SASS Wire Forum

My dream rifle

Boomstick Bruce

When I started CAS, all I wanted was nickel plated or stainless guns. Well money didn't quite get me there so I shot what I had. A Stevens 311, blued Rossi 92 saddle ring carbine and a pair of 5.5" blued 58's with drop in conversion cylinders. First thing I replaced was the pietta Remingtons, I bought a pair of stainless Ubertis which last Christmas I converted with gated Kirst conversions and ejectors. Then I bought a single trigger Stevens 315 but it's not stainless or nickel. 

Well this year I got myself the rifle I've wanted for Christmas, a Rossi 92 saddle ring carbine in stainless! The seller told me it's one of only 2000 made as a test run in '74. (Anyone know if there is any truth to that claim?) I was born in'74!!! Also, I don't think it was ever fired, when I took it apart to clean it there was what looked like cosmolene caked in it. The lifter doesn't have a single brass mark on it and there was no residue anywhere in the bolt! The metal is beautiful and the wood sheans like tigers eye!

Now she just needs a name...

IMG_20181229_121123.jpg

IMG_20181228_112104.jpg

IMG_20181228_112034.jpg

2 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

When I started CAS, all I wanted was nickel plated or stainless guns. Well money didn't quite get me there so I shot what I had. A Stevens 311, blued Rossi 92 saddle ring carbine and a pair of 5.5" blued 58's with drop in conversion cylinders. First thing I replaced was the pietta Remingtons, I bought a pair of stainless Ubertis which last Christmas I converted with gated Kirst conversions and ejectors. Then I bought a single trigger Stevens 315 but it's not stainless or nickel. 

Well this year I got the rifle I've wanted for Christmas, a Rossi 92 saddle ring carbine in stainless! The seller told me it's one of only 2000 made as a test run in '74. (Anyone know if there is any truth to that claim?) I was born in'74!!! Also, I don't think it was ever fired, when I took it apart to clean it there was what looked like cosmolene caked in it. The lifter doesn't have a single brass mark on it and there was no residue anywhere in the bolt! The metal is beautiful and the wood sheans like tigers eye!

Now she just needs a name...

IMG_20181229_121123.jpg

IMG_20181228_112104.jpg

IMG_20181228_112034.jpg

Sunshine!

Nice. I have a pre safety Rossi 92 in 38/357 that I like very much. I am less enthused about my newer production 92 in 45 colt. For what it's worth we have a Silver Wyandotte we named "HiHo" :D

13 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

How about UGLY ....

Or Naked ....

Blued guns are Sexy ....

Jabez Cowboy

In the words of my fiance, "everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's just yours is wrong."

B)

Boomstick Bruce ;

And I'm sure she is never wrong ,,,,,,,,,, Right

When a woman tells you that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's running shoe time ....

Fast and Far away .....

Jabez Cowboy

11 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

call mine:

rifle

shotgun

revolver

other revolver

That’s what I do. Named my pistol colt and my second pistol the other colt

My Open-Tops are Named Buck and Boom and We shoot Full case loads of Goex 3F under 220 gr. bullets in .44 spl. cases ....

This might eXplain  Their Names ...

Jabez Cowboy

15 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

My Open-Tops are Named Buck and Boom and We shoot Full case loads of Goex 3F under 220 gr. bullets in .44 spl. cases ....

Jabez Cowboy

Oh yeah? Well real men shoot full cases of 45 colt with 250 grain bullets. Hehe couldn’t resist participated in a “mine is bigger” contest

15 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Jabez Cowboy

16 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

Oh yeah? Well real men shoot full cases of 45 colt with 250 grain bullets. Hehe couldn’t resist participated in a “mine is bigger” contest

And then there are those men who don't feel any need to overcome inadequacies by bragging about the size of their suppositories and shoot cap guns.  :P

2 hours ago, Griff said:

And then there are those men who don't feel any need to overcome inadequacies by bragging about the size of their suppositories and shoot cap guns.  :P

That’s when I bust out the walker

Redwood Kid ;

First off my loads in .45 Colt consist of 37.7 Grains of Goex 3F under a 270 gr. RNFP ....

Secondly these loads Will Destroy an Open-Top in less than 300 Rounds and that is one reason they are in .44 spl.

My SAA's are in .45 Colt ...

Come on up and Shoot with Us here in Canada ,,,, 2019 is a great year to do so ....

Jabez Cowboy

Ida Mae,,,,,, I da may shoot her...

my first rifle was a 73 carbine,,, Indian Scout Commemorative   still have it,,,,  have ss vaqueros and a nickle 97 too, had a nickle sxs too

Well, considering you fellers are talking about BIG guns and BIG loads, don't leave out

my Warthog .32 Rugers and .32 Marlin..... :lol:

P.S. - I save my BIG guns for Jurassic Groundhogs and Pterodactyl Crows..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Archived