SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stolen from elsewhere:

When I went to a Navy school the first morning muster the Chief introduced himself, walked the line shaking hands. That is, until he got to Ernie. He was from Hawaii and his last name on his name tag was a 13 letter-long native name.

The Chief asked, “So I don’t insult your family name, would you pronounce your last name for me?”

To which Ernie responded…’.’Smith!”

We all laughed as did the Chief.

Knowing that you can pronounce your name any way you wish, no matter how it is spelled, helps to understand this story.

The once was a man named Jones. Mr. Jones was very successful in business, and made several million dollars. But he was always embarrassed about his exceedingly common name.

In his will he said that any of his descendants would inherit $100,000, with the proviso that they have their last name changed. He did not care what they changed it to. They just had to change it.

His grandson has his last name legally changed to Zebronskijustakov.

He pronounced it Jones.

My father told me one time that frequently people would ask him how he spelled his name.

He said that he believed what had actually happened was that they had forgotten his name, and instead of having the courage to say, "I'm sorry sir, I've forgotten your name", they would ask how to spell it, and this way they would learn what it was without having to show that they had a crappy memory.

He said he responded the same way every time - "S M I T H, just like all the other Smiths".

(Our name is not Smith)

13 minutes ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

Image preview

If he only had some sort of device or article of clothing… Something that would automatically shield the sun from his eyes for him.

2 hours ago, DocWard said:

If he only had some sort of device or article of clothing… Something that would automatically shield the sun from his eyes for him.

I'm going to assume that what you see is that picture that white boy with his baseball cap on backwards holding his hand to his forehead to keep the Sun out of his eyes so he could see?

I wonder why that did not show up on my screen?

Screenshot_20220302-155025.thumb.png.9317b011ae7387c03b24575b85d05511.png

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I'm going to assume that what you see is that picture that white boy with his baseball cap on backwards holding his hand to his forehead to keep the Sun out of his eyes so he could see?

I wonder why that did not show up on my screen?

Screenshot_20220302-155025.thumb.png.9317b011ae7387c03b24575b85d05511.png

This one. 

Why do guys wear their hats backwards? - Quora

If only he had some sort of device or a computer or smart phone to help him see the images…

:lol:

I can’t see them either…

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

This one. 

Why do guys wear their hats backwards? - Quora

Look close, he's Cubs' fan.

I was entering Kyiv at Boryspil airport. My previous Samsonite suitcase had been destroyed by Polish LOT airlines so I had a new suitcase (a bad thing).

As we leave baggage claim, we pass through customs which is a couple of customs agents looking to pick out “smugglers”.

A white haired woman selected me from the masses and directed me into the examination room.  I knew from past experience that she was looking for something that she could be bribed to overlook but once bitten twice shy. It was a new suitcase so I had grabbed a Turkish Air name tag.

She said, “I see you have been to Turkey, do you have any gold, silver, jewels?”

I was visiting a female friend and brought some requested items from Victoria’s Secret. I said “panties.”

she was unfamiliar with the word, she said “panties?”

this was repeated a couple times until I said in Russian, <<трусики>>(trusiki).

she laughed and let me go.

Archived