SASS Wire Forum

Sure Hit Sights - glue?

The Wichita Southpaw

I recently traded for a new set SAA's and I like SH sights on my revolvers. So when the came in the mail the little 5cent tube of glue was spilled all over the inside of the package and not even enough was left to attach the sights. I bitched at Sure Hit and they promised to send a replacement tube but surprise, no glue and I don't really expect them to make good. Company told me not to use superglue, any recommendations or ideas?

I recently traded for a new set SAA's and I like SH sights on my revolvers. So when the came in the mail the little 5cent tube of glue was spilled all over the inside of the package and not even enough was left to attach the sights. I bitched at Sure Hit and they promised to send a replacement tube but surprise, no glue and I don't really expect them to make good. Company told me not to use superglue, any recommendations or ideas?

Contact Slick again.

It must have slipped past him.

As he is very good about taking care of his customers.

Not like him to not to. Contact him again. I am sure he will take care of you.

As Anvil Al stated, call Slick again. He could have sent it and got lost in the mail. Heck, he could have forgot.... but that ain't like him.

I order 'stuff' from him all the time from sites, springs, extractors, firing pins, etc....

and I receive everything in a timely manner.

..........Widder

I bought two for my rifles and neither came with glue....used my own adhesive

I bought the sights from Longhunter and glue was not included. I called Longhunter and I was told to use superglue.

If you want Slick's glue..

Recontact him... He's a stand up guy and vendor..

I have them on about 4 different sets..

I put one set over the gold plated front sights on Lacey's pistols...

Slick's Sure Hit sights all brass... doesn't wear off...

I put another set on a set of Rugers that I had to readjust the POA on..

I'd taken' them down too far...

He'll take care of his customers..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I used super glue gel on one set...

What BS. Did you TALK to Slick? There isn't a more stand up guy in CAS. Before slamming one of the finest company's in CAS, which is against forum rules, you should do a little homework and CALL him.

I don't believe the rifle sights come with adhesive?? They are supposed to slip on and stay? But glue or Jb weld would be a good idea.

Pistol sights come with adhesive.

Regards,

Ringer

What BS. Did you TALK to Slick? There isn't a more stand up guy in CAS. Before slamming one of the finest company's in CAS, which is against forum rules, you should do a little homework and CALL him.

+1,000

Thank you, Larsen. WSP, Irresponsible trash talk only makes you look like a fool. The man is first class, with an spotless reputation.

This weekend is the Louisiana State match and I would suspect that Slick is busier than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

I have his sights on all my guns and have been quite happy with the customer service.

One thing to keep in mind with cottage businesses like this is that folks also have a real job and a real life and returning emails can sometimes take a bit longer than we as the customer would like. It's worth the wait to me not only for the product but also to support a vendor who supports this game, and I hate to wait.

Grizz

As stated in another post.

Rifle sights don't use glue.

The glue is for the pistol sights.

And the "glue" is a specially formulated epoxy made just for those sights.

Regular epoxy will not reliably stand up to the constant vibrations.

Yea +10,000.....

SLICK is the best!

I know for a fact if you talked to him you would get the glue.

It might be early next week since he has been getting his range in shape to host the State SASS match all this week.

Wit 100+ shooters and all of that work going on I'm sure he has been swamped.

Be patient you will get what is needed.

I didn't use "glue" but if I didn't use some kind of adhesive...then they would fall off.

Yep...Slick is hosting the LA state match this weekend so he's been up to his a$$ in alligators. He is a stand up guy and will make it good.

Kajun

Thank you, Larsen. WSP, Irresponsible trash talk only makes you look like a fool. The man is first class, with an spotless reputation.

Like I said in the original post, I called. Maybe I was out of line but it's a little frustrating to spend $80 on a product and have it arrive covered in a nickle's worth of glue. And Goody, I'm a fool? I'm constantly amazed by what people will say on the internet that they would never consider saying to a person's face.

Like I said in the original post, I called. Maybe I was out of line but it's a little frustrating to spend $80 on a product and have it arrive covered in a nickle's worth of glue. And Goody, I'm a fool? I'm constantly amazed by what people will say on the internet that they would never consider saying to a person's face.

No where in your original post does it say you called.

I can understand being disappointed receiving some new sights in the mail with the glue being spilled on them.

BUT, was it necessary to 'bitch' to 'the company' over something probably caused by the 'carrier'?

And as in most cases, a follow up call to SLICK would have been more than sufficient to let him know that the extra glue had not arrived and you just wanted to make sure it hadn't been overlooked.

But was all this really necessary to post on the Wire as though you had major complaint against Slick, because Slick IS 'Sure Hit Sight Co'.

And if the truth be known, it probably all boils down to the carrier (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc..).

..........Widder

I didn't use "glue" but if I didn't use some kind of adhesive...then they would fall off.

Have them on 3 rifles.

And have put them of many rifles for many other shooters.

Never have had to use glue. And have never had one come off or even be lose.

But you can always put a drop of glue on there is you feel the need.

But most times. Not needed.

Have had them on my main match rifle for YEARS. And it takes a beating.

Still as tight as the day I put it on.

I needed something that would fill a gap, so I used JB Wield to install the sights on my Rugers.

Snakebite

All right. No real harm done.

WST, just send everything back and ask for clean sets of sights with the adhesive paks checked out so they're not leaking.

The sun will come out tomorrow.

:-)

I will and I apologize. I shouldn't have been so quick to jump on the vendor. He must be one hell of a guy running a great company to have so many staunch defenders and good friends on here!

I will and I apologize. I shouldn't have been so quick to jump on the vendor. He must be one hell of a guy running a great company to have so many staunch defenders and good friends on here!

He is.

And this is just a side gig.

He is a Law Enforcement Officer in real life.

Either it was shipped and lost. Or it just flat slipped through the cracks.

Which can happen when you are running a side job. A real job. Running a range and putting together

a State Championship match (which is this weekend) all at the same time.

Thank you for the apology. As you get more used to the group you'll find we are very protective of our own. And Slick is one the good ones, the really good ones. I bet you turn out that way , too. :D

I've never had the opportunity to buy anything from Slick but based on the short time I've had to visit with the man over the years, he's a pard to ride the river with. I'm sure he'd jump through the eye of a needle to make sure that your purchase was exactly as you'd expect it to be, WSP.

Archived