SASS Wire Forum

Prayers Needed For a The Repose of the Soul of a Friend - UPDATE

Subdeacon Joe

One of our dear friends from church, Paul, is in ICU. He had gone in for heart surgery, but today we found out "he has fluid in his lungs, and his kidneys are struggling to work. He's got a respirator, and is sedated. The doctors are very cautious."

So if you have it in you to send up prayers for someone you haven't met, could you please put in a word or two for him?

ADDED:

As you can see from the change in the title, Paul has fallen asleep in the lord. He reposed today, the following from our priest:

"Paul Byron Burch reposed today, just after noon. I am joyful that he reposed in the Lord, as we say, since in that we have the hope and promise of the resurrection.

I gave him Holy Communion on Monday, which he received sitting up, and after which we chatted, as he ate his tuna sandwich. His body began to fail, and organs shut down, very quickly, so that this morning, I was called to read the Prayers for the Departure of the Soul.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Prayers on the way

Prayers up, Joe.

Prayers for your friend.

Prayers for you...your friend and his loved ones during this time of loss....Jim

Standing up on my knees for the repose of Paul's soul, for comfort for his family and all who knew him!

Eonia i Mnimi

Nice touch, thank you.

And, thank all of the rest of you for your prayers and good wishes.

The Panikhida is this Sunday, and the funeral on Monday.

Maybe the saddest part - he was a master brewer. No, really. Lots of awards for it.

Ain't gonna be no one with some home brew to toast him at the meal after the funeral, and he always had some good stuff on hand for special occasions.

Archived