Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Son of the Midnight Star

What if I don't have a shotgun belt

Recommended Posts

You can put the shells in one of your pockets.  If it is a monthly match you can ask if they will allow you to stage your shotgun shells on the table.  They will probably say yes, especially for a new shooter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Talk with the match director beforehand and I am sure they will allow you to stage shells or loan you a shotshell belt.

Edited by July Smith
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Order a couple of shotgun slides to go onto your regular gun belt.  Several vendors usually have them in stock for quick delivery.  You should have no problem getting some by May.  I got mine from Springfield Slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What size belt do you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

Borrow a belt. I’d loan you mine.

 

I've done this a few times.  Folks are typically really nice about lending gear to new shooters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

What size belt do you need?

I wear a 47" gun belt 40" jeans 

Corn feed as I say, :D well that and beer. what the hell happened to being the skinny kid 130 pound and a 29 inch waist?

Edited by Son of the Midnight Star
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd send you one of mine, but it'd take two of 'em to fit around you.  Just borrow one and you'll do fine.  Good Luck, Hoss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I'd send you one of mine, but it'd take two of 'em to fit around you.  Just borrow one and you'll do fine.  Good Luck, Hoss.

I appreciate the thought Sir. Yeah I'll just stage or borrow a belt first time out. 

Sliders would not be bad either. I can stick those on my dangerous game belt just slide the 458 Lott slider off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact someone at the club you're going to be shooting at, chances are they can help you line up a loaner belt or slides to fit on your gunbelt.  Might even wind up finding a good deal on a used belt if folks know you are looking.

 

Have fun!

 

Grizz

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:

I wear a 47" gun belt 40" jeans 

Corn feed as I say, :D well that and beer. what the hell happened to being the skinny kid 130 pound and a 29 inch waist?

I don't know - but it's a very popular malady .....:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
4 hours ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:

I wear a 47" gun belt 40" jeans 

Corn feed as I say, :D well that and beer. what the hell happened to being the skinny kid 130 pound and a 29 inch waist?

 You woke up from your dream.  :P :FlagAm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Texas jack Black SASS#9362 said:

 You woke up from your dream.  :P :FlagAm:

 

 

Almost. I woke up from my nightmare. Got married and divorced Tends to put on some pounds. and i'm not into robing rabbits for lunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wear a vest you can stuff 'em in your pockets. Not the quickest way to retrieve shells but legal for SASS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:


Corn feed as I say, :D well that and beer. what the hell happened to being the skinny kid 130 pound and a 29 inch waist?

Sorry. That's me...…...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just had a new shooter stage his shells. It's no advantage and he got to shoot. No big deal. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pondering making a slider that could clip on to a vest pocket.  Would this be legal as long as the pocket was near navel height?  Not sure if it's practical but I'd be happy to avoid the extra belt and keep them off my gun belt (belly may block them on my belt haha).  Is this failure waiting to happen?  I haven't made it past the "hmm, I wonder" phase...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Half Deaf Hoss Deveraux said:

I've been pondering making a slider that could clip on to a vest pocket.  Would this be legal as long as the pocket was near navel height?  Not sure if it's practical but I'd be happy to avoid the extra belt and keep them off my gun belt (belly may block them on my belt haha).  Is this failure waiting to happen?  I haven't made it past the "hmm, I wonder" phase...

I think the only place legal for a slider is on a belt around your middle. I suppose it could also be on a bandoleer. But no, not clipped to a pocket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Half Deaf Hoss Deveraux said:

I've been pondering making a slider that could clip on to a vest pocket.  Would this be legal as long as the pocket was near navel height?  Not sure if it's practical but I'd be happy to avoid the extra belt and keep them off my gun belt (belly may block them on my belt haha).  Is this failure waiting to happen?  I haven't made it past the "hmm, I wonder" phase...

Yeah rounds in a pocket need to be loose. No loops or boxes or anything like that. 

Sliders have to be on a belt. Belt has to be properly positioned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 12:10 PM, Son of the Midnight Star said:

I appreciate the thought Sir. Yeah I'll just stage or borrow a belt first time out. 

Sliders would not be bad either. I can stick those on my dangerous game belt just slide the 458 Lott slider off

Well SOTMS (you really should consider shortening up the moniker should you decide to make the jump into CAS) I’ll help you out if you want but when we’re in a gunfight and I call out “Hey, Son Of The Midnight Star you take the left flank” we’re probably already dead anyway , ,getting back on point, I think I have a SG belt that would work and would donate it to the cause.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you were the one that said you'd just call me midnight. and I sure will go with that. As for the belt. I do appreciate that I really do. But a Pard here Springfield slim hit me up and has agreed to make me a belt for a good price. My uncle (also a Sass member) has talked me into just going an watching and helping at a match to get a feel for it so i think thats what i'm going to do come may. But Sir I really do appreciate the offer I really do thank you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i think local match will allow it , will not be an advantage but its not the worst way to go - my belt would fit you , its way good on my 32" waiste cause if i use it i have to wear it above my gunbelt but i have slides - they work well , 

Edited by watab kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Well SOTMS (you really should consider shortening up the moniker should you decide to make the jump into CAS) I’ll help you out if you want but when we’re in a gunfight and I call out “Hey, Son Of The Midnight Star you take the left flank” we’re probably already dead anyway , .

Or at least change the (the) to an (A)

Edited by Major B. S. Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Son of the morning Star = Custer

 

Not sure on the midnight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Son of the morning Star = Custer

 

Not sure on the midnight...

Yeah it's a long winded name for sure. 
the Midnight star was the saloon in Silverado. Well My Mother was a Bar Wench. I like the movie so Son of the Midnight star. I think I'm just going to shorten it up to Midnight though. Unless I can think of something better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I usually don't use a belt for my shotshells.   I put them loose in a big pouch with a flap closure that I leave open.

 

What kind of pouch do you use?

 

The slide that I am using works for the time being but a decent pouch that can hold a few "insurance shells" would be a nice addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Son of the Midnight Star said:

Yeah it's a long winded name for sure. 
the Midnight star was the saloon in Silverado. Well My Mother was a Bar Wench. I like the movie so Son of the Midnight star. I think I'm just going to shorten it up to Midnight though. Unless I can think of something better

How about Illegitimate Son Of A Bar Wench? :P Sounds more outlawish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

How about Illegitimate Son Of A Bar Wench? :P Sounds more outlawish.


Now we're getting really long winded. :lol:  But how'd you guess I was a B'tard? mom and dad didn't get hitched till I was 10. :D

Edited by Son of the Midnight Star
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.