SASS Wire Forum

Syria in the crosshairs.

Leaked tapes of conversation of Trump and the President of China last night:

Trump:  Excuse me Mr. President, I need to go launch a few Tomahawks on Syria.  Be right back.  
Trump leaves the table.
Five minuets pass.
Trump returns.
Trump:  Now Mr. President, where were we?  Oh yes, I remember.  About that Crazy little bastard in North Korea.

I do believe that Trump sent a message not only to Assad, but to a few others too.

President Trump (wow that sound better than the last 8 years) didn't even draw a line in the sand first. And didn't tell the poor Syrians what we were going to do first so they could hide all their planes. Now is that anyway to fight a war??? DARN RIGHT IT IS!!!

57 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

At the beep, fire 59 missiles........

Actually 60, one fizzled out and landed in the ocean.  A Russian frigate (I'd like to tell them to...uh, frigate) is reported to be enroute to the vicinity of the two DD's that launched the Tommies!  Could be interesting! Stay tuned! But at least we have a CINC who speaks softly (?) and carries some big Tomahawks! (Did I just hear a ghostly, "Bully! Bully" from TR's gravesite? :unsure::) )

One Russian frigate is a gesture.  Now, 24 Russian frigates might be cause for concern, but not one.

And I have a hunch there are some screws turning really deep down in that area too...

;)

Just watched Ambassador Nikki Haley addressing the UN; man, she pulls no punches.  She forced a public session, despite Bolivia's attempt to go into closed session; she told them that any country that wants to defend Assad's war crimes was going to have to do so in public (Bam!)

She stated that the Russians were either complicit, incompetent or "played for fools" by the Syrian regime; (Slam!)

I can see Putin tossing his borscht at the tube while he watches that one....

It's about time that we used the UN for our best interests, and stopped dancing with the diplomats.  If we are going to pick up the tab, we need to let the world see what a bunch of two-faced worms these guys are.

LL

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Is it on youtube yet?  I was on some neverending flight.

I don't know about YouTube. She was on the news channel when I saw her talk.

ED: Just checked YouTube and didn't see any postings.

3 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

One Russian frigate is a gesture.  Now, 24 Russian frigates might be cause for concern, but not one.

And I have a hunch there are some screws turning really deep down in that area too...

;)

Run silent, run deep! Rig for silent running! Battle stations, torpedo! (And I believe some of the latest class of "boats" don't even have screws! :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Is it on youtube yet?  I was on some neverending flight.

Here is some of it:

I think this whole thing is more about telling the world that there is a new sheriff in town than about Assad killing his own people with WMDs.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:24 PM, Trailrider #896 said:

Actually 60, one fizzled out and landed in the ocean.  A Russian frigate (I'd like to tell them to...uh, frigate) is reported to be enroute to the vicinity of the two DD's that launched the Tommies!  Could be interesting! Stay tuned! But at least we have a CINC who speaks softly (?) and carries some big Tomahawks! (Did I just hear a ghostly, "Bully! Bully" from TR's gravesite? :unsure::) )

Look at the pic of the frigate! Good job MSN! Can't tell a carrier from a frigate.

idiots.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/russian-warship-moves-toward-us-navy-ships-that-launched-syria-strikes/ar-BBzxusM?ocid=mailsignout

6 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Look at the pic of the frigate! Good job MSN! Can't tell a carrier from a frigate.

idiots.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/russian-warship-moves-toward-us-navy-ships-that-launched-syria-strikes/ar-BBzxusM?ocid=mailsignout

Calling them idiots is a insult to idiots across the globe.  This is journalism and editing of the lowest possible order.

Did a little searching and the ship in the link is actually the USS Gearld Ford taken as a screen grab from a youtube video of it while still under construction.

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-the-us-new-13-billion-warship-2015-6

Archived