SASS Wire Forum

Seige at St. Augestine

T-Bone SASS #36388

I shoulda knowed ole Wairmea would show up....anytime there are a bunch of Outlaws around he'd be in the thick of things....just hope he don't end up in the middle of things....a man could get shot standing there :lol:

So Waimea, you ole waffle wrangler....whar er ya hangin' yore hat for this shoot? I needs ta know so's I kin be on the look out fer ya....won't do for the likes of you to be a slippin' up on a man :D

Well I'm working on getting my stuff together and in the mail. It'll be good to see the usual gang of thieves...er uh...Cracker Crew again. It's always a fun time down to the Siege and we gonna pass a good time der yeah!

Lassiez les bon temps rouler ya'll!

Kajun

I just can't stay away!!

I try but it's impossible.

Stayin' with the Best Western Posse since Mrs Waimea ain't coming. She's got "other obligations".

Thought I had her all set to go but...

Where are you stayin?

Anyhow, I didn't get chocolate waffles for breakfast last year so I'm REALLY looking forward to having some this year.

I'm sure they make me shoot better. :lol:

Joie de vivre, Krazy.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't stay away!!

I try but it's impossible.

Stayin' with the Best Western Posse since Mrs Waimea ain't coming. She's got "other obligations".

Where are you stayin?

Anyhow, I didn't get chocolate waffles for breakfast last year so I'm REALLY looking forward to having some this year.

Joie de vivre, Krazy.

Waimea

I ain't reserved no bunkhouse yet but I've stayed at the Best Western before...it'll work. Let me see if'n I can actually convince them to let me stay there....most of the offenses on my rap sheet have been "smoothed over" since last year so maybe there's a chance I'll be running into ya there...we'll make some shoklut waffles.

Joie de vivre indeed mon ami....always a party every place you geaux :lol: :lol:

Kajun

I'm in for Outlaw... How do you do that????

From what I've heard you should be giving Outlaw lessons. :lol:

I would be first in line. :)

Looking forward to meeting you no matter what category you land in.

Waimea

Best eatin' in Florida, fer Crackers an' Cowboys!!!

Try Clark's Fish Camp in SW Jacksonville, 30 minutes from St Augustine.

Owners are 4 + generations of America/Africa big game hunters and the walls/halls are decorated with 100+ trophy mounts, lions tigers, baboons, antelope, giraffe, water buffalo, etc, etc, etc.

Menu includes all sea foods, and bison, ostrich, quail, etc, etc, etc.

A Posse would get a warm welcome.

Try it,

AR

If enough support can be garnered to make the category I'm envisioning this:

2 Stages - Gunfighter

2 Stages - Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter

2 Stages - Traditional

2 Stages - Frontier Cartridge

1 Stage - Duelist

1 Stage - Frontier Cartridge Duelist

Shotguns - 97 / 87 / SxS - Minimum of 2 kinds must be used for the match......5 stages with SxS and 5 with a 97.....or 5 stages 87 and 5 with a 97.....or 5 with a SxS and 5 with and 87.

All AAC competitors will use the same stage descriptions as everyone else. They are shooting the same match just covering all the basic shooting styles.

This is not set in stone........just a thinking out loud....obviously one could shoot the pistols from the hips...ie outlaw......in all the styles.....

Stan

Howdy

The Wingate is the Host Hotel for the Siege at St Augustine. Phone # is 904-824-9229 use code word "Siege" to get rate. They only have 60 rooms available so book early. The hotel is 5 minutes from the range and they are very cowboy friendly.

Look forward to seeing all of our old, and many new friends this January.

SEE YOU AT THE SIEGE

Bill Bonney

2 Stages - Gunfighter

2 Stages - Traditional

1 Stage - Duelist

Shotguns - 97 / 87 / SxS - Minimum of 2 kinds must be used for the match......5 stages with SxS and 5 with a 97.....or 5 stages 87 and 5 with a 97.....or 5 with a SxS and 5 with and 87.

All AAC competitors will use the same stage descriptions as everyone else. They are shooting the same match just covering all the basic shooting styles.

This is not set in stone........just a thinking out loud....obviously one could shoot the pistols from the hips...ie outlaw......in all the styles.....

Stan

Not that my opinion matters because I'm not shooting BP, not that there's anything wrong with BP I just don't know anything about it. But this sounds much better than the last time when they used a non SASS catagory ( unlimited ?). This way all competitors can shoot for overall standings. I'll watch from the sidelines.

Not that my opinion matters because I'm not shooting BP, not that there's anything wrong with BP I just don't know anything about it. But this sounds much better than the last time when they used a non SASS catagory ( unlimited ?). This way all competitors can shoot for overall standings. I'll watch from the sidelines.

Follow your instincts young Jedi. Follow me to the Dark Side. :D

2 Stages - Gunfighter

2 Stages - Traditional

1 Stage - Duelist

Stan

+1 likey!!!!! count me in!!

You might try Cookies RV park, there are also a few RV parks near the beach. Cookies is about 1 or 2 miles from Stage Coach.

Tempted to come..it would be my first state match, first big match of any kind. Would come from PA and stay with my brother in law in Jacksonville.

What about transporting firearms and ammo through WV, VA, NC, SC, GA and FLA? ( I think that's all the states I'd cross on the trip) I don't have a utah permit, have a subaru outback so no truck to lock things in (aka separate compartment).

Anyone want to help convince me to spend the time and money?

Tempted to come..it would be my first state match, first big match of any kind. Would come from PA and stay with my brother in law in Jacksonville.

What about transporting firearms and ammo through WV, VA, NC, SC, GA and FLA? ( I think that's all the states I'd cross on the trip) I don't have a utah permit, have a subaru outback so no truck to lock things in (aka separate compartment).

You'll have to check the laws of the States you would travel through. You also have to be a SASS member to shoot a State or above match.

Where are you stayin?

Joie de vivre, Krazy.

Waimea

Awright Waimea....I slipped the Best Western reservations guy an ole stogie and he's a lettin' me stay so's I'll be awatchin' out fer ya there. I'm gonna hafta try them there chocolate waffles too.

Kajun

Let's see.....

weather in PA in January.....sucks

weather in FL in January.....better than PA

shooting.....typically they offer good stages with plenty of movement

oldest city in the US....plenty for the non-shooter to experience

Stan

there's no problem transporting firearms in your car.... just put them in the back cased...

Let's see.....

weather in PA in January.....sucks

weather in FL in January.....better than PA

shooting.....typically they offer good stages with plenty of movement

oldest city in the US....plenty for the non-shooter to experience

Stan

$650-700 assuming I don't spend anything at any vendor (which we both know is impossible to avoid :) ) I could buy another gun with that money...

13 hours of driving each way...alone.

I'd spend a few extra days with my BIL perhaps, or borrow his canoe and hit the St Johns. Maybe hit a beach if the weather cooperates. Vacation, chase the winter blues...would rather it be in February than the week after the holidays though.

I have to decide definitively on a name...moving to B western and cow chip isn't what i want for that.

Is SASS membership based on the month you join or a calendar year?

month,, as long as your are a member for the match when you sign up for the match....

Cow Chip

Be extra careful if you have to go through DC.

They don't even like people to have an empty brass case in the car.

I also read where they prosecuted a guy for having a round ball ie for a BP pistol or rifle.

And they won.

Avoid DC at all costs they are crazy there.

Well, disregard the previous rant.

I see you'd be coming down the western track to get here not I95.

Hope you come on down.

Look me up if you do.

Waimea

Wiamea, yu du noze thit yuze kaint come witout yur wife :wub: dunchu!!???

Awright Waimea....I slipped the Best Western reservations guy an ole stogie and he's a lettin' me stay so's I'll be awatchin' out fer ya there. I'm gonna hafta try them there chocolate waffles too.

Kajun

WOOO-HOOO. Them shoco-lat waffles aren't going to stand a chance.

I'm thinking that this is gonna be the best Best Western Posse ever formed. :ph34r:B):lol:

Waimea

Wiamea, yu du noze thit yuze kaint come witout yur wife :wub: dunchu!!???

I did not see that on the application...although it may have been buried in the extra fine print.

Sorry to disappoint. :(

Waimea

WOOO-HOOO. Them shoco-lat waffles aren't going to stand a chance.

I'm thinking that this is gonna be the best Best Western Posse ever formed. :ph34r:B):lol:

Waimea

There's a Best Western Posse? What is that?

Judge, looking forward to seeing you and that scary gal, Yazoo......you know what I mean. Ya'll Outlaws should be glad she's shooting in Lady Outlaw.....if there is such a thing.

Crab Shack......MMMMM

I know you guys poke at each other a lot,Sun and Wyatt especially.

That is one of the reasons we like to come down there. You guys make it FUN.

Culpepper,Waimea,Tombstone,Sun,Sam,Wyatt,Cope and Mis.

That's one of the main reasons we come. Not to mention Stan,Delta,AO, John E Law,Deadlee, Amaduelist, Bill Bonney and countless other folks.

Yes Sir. I am so looking forward to this.

JUDGE

I know you guys poke at each other a lot,Sun and Wyatt especially.

That is one of the reasons we like to come down there. You guys make it FUN.

Culpepper,Waimea,Tombstone,Sun,Sam,Wyatt,Cope and Mis.

That's one of the main reasons we come. Not to mention Stan,Delta,AO, John E Law,Deadlee, Amaduelist, Bill Bonney and countless other folks.

Yes Sir. I am so looking forward to this.

JUDGE

Judge

That's quite a list to be a part of.

We might just have to kick it up a notch.

Judge Em and Yazoo part of the Best Western Posse.

Does it get any better?

We'll have to kidnap Lady T and Tombstone so they can become temporary but integral parts of the BWP.

Crab Shack, OH YEAH.

One of my Favorite parts of the Siege.

We'll get T-Bone out there and bring down the house.

I'm thinkin' this could get dangerous! :lol:

Waimea

Iffn I'm there count me in!!! I'm at the BW too!!!!! AND the Crab Shack!!!! heck I'm part of the original Crab Shack Posse!!!! let's see, me, Preacherman, Judge, Lady T and her hubby, and? least tha's who I think was there the first night!!

Iffn I'm there count me in!!! I'm at the BW too!!!!! AND the Crab Shack!!!! heck I'm part of the original Crab Shack Posse!!!! let's see, me, Preacherman, Judge, Lady T and her hubby, and? least tha's who I think was there the first night!!

Lord willin', :wub: you'll be there.

And if'n you are...

I'll be a keepin' my eye on you so's you can't sneak up :ph34r: on me

and put me in a head lock :o like last year. :blink::P

:lol:

I got work to do. I can't be worryin' about such shenanigans.

:lol:

Waimea

ahhh, :o tha's beacause yu had yur beautiful wife :wub: wit yu and I was gonna break yur neck, :o ,,, but I saw the look in her eyes and had pity on yuze!! :blink::blink:;):P:P:D

ahhh, :o tha's beacause yu had yur beautiful wife :wub: wit yu and I was gonna break yur neck, :o ,,, but I saw the look in her eyes and had pity on yuze!! :blink:;):P:D

As I recall you said to me: "Slow or fast".

Well, I musta misunderstood cuz I thought you wanted to dance. :lol:

If I'd knowd you wanted to break my neck I might've put up more of a fuss.

She does have purdy eyes don't she? :wub:

Waimea

No flag cuz:

An error occurred

You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

Archived