SASS Wire Forum

Seige at St. Augestine

T-Bone SASS #36388

only took me a half hour to notice it!!!!

now I use nutella!!!! tastier than pb and you can't tell if it dirty so you can still et it when you take the excess out of the gun!!

This here Wahr needs a "Like" button.....I'd press it about now!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been kinda drizzly here in "sunny" FL lately BUT temps have been fine in the 75-80 range.

Looking good for the Siege next week!!!

Waimea

I'll take 75-80 and drizzly any day over the deep freeze! Yep, long range forecast looks GOOD for the Siege. CC, save me summa that Nutella. And if I remember right, Doc Eells says it goes good with Crown. Course, he says anything goes good with Crown. :P

Well, I just got back from trying out some BP rounds I made up for the All Around Cowboy competition at The Siege. I know next to nothing about shooting smoky, but I know I need to lend some of these to Purdy Boy and Titus (and anyone else signed up for AAC)--never saw so much smoke. An interesting experience deciding whether to pull the trigger when you are pretty sure where the target is but can't actually see it. Hope to give those guys some competition, but I know this much--nobody will be asking to test my ammo. Would love to compete in Gunfighter but have to say that AAC certainly promises a heavy dose of the Fun Factor.

Well, I just got back from trying out some BP rounds I made up for the All Around Cowboy competition at The Siege. I know next to nothing about shooting smoky, but I know I need to lend some of these to Purdy Boy and Titus (and anyone else signed up for AAC)--never saw so much smoke. An interesting experience deciding whether to pull the trigger when you are pretty sure where the target is but can't actually see it. Hope to give those guys some competition, but I know this much--nobody will be asking to test my ammo. Would love to compete in Gunfighter but have to say that AAC certainly promises a heavy dose of the Fun Factor.

I just stepped in from the back yard myself. I was testing some 'special' ;) BP loads I made up for my 'buddy' T-Bone. Can't wait for this thing to get here.

And I'm also humbled by the number of pards we know between KC and Florida who've contacted us offering to buy us lunch, breakfast, etc. and put us up if we're passing thru their way. THIS IS THE BEST BUNCH OF FOLKS YER EVER GONNA MEET! :) But I got a feeling most of y'all already knew that.

I'm chomping at the bit too!!!!!! even been dryfiring the 97, been a while since I last used it....

oh it's gonna be a good time!!!!!!!

shame thar taint more brave manly men to shoot AAC!!!!

I'm right on schedule......broke my main match rifle and shotgun last weekend

Got to load some ammo

Got to iron my plackets and pack pants

Got a blister from new boots

............and the sun is in my eyes!

This time next week some of us will be shooting.

For others, the match will be half over. :o

Scary.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I'm right on schedule......broke my main match rifle and shotgun last weekend

Got to load some ammo

Got to iron my plackets and pack pants

Got a blister from new boots

............and the sun is in my eyes!

Well it seems our resident match director over at the River Bend Rough Riders here in Georgia, Cassalong Hopidy, didn't pay enough tribute to the rain gods so we are rained out for our normal monthly match there. And that was where I was going to perfect all my imperfections this weekend prior going to the Siege, so if I lose any time due to imperfections at the Siege I'm gonna blame it on Hopidy. Hey Wyatt, did I miss any other possible excuses....I see where you covered yours :D :D

Waimea....won't be long till the Best Western posse starts showing up. I'll be out at the range pretty early...gonna shoot the BP and WB side matches on Thurs. Looking forward to seeing all the rowdy folks....and you too Purdy Boy :lol::ph34r: ....out at the Siege. It's gonna be a goodern' again this year.

We're gonna laissiez les bon temps rouler ya'll,

Kajun

Well it seems our resident match director over at the River Bend Rough Riders here in Georgia, Cassalong Hopidy, didn't pay enough tribute to the rain gods so we are rained out for our normal monthly match there. And that was where I was going to perfect all my imperfections this weekend prior going to the Siege, so if I lose any time due to imperfections at the Siege I'm gonna blame it on Hopidy. Hey Wyatt, did I miss any other possible excuses....I see where you covered yours :D :D

Waimea....won't be long till the Best Western posse starts showing up. I'll be out at the range pretty early...gonna shoot the BP and WB side matches on Thurs. Looking forward to seeing all the rowdy folks....and you too Purdy Boy :lol::ph34r: ....out at the Siege. It's gonna be a goodern' again this year.

We're gonna laissiez les bon temps rouler ya'll,

Kajun

I ll be at the BW Kajun, and have some special concoction that will remove all your imperfections --as long as you keep drinking it.

get to warm up both days this weekend!!!! braking out the 97!!! hope it dunt brake tuu!!! but then I know how to run mine!! har!!!

Been having some feeding probs with my main match '97 so Goosie might just get the nod again this year.

Earp is making me up some of his "special" no kick SG shells.

Main match rifle has been down graded to backup and one of my 51's has been dragging so it's gonna be a fun time at the Crab Shack.

As my pal Purdy Boy has pointed out: Anything can happen on any given day.

I'm counting on it.

Waimea

me and my hairy legs are ready to go!!!!

Been having some feeding probs with my main match '97 so Goosie might just get the nod again this year.

Earp is making me up some of his "special" no kick SG shells.

Main match rifle has been down graded to backup and one of my 51's has been dragging so it's gonna be a fun time at the Crab Shack.

As my pal Purdy Boy has pointed out: Anything can happen on any given day.

I'm counting on it.

Waimea

I've got those shotgun shells all loaded up for you but I forgot to ask, did you want shot in them?

I borrowed some shot shell from Creek at Black Gold last year, seems he had loaded these with corn meal or something. I was hitting the targets dead on and they were not even moving.

Earp, if I was Waimea I would be more concerned with powder in the shells as much as shot.

I'll see all you Outlaws in a few days.

I borrowed some shot shell from Creek at Black Gold last year, seems he had loaded these with corn meal or something. I was hitting the targets dead on and they were not even moving.

Earp, if I was Waimea I would be more concerned with powder in the shells as much as shot.

I'll see all you Outlaws in a few days.

It was probably some of his and Joe's 'special' fish batter.

I've got those shotgun shells all loaded up for you but I forgot to ask, did you want shot in them?

Larry - I did forget to mention I was hoping to have shot in MOST of them. Surprise me. :lol:

TT - I have gone to the darkside. No, not black powder. Just thinking less is more.

Can't help it. I had a bad year with Earp.

Earp - 10 (at least)

Waimea - 2 (maybe)

Waimea

me and my hairy legs are ready to go!!!!

Bartender - Could I have a pint of brain bleach please?

:lol:

Waimea

Received my conformation yesterday shooter #254. :D This is one of my favorite matches to shoot in. They really do a good job with this match. If you live in the Southeast you really need to shoot this match. If not you are really missing out! :o

Cheatin'

PM sent on primers

AR

Lady T and I pulled in last night for a week in beautiful St Augustin (I hope)

Let the parties began.

TT....give Lady T a hug for me and save me a little bit of what you have in that Mason Jar you are holding right now (I know you type one handed :D :D ) Hope to see ya'll soon.

be there around 3 or 4 wed afternoon....

looks like y'all are gonna get to see sage Chick shoot..... lil machine she is!!

Loaded pistol and rifle rounds yesterday and sg today. Feel like I'm way ahead of schedule. Will pack tomorrow and hit the road Wednesday morning. Can't Wait to see our Southern Friends

Seige Sale,

Any Pard coming to the Seige want:

Sage advice on BP subjects (keeps me here instead of the Classifieds)

5,000 Federal Large Pistol Primers;

400+ 45 Colt BP Starline & mixed loaded rounds;

Uberti 44-40 24" Deluxe rifle, all bells and whistles, with 200+ loaded BP rounds, 500+ Starline brass, Dillon SQD dies, Big Lube 6 cavity mold, 500 sized and BP lubed bullets, 500 cast Big Lube bullets.

Give me a PM or call.

Amarillo Rattler

407-552-1655

Seige Sale,

Any Pard coming to the Seige want:

Sage advice on BP subjects (keeps me here instead of the Classifieds)

5,000 Federal Large Pistol Primers;

400+ 45 Colt BP Starline & mixed loaded rounds;

Uberti 44-40 24" Deluxe rifle, all bells and whistles, with 200+ loaded BP rounds, 500+ Starline brass, Dillon SQD dies, Big Lube 6 cavity mold, 500 sized and BP lubed bullets, 500 cast Big Lube bullets.

Give me a PM or call.

Amarillo Rattler

407-552-1655

Got any Bullseye? :lol: Inside joke.....

Really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.......come on Wednesday.

Really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.......come on Wednesday.

Thursday for me.

I'm trying not to rush the days too much as the days at the Siege already fly by too quickly.

But I can't help it;

3 DAYS to SIDE MATCH DAY. :lol:

Waimea

Another veiled attempt to goad me into doing something silly.

Oh come on, you know you want to........you ain't forgot how to do it.........even if you look silly doing it.

Gonna miss ya Dan and Darlin

Why Dan whatever do you mean?

You know Dan if I thought you weren't my friend I just don't think I could bear it.

Stan

With "friends" like you, who needs enemies?

Oh come on, you know you want to........you ain't forgot how to do it.........even if you look silly doing it.

Gonna miss ya Dan and Darlin

Hey!! I do not look silly.............if you can call a monkey and a football NOT silly.

Well that's it folks ,if Dan and Darlin ain't coming then neither I'm I !!!

On second thought, see ya Thursday !!! 😜

It's gonna be a loooong drive , leaving Wednesday night about 11pm. Should arrive sometime mid day Thursday !

Archived