SASS Wire Forum

“Celebrity” athletes

Excerpts from an AP article about LeBron James. Boo hoo, the poor thing. 

“This is the toughest championship run for me personally, for the circumstances of just being in here,” he said after he finished practice Monday in a Disney World convention center ballroom.

“What’s different is this environment. I’m not home with my family. Not in my own bed. I’m not in our practice facility. I’m not preparing to be at Staples tomorrow with our fans. I’m not with a lot of things that’s essential to my everyday regimen. So that’s what’s different.”

Never thought I'd type this word!!  MEH!

He should spend a month in the mountains fighting the fires in Colorado.  The altitude will help his endurance, the work will improve his attitude.

1 minute ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

He should spend a month in the mountains fighting the fires in Colorado.  The altitude will help his endurance, the work will improve his attitude.

My son did that for 6 years.  When on a “roll” (a two-week deployment), they slept on the ground and couldn’t shower. Food was trucked or airlifted in. After two weeks of 16 hour days, they had a mandatory 48-hour stand down, then headed out again. 

Grueling to say the least. in doubt Lebron would last 2 days

I think it’s great that sports are not the center of everyone’s attention due to CoVid. Maybe people will pay more attention to what is really going on. But it’s kind of hard when the media’s only goal is treasonous. 

Could NEVER be a US Marine...

When he called Trump, "The bum in the white house" that did it for me. He did help the Cleveland Cavaliers get a Championship and that was great but I'm not a basketball fan so it really didn't mean all that much to me, even though it helped the city. I live in a suburb of Cleveland.

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

89910140_10221388193604778_3526295963947761664_n (3).jpg

89910140_10221388193604778_3526295963947761664_n (3).jpg

They always have been more important. It's just easier to see now that the true nature of that second group of self-entitled cry babies is on public display more often.

Archived