SASS Wire Forum

Moulton Lead closed

It's probably old news to you guys but I just found out myself. I've been buying from them for many years so I really don't know who else is out there. Can you recommend another company to buy my lead from?

I buy my bullets from Clarks Bullets by Scarlett, website is http://www.clarksbullets.com/. Where ever you buy bullets from if you have to get them shipped that is going to add to your bullet costs. If you can find a local bullet maker where you can pick them up you'd save money....lead is heavy!! If you don't have a local supplier then by all means find a cowboy that makes bullets and help support the sport. Scarlett Darlin' and her husband are cowboy shooters and sponsor at several matches around me so I support them. There are a lot of cowboy owned bullet companies out there who make quality bullets and will ship them to you.

Kajun

Here is a recent thread asking the same question: http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244509&hl=badman#entry3189932. Buy local if you can.

Darn!

I didn't know Moulton Lead closed. I suppose I should have realized it when I did not see him at the Great Nor'Easter this year.

Bummer, he was local.

BEAR CREEK SUPPLY

(dry, moly-coated lead bullets)

(209) 874-4322

19406 Yosemite Boulevard

Waterford, CA 95386

Talk to Steve....keep calling ever 20 min or so....he will answer

Yes Driftwood they were there - over the past few years Paul did not set up all weekend due to work, he would come on Saturday and drop off pre-orders or just sell out of his trailer.

I expect there are a few reasons why Paul & Joselyn finally retired from the bullet business but they should know how much we all will miss them.

They've been staples of the Northeast Cowboy community for many years, I figured when I saw Darksider's post that they had closed up.

We do still have local distributors available - Reloads N more - but will miss Paul & Joslyn's fine lead projectiles.

Happy Trails you two...

That makes two quality bullet makers out of the business in one year. It's a tough business, very competative and actually quite cut throat at times. Please support your local guys if possible. If not they won't be there next time you turn around.

Moulton made a 38 cal 147 gr TCFP with no crimp groove. Perfect bullet for the 73, as you could adjust overall length as needed. Anyone know of a bullet maker who makes the same item?

Moulton made a 38 cal 147 gr TCFP with no crimp groove. Perfect bullet for the 73, as you could adjust overall length as needed. Anyone know of a bullet maker who makes the same item?

That is a Magma mold that many bullet makers have.

I know the person that bought me out has it.

He should be up and running soon I would think.

I buy from Badman Bullets 'cause they're just across the state from me, and if I buy 1,000 bullets they don't charge shipping. They ship fast, too!

CheyCast is also very good - free shipping on $100 order. They also have coated bullets.

Archived