SASS Wire Forum

Cats May Cause Mental Illness

Found the attached article.

Best we keep a close eye on those who are diehard cat lovers. :ph34r::P

5a9a9eff087a3_CrazyCatMouse.jpg.9a2d3fe7c3064320c3983368e88d2139.jpg

5a9a9ec2bd4ec_OwningaCatPart1.thumb.JPG.8af172e4638a273e8347c0b9d7a7a6b2.JPG

5a9a9ecfaa08a_OwningaCatPart2.JPG.4973c42a19f36f55c9f38dc0abec0312.JPG

Owning A Cat Might Cause Mental Illness.docx

Great... I knew there was a reason I like dogs. After all these years, I suppose it's too late to throw the cats out, though.

Sorry, poor research.

From Wikipedia:

Up to half of the world's population is infected by toxoplasmosis but have no symptoms.[7] In the United States about 23% are affected[10]and in some areas of the world this is up to 95%.[3] About 200,000 cases of congenital toxoplasmosis occur a year.[6] Charles Nicolleand Louis Manceaux first described the organism in 1908.[11] In 1941 transmission during pregnancy from a mother to a child was confirmed.”

If toxoplasmosis causes insanity there would be a lot more crazies than there are.  Even if I did not have a cat.

2 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Sorry, poor research.

From Wikipedia:

Up to half of the world's population is infected by toxoplasmosis but have no symptoms.[7] In the United States about 23% are affected[10]and in some areas of the world this is up to 95%.[3] About 200,000 cases of congenital toxoplasmosis occur a year.[6] Charles Nicolleand Louis Manceaux first described the organism in 1908.[11] In 1941 transmission during pregnancy from a mother to a child was confirmed.”

If toxoplasmosis causes insanity there would be a lot more crazies than there are.  Even if I did not have a cat.

So, your saying there’s no excuse for your craziness. :)

13 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

So, your saying there’s no excuse for your craziness. :)

Excuse?? I worked hard to be nuts...the cat doesn’t deserve any credit at all!  :blink:

3 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

If toxoplasmosis causes insanity there would be a lot more crazies than there are.  Even if I did not have a cat

Now hold up a sec...how do we know? If everyone’s crazy then they all think it’s normal so the normal ones are the ones that appear crazy! 

Going by the numbers of those infected throughout the world it would stand to reason the majority of folks are, in fact, crazy!  :D

That might explain the total nuttiness of people these days...this and cell phones have made people nuts! :lol:

It’s either that or WE are all crazy and they are normal so...never mind...:P

"If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane." Jimmy Buffet

22 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I love cats, especially little kittens.  They fit good in a biscuit.

+1  and they are especially tasty with Green Peppers and Onions over rice.

STL Suomi

Archived