SASS Wire Forum

My message to the California Governor

Pat Riot

I just sent the following to Gavin Newsom on his website:

Mr. Newsom,. 
You have no honor. You stated that you believed in the Second Amendment, yet you signed that idiotic bill  AB2847. That technology doesn't exist and has been proven that it cannot be done, yet you signed it into law. You are also trying to crush people's Second Amendment rights through bad elitist legislation and by impacting the availability of guns that are perfectly safe for police but somehow unsafe for the public, who the Second Amendment was written for.  You, Sir, wield your ignorance like a sword. Perhaps before signing any more laws you should educate yourself on the laws that you intend to sign, and not by talking to your advisors, who are also obviously ignorant. I know you probably won't see my words, but to the person that is seeing them, I hope you convey my deepest regards to the Governor that his ignorance and political desires will cost lives someday and not just on these issues. 

:angry:

Very well stated, Pat.

How many edits did you have to make before you removed all the 4 letter words you really wanted to use?

:D

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Very well stated, Pat.

How many edits did you have to make before you removed all the 4 letter words you really wanted to use?

:D

You are getting to know me well...at least 6 :rolleyes:

"Duh... OH Boy!  Here I go!  Off to work to sign some more shtuff I dreamed up!  Oh, I just LUV my job...!"   ^_^

Emperor Nortonsom2.png

12 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Six, just six? You are to be commended for your courage and for your restraint. 

Imis

Six edits, not six words...

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Rumor has they are going to confiscate all the guns, sell them, and use the money to pay reparations!

CA would not sell them. They would melt them down and sell the scrap metal for pennies! Or, most likely, the scrap metal would be left to the smelter for payment.:angry:

AB&I Foundry Hosts Gun Melt Of Confiscated Weapons

Mayor Libby Schaaf of Oakland tosses guns into the smelter (Sept 09, 2019.

Mayor_Libby_Schaaf_of_Oakland_Gun_Melt_at_AB_I_Foundry.jpg?p=publish&w=950

Many of the manhole covers in Oakland and other Bay Area cities were cast from melted firearms by the once-mighty Phoenix Iron Works in the last century.

I recall reading back in the 80's, I think it was, about a statue cast from melted firearms.  Turns out the statue was actually cast before the guns were ever processed.

Sound quality is terrible; listen closely.  This sorta sums up the lad... and what we have to live with:  :(

I knew, years ago when this ......... Was elected lieutenant gubbner that he was going to make moonbeam look like a conservative. You know as pelosi's nephew he is being groomed for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. You think Biden/Harris are a threat to America? They are harmless whisps of smoke compared to gruesome.

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Sound quality is terrible; listen closely.  This sorta sums up the lad... and what we have to live with:  :(

Kinda hoping his head would...never mind...

9 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Rumor has they are going to confiscate all the guns, sell them, and use the money to pay reparations!

Time for CA to fall off into the Pacific, though it would doubtless kill all the fish.

i cannot express in words at this time how badly i feel for the citizens of CA , not that its much better anywhere else right now - it just seems worse there from what i read and hear 

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Kinda hoping his head would...never mind...

... Explode?   :)

I kinda expected it to spin around ~ a full 360°.   Skull

13 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I'm sorry you took the time to write that.  You wasted your time.  He'll never see it.  And if he did, he'd delete it.  Don't let him live rent free in your head.

I don’t. 

On 10/2/2020 at 9:18 AM, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Ignoring the obvious 2A issue there is a problem with uncompensated takings.  I doubt the sales would cover the cost of reimbursing the original owners for the value of the guns.  When SCOTUS is back-up to full strength there will be a solid 5-1-3 constitutionalist majority on Oct 31st there will be a solid 5 justices who will grant cert to a may issue case which will mean that SCOTUS will tell the lower federal courts that all 2A infringing laws have to be reviewed using strict scrutiny.  The reason SCOTUS has been reluctant to grant cert to most 2A cases except for the NYC case is the 4 conservative justices can't trust Roberts to not be a political squish.  He has assumed Anthony Kennedy's roll.  In the NYC case Roberts didn't want to piss off the gun grabbers; so, he agreed with NYC & NY state lawyers that the case was moot.

He doesn't care and they don't care. They don't believe in individual rights or property. They only believe in power and wealth. Unless you bring them power and wealth they could not care less about you or anyone else. Once they turn the nation into a one party state like California through uncontrolled immigration, illegal voting, doing away with the electoral college, and fraudulant mail in voting with padded voter rolls they will end America. Group rights (which means no rights) and autocratic control of everything from what you are allowed to drive, where you are allowed to travel, where you are allowed to get healthcare, go to school, live, and on and on from light bulbs to toilets to what food you can eat. Hate crimes for what you say or how you worship or what you believe. Want to see the future look to China.

Archived