SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

A couple were flying to Hawaii for their 50th anniversary.

suddenly, over the public address system, the captain announces, “Ladies and gentlemen, I am afraid I have some very bad news. Our engines have ceased functioning and we will attempt an emergency landing. Luckily, I see an uncharted island below us and we should be able to land on the beach. However, the odds are that we may never be rescued and will have to live on the island for the rest of our lives.”

Thanks to the skill of the flight crew, the plane lands safely on the island.

An hour later, the husband turns to his wife and asks, “Honey, did we pay the car bill this month?”

“No, sweetheart,” she responds.

Still shaken from the crash landing, he then asks, “Did we pay our credit card bill yet?”

“Oh no! I’m sorry. I forgot to send the check,” she says.

“One last thing, did you remember to pay the medical bill for the hospital visit last month?” he asks.

“Oh, forgive me, sweetheart,” begged the wife. “I didn’t send that one, either.”

The husband grabs her and gives her the biggest hug in 50 years. She pulls away and asks him, “What was the hug for?”

The husband replies “They’ll find us.”

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... don't ask how I know, ... but this works .......:blush:

About 75 cm long (about 32 inches in alternative arbitrary units) might be near optimal, but anything is likely better than only the mount for anything. But I have no screwdrivers that long.

4 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

About 75 cm long (about 32 inches in alternative arbitrary units) might be near optimal, but anything is likely better than only the mount for anything. But I have no screwdrivers that long.

..... do Lowes sell them ?  :huh:

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... do Lowes sell them ?  :huh:

They DO~!!  :)

Now... do you have Lowes down that-a-way??  :huh:

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

They DO~!!  :)

Now... do you have Lowes down that-a-way??  :huh:

.... no, ....... but we have Bunnings ...   :)

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjZi_bp2Lj2AhVEHSsKHX5BCGAYABAAGgJzZg&sig=AOD64_3SE9zy6ebP3vFaS5-iBseLjuO7tQ&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwjome7p2Lj2AhXpRmwGHTnpCrMQ0Qx6BAgEEAE

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Me in July

Spotted on the freeway today. San Diego Ca. | Funny Pictures, Quotes, Pics,  Photos, Images. Videos of Really Very Cute animals.

Heard Gov. Newson got "Thank You" from Penske and U-Haul     GW

26 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1646918319755.thumb.jpg.060c795a63fccefca3d7194bd1a1cd6b.jpg

On a not so humorous note, I understand the stereotype and the humor, but I miss my father-in-law and mother-in-law every day, and wish I could sit down for one more Friday lunch with Bruce, and go over to “help out “ with something for Beth and spend a couple of hours drinking coffee and just talking. I absorbed (I hope) a lot of wisdom during those times. I love them both, still.

1 minute ago, DocWard said:

On a not so humorous note, I understand the stereotype and the humor, but I miss my father-in-law and mother-in-law every day, and wish I could sit down for one more Friday lunch with Bruce, and go over to “help out “ with something for Beth and spend a couple of hours drinking coffee and just talking. I absorbed (I hope) a lot of wisdom during those times. I love them both, still.

I agree.

I was more welcome by my wife's family then by my own family. 

Now both her parents,  and mine are gone.

We each only have one sibling left apiece.

Archived