction movie that took place in the Old West, it was not a Western.

My sister-in-law told us how GREAT "Talladega Nights" was. After 5 minutes I turned it off and NEVER took her suggestion for a movie again! Then I found out she and her husband love McDonalds and think Cracker Barrel is nasty. That solidified my notion of her being a total moron!

90% of the westerns made after Tombstone are not worth the film they wasted making them. 

I refuse to watch almost anything with Steve Martin in it. I can't stand the way he over-acts everything.

CS

2 minutes ago, Carolina Sorillo said:

My sister-in-law told us how GREAT "Talladega Nights" was. After 5 minutes I turned it off and NEVER took her suggestion for a movie again! Then I found out she and her husband love McDonalds and think Cracker Barrel is nasty. That solidified my notion of her being a total moron!

90% of the westerns made after Tombstone are not worth the film they wasted making them. 

I refuse to watch almost anything with Steve Martin in it. I can't stand the way he over-acts everything.

CS

I have to say, I do like LA Story.

13 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I have to say, I do like LA Story.

LA Story is good and so is Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with Steve Martin & Michael Caine

You watch a Steve Martin movie to see his overacting. You have to understand that he is making fun of the entire premise!  That is his shtick! If you don’t like his take on things then you won’t like his movies.

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

You watch a Steve Martin movie to see his overacting. You have to understand that he is making fun of the entire premise!  That is his shtick! If you don’t like his take on things then you won’t like his movies.

I thought he overacted to hide the fact that he can't act. However,  I do like "Cheaper by the dozen".

CS

Archived