SASS Wire Forum

How many presses do you have?

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go Grizz!!!

Just one thing though, you gotta promise to not whup up on me to bad!!!

Princess sends her respect on a good choice and wishes you well.

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Dillon Square Deal, MEC 9000G, Lyman T-Mag. Wish I had the Dillon 650

Well, new press is gonna have to wait, just pulled the trigger on a nice SKB 200e from Johnny Meadows.

The new toy won out over the tool. Good choice ! :lol:

My main press is a 650 currently set up in 45 for classic cowboy I also have 2 mec jrs. One for BP, and one for smokeless. I have a lee single stage for load development, a Redding turret press set up for 44-40 BP, and 45-70 for plainsman.

Also currently at my house is a SDB set up for 38 when I shoot gunfighter, and an sl900 a friend loaned me when he left for the summer

Two 550's, Rockchucker, Ammomaster for .50 BMG, Lee basic C press, 2 MEC Jr's in .410 and 28 ga, 6 Lee Load-Alls, a home made set up for 10g brass shotshells, and 3 Lyman 450 lubrisizers.

Just a few of comments.

1. Now I know how MEC, Dillon, RCBS, Hornady, PW, Redding, Lee etc stay in business.

2. God bless the Second Amendment and those who defend it on the battlefield and on the ballot.

3. As for me, Hornady LNL AP and a Ponsness Warren.

Dillon 650 for most of my loading for cowboy and reenacting blanks

MEC 9000H for 12 ga. Skeet and trap loads

MEC Grabber with Automate for 410 Skeet shells

MEC Case conditioner for little corrections of shot shells

Lyman Mag T turret press for working up loads

An extra 9000E just in case my 9000 Hydraulic press breaks down.

MEC Sizemaster for Shotgun blanks and load work up.

Here are some of them.

shelving.jpg

I have 10, I reckon.

1 - RCBS RS Single Stage that I got for Christmas in 1979.

1 - Lee Breechlock Challenger Single Stage.

I use these with Universal Decapping Dies when processing/cleaning brass, I try to dragoon my wife and kid into helping with that part and they usually do since they shoot a bunch of my ammo. I also use these presses for load development, hunting ammo, precision ammo and such.

1 - Lee Classic Turret used for established loads for small or moderate volume.

3 - Lee Loadmasters: 1 small primer pretty much stays set up for .38 Special. 1 large primer used mostly for .45 ACP and .44 Special. 1 small rifle set up to load .223, mostly M193, and easily switched over to .30 Carbine.

1 - Lee Pro 1000 used for 9mm and .40.

For my Turret and my progressives, each caliber that I load on them has a fully set up turret to include an AutoDisk or an AutoDrum. That way I can change easily and quickly. I can just switch the turret and shell plate and go.

3 - MEC Grabbers: .410, 20 Gauge, and 12 Gauge.

1 - Lee Loadall II that I started off loading shotgun with.

650 Dillon for Cowboy, 550 Dillon for back-up Cowboy, 900 Dillon for Cowboy, RCBS RC 4 for hunting cart and RCBS Jr from college years mainly used for priming

Right now I just have one. A 25 year old well used Dillon RL1050. Through the years I have had a couple of Lee's, 2 different 550's, a couple of different MEC's and an ancient Herters single station press.

I remember as a young man having just bought the used Herters press asking a seasoned handgunner how to become a good pistol shot. I still remember his words, "Boy get yourself an 8 lb keg of Bullseye. When that is gone come and see me." :)

I use two Dillon RL 550's for my higher volume ammunition, 45 Colt, 44-40, 45 ACP, .223. One on strong mount and one mounted to bench. I actually like the bench mounted one better. I have to stand to get a better view on the high mount machine. I kept my Rock Chucker and it comes in handy for the 45-70 and 38-55 and other large rifle cartriges. I kept my 12 ga MEC 9000G for loading black powder, and use the Spolar for all my smokeless CAS 12 ga and clay target round in 12, 20, 28 and .410.

deeae9cb9d91b7a9aaf87ecc881d7e59.jpg

My Diilon 550 has dedicated heads for .38, .40, .45 acp, jand.45 Colt. I have a Lee Challenger and 2 Lee C type presses for small batches of .32, .380, 30-30, .223 and 45/70. I size with Challenger and use the others for the powder drop, seating and crimping.

I use Lee Load-Alls for 12 and 20 gauge and a Mec for 410s.

I tried a SDB but my fingers were too big.

well, after winning another 650 at Guns of August,,(two years in a row) I now have 3 650s, a 9000 mec and a lee 3 hole, plus a RCBS single stage...

still don't know what all the moaning was about when the called my name again this year!!! hehe

Archived