SASS Wire Forum

Do Y’all Play Video Games?

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Nope.

Fricken hate video games... Keeps people out of the real world.

Phantom

Did ya watch the video?  

4 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Would that change my philosophy on video games?

:lol:

Maybe not... but it’d insure you got the punchline... ;)

My son has it but I haven't tried it yet. Never got into video games, too busy with my motorcycles and guns in real life. I do enjoy some of his older games on Atari and Sega, but the new ones are "too realistic" to me. Would rather just use the real thing.

1 minute ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Nice VR though! ;)

I sure am glad ya watched the video.  :)  I was thinkin’ to myself “Jed, you really didn’t title this topic very well”.... 

Y’all, have to watch the video... 

Now I’m thinkin’ to myself “a joke ain’t funny if you’ve got to explain it...”. 

2 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

JIK-Great video:excl:

Kinda figured you'd throw a 4-1 day at us. :lol:

OLG

Well, rest assured OLG I’ll do better, at least with my Topic Title, next time around.  :D  But, I asked the question... :blink:

Yup, video games, board games, card games, and of course shooting games.

Dark orbit is the primary video game/ MMORPG I play. It's online, real time with lots of interactive play, PvP, questing, team play, etc.

I also have my motorcycles, guns and Jeep...

2 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Yup, video games, board games, card games, and of course shooting games.

Dark orbit is the primary video game/ MMORPG I play. It's online, real time with lots of interactive play, PvP, questing, team play, etc.

I also have my motorcycles, guns and Jeep...

When it comes to video games, I’ve always been a Nintendo guy.  And, I also enjoy board games and card games!  

And, I have to admit, RDR2 really intrigues me... I just don’t know that I could dedicate the time to it...

I've been playing first person shooter games since Wolfenstein came out back in the early 90s.  I'm currently playing the newest version of Call of Duty, online against other people only, never against the computer, too boring and predictable.  I put in a solid hour or so a week then it gets old and I either shoot or fish.

Your video was a crack up. It was extreamly funny. I hope everyone watches the video, It was a great April fools day program. Placing your self as the shooter was very innovative and funny. You did good. I found many years ago some people will not "GET IT". Keep up the good work on your videos.

I had a good laugh.

1988 Mario Bros. Awesome. 

Early '90s, Doom and the Quake series. Mostest awesome. 

I stay away from video games AND golf now. Too addictive.  Waaaaay too addictive.  ^_^

Good video! I enjoy all your stuff, Jed I. 

21 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Nope.

Phantom

The real world? Is that the place where people dress up like cowboys and talk about it on Internet forums?

22 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

The real world? Is that the place where people dress up like cowboys and talk about it on Internet forums?

Okay...should have also said i hate the fricken interweb too...but unfortunately I fall prey to it.

Jed I, another great video. I had to show it to my son and he was cracking up. He kept saying "look daddy, this guy is playing a video game, but he's shooting for real. That's s funny!"

4 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

Jed I, another great video. I had to show it to my son and he was cracking up. He kept saying "look daddy, this guy is playing a video game, but he's shooting for real. That's s funny!"

YIPPIE, He gets it!!!

23 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

My son has it but I haven't tried it yet. Never got into video games, too busy with my motorcycles and guns in real life. I do enjoy some of his older games on Atari and Sega, but the new ones are "too realistic" to me. Would rather just use the real thing.

If I play this game, I am going to team up with your boy. I'll need protection from the other 14 year old kids, and nothing is more dangerous in games than a 14 year old boy.

Jed,  I think the game creators for Red Dead need you to add this VR skill of yours into Red Dead III

GPG

14 hours ago, Just Bill SASS# 16394 said:

Your video was a crack up. It was extreamly funny. I hope everyone watches the video, It was a great April fools day program. Placing your self as the shooter was very innovative and funny. You did good. I found many years ago some people will not "GET IT". Keep up the good work on your videos.

I had a good laugh.

Thanks Bill.  

8 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

1988 Mario Bros. Awesome.

... ...

Good video! I enjoy all your stuff, Jed I. 

I still enjoy a little Mario... (Mario Kart, Mario Party) and Zelda too...

3 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

I should have videoed my sidekick, Logan (14 years old) when he watched this episode.  He was cracking up and saying things like “that’s not even the right button to shot!” and “I can tell the game isn’t even on because of the color of the controller”.  It really was almost as funny watching him (okay, MAYBE funnier) than it was watching the episode.  

It does make me happy that folks got and enjoyed the joke.  

31 minutes ago, GPG said:

Jed,  I think the game creators for Red Dead need you to add this VR skill of yours into Red Dead III

GPG

Now, that’d be a dream come true!!

26 minutes ago, Snake-eye, SASS#45097 said:

Here is one I played before I found out about CAS. 

IMG_0906.JPG

That was a good one! I played through the demo of it back in the day and liked it. Its Star Wars themed cousin, Dark Forces, was one of my all time favorites. The Fallout series was great as well. 

If I were still playing video games, I think RDR2 would be up my alley. 

Rad!  And you didn't even have to go into dead eye mode!  Don't forget to clean your guns or they'll do less damage. 

I love that game.  Well, except for the self defense mechanics.  Group of hombre's throw a gun on me and I put them all down.  Next thing ya know I have the law after me for murder and I have to pay a bounty.  That just ain't right...

Nice, went out and bought it for Cody James before I got to the end.  All we need is one more video game in this house:angry:.  Thanks Jed I!

23 hours ago, Snake-eye, SASS#45097 said:

Here is one I played before I found out about CAS. 

I’ve heard of “Outlaws” but never played it.  It does look fun!

22 hours ago, Half Deaf Hoss Deveraux said:

Rad!  And you didn't even have to go into dead eye mode!  Don't forget to clean your guns or they'll do less damage. 

I love that game.  Well, except for the self defense mechanics.  Group of hombre's throw a gun on me and I put them all down.  Next thing ya know I have the law after me for murder and I have to pay a bounty.  That just ain't right...

If I’d used the “dead eye” mode I might not have missed that one ;). And, yeah, cleanin’ guns is a must (virtually or not!). 

13 hours ago, Kirk James said:

Nice, went out and bought it for Cody James before I got to the end.  All we need is one more video game in this house:angry:.  Thanks Jed I!

I get blamed for everything :P  

:D

On 4/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Nope.

Phantom

It pains me to agree with the Phantom.  

I didn't open this topic because I'm not interested in video games.  But I pulled it up this afternoon when I'd ran out of other places to troll and found it a spoof so watched the video.  Yeah, pretty clever.  I figure you'll get some hate messages from the gamers.  

Archived