SASS Wire Forum

Seige at St. Augestine

T-Bone SASS #36388

Well that's it folks ,if Dan and Darlin ain't coming then neither I'm I !!!

On second thought, see ya Thursday !!!

It's gonna be a loooong drive , leaving Wednesday night about 11pm. Should arrive sometime mid day Thursday !

Ya'll drive safely down from Louisiana....weather is looking to be pretty cold. We are leaving at 2am Thurs morning to hopefully arrive in time to shoot WB and BP side matches. Really liking my mag tube sleeve in my Uberti that ya sold me....makes the bullets feed more smoothly....adds a little more confidence when shooting the 73.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I would pass on. One of the B17s I use fly on tours, "Aluminum Overcast" is going to be at Cecil Field in Jacksonville on Jan 9 to 11. So if some get a chance Sunday stop and look at this magnificient aircraft and take a tour and maybe book a ride. MT

more info at B17.org

Well the jig is up.............

Travis and Rick found out yesterday that I had actually signed up as a 49'r last Friday. I had not made the decision until then and figured I would make a last-ditch effort and practive for a few days before I made a "surprise" appearance at the Seige - that all changed today.

During a run I stepped on some brass (I practice inside on a concrete floor) while I was moving towards a table. The effect was like running on marbles. I hit the table head-long. Guns, ammo, and pieces of the now shattered table legs flew everywhere. After a couple of minutes I tried to get up, but realized that my back was not happy. I managed to get home and have take a muscle relaxer and some ibuprofen. I am able to walk now but it's like walking on pins and needles.

I have my doubts that I am going to be 100% come Thursday. As much as I would like to see everybody I can't say for sure one way or the other right now. I should know in the morning if I can really move or not.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Hope to see everyone soon.

Dan

Travis and Rick found out yesterday that I had actually signed up as a 49'r last Friday. I had not made the decision until then and figured I would make a last-ditch effort and practive for a few days before I made a "surprise" appearance at the Seige - that all changed today.

During a run I stepped on some brass (I practice inside on a concrete floor) while I was moving towards a table. The effect was like running on marbles. I hit the table head-long. Guns, ammo, and pieces of the now shattered table legs flew everywhere. After a couple of minutes I tried to get up, but realized that my back was not happy. I managed to get home and have take a muscle relaxer and some ibuprofen. I am able to walk now but it's like walking on pins and needles.

I have my doubts that I am going to be 100% come Thursday. As much as I would like to see everybody I can't say for sure one way or the other right now. I should know in the morning if I can really move or not.

Dan

Well that tops anything that I could ever come up with. :lol:

At least you hadn't signed up for Outlaw on the sly. :P

Hope you're feeling better in a couple days.

Your (Outlaw) pal,

Waimea

PS

(Somebody get the smelling salts for Cypress Sun, I think he passed out) :lol:

:FlagAm:

Dan, sorry to hear of the practice mishap. To cause that much damage to the table, you must have hit it with your head. Hope you get better before the match and are able to join us. If you can't make it, at least send Darlin. :D

Waimea, now you've done it.....made me get my glasses to read the small print. Passed out? It's only 4:30 in the afternoon........I have yet begun to defile myself. :ph34r:

Sun

I'll be ROing stage 3, not shooting

I've got some apple pie, not nearly enuff tho, Kanada Girl will be joining us the the BW too. gonna be a gud time.

Dan, and most sorrowful to hear of your calamity!! not many things hert as much as an unhappy back!!!!

Dan

Sorry to hear it, Dan. Hope you get feeling better quickly and to see you in St. Augustine.

Well, Lady T and I ran by the BW last evening, that is going to be one crowded lobby if that is where the party is. Luckily no one was there last night so we came back to camp and helped Whiskey Creek try to figure out a satellite system. We got it done so if anyone needs help 4 guys and a wrench are at the ready, all you have to supply is the beer and crown and a satellite system.

Been here for two days already, is it shooting time yet????

Well, Lady T and I ran by the BW last evening, that is going to be one crowded lobby if that is where the party is. Luckily no one was there last night so we came back to camp and helped Whiskey Creek try to figure out a satellite system. We got it done so if anyone needs help 4 guys and a wrench are at the ready, all you have to supply is the beer and crown and a satellite system.

Been here for two days already, is it shooting time yet????

:lol:

That's why it's called the Best Western POOL Posse.

We hang out by the pool, usually soaking in the warm sun.

But this year maybe we should huddle in the lobby. It would be snug but at least we'll be warm.

:P

Waimea

Leavin' really really really early in the morning to drive down to FL....hopefully I'll be thawed out by the time I get there....weather channel forecasts the temp to be 15 degrees when we leave my house. Looks like I'm gonna be wearing my BVDs on the drive down...shore will needem when we commence ta chootin the WB side match.

Leavin' really really really early in the morning to drive down to FL....hopefully I'll be thawed out by the time I get there....weather channel forecasts the temp to be 15 degrees when we leave my house. Looks like I'm gonna be wearing my BVDs on the drive down...shore will needem when we commence ta chootin the WB side match.

Git yourself a good night's sleep Krazy.

You could've left the BVD part out though. :lol:

Come over and see me and Kingfish Dave at the Speed Pistol Side Match.

We got some Waffles to eat on Friday. :lol:

Drive safe.

Waimea

Sorry to hear it, Dan. Hope you get feeling better quickly and to see you in St. Augustine.

Thanks I am feeling much better today.

So.....................

I am going to sign up for AAC.

That way Purdy Boy can give me advice on how to shoot each stage and keep me out of trouble ;).

Ahhh, can't wait. I'll be shooting slow and moving even slower. Hey, Culpepper needs someone to beat up on, might as well be me.

See you then.

Thanks I am feeling much better today.

So.....................

I am going to sign up for AAC.

That way Purdy Boy can give me advice on how to shoot each stage and keep me out of trouble ;).

Ahhh, can't wait. I'll be shooting slow and moving even slower. Hey, Culpepper needs someone to beat up on, might as well be me.

See you then.

Good news, Dan. I am shooting AAC too though I don't expect to be giving much advice. As far as I know there are just 4 of us, the 4th being Titus A Gnatsass. Just hope not to freeze too badly during my first WB shoot tomorrow morning. See you shortly.

Leaving early tomorrow myself. See you at WB, Kajun.

Good news, Dan. I am shooting AAC too though I don't expect to be giving much advice. As far as I know there are just 4 of us, the 4th being Titus A Gnatsass. Just hope not to freeze too badly during my first WB shoot tomorrow morning. See you shortly.

Wish I could be there for you. WB was something I was "kinda" good at ;). You will do fine. Here's my only advice: Never, never get in a hurry. Let the front sight tell you when it's time to pull the trigger. The only catch is that you have to be able to pull the trigger as fast as it can talk.

Wish I could be there for you. WB was something I was "kinda" good at ;). You will do fine. Here's my only advice: Never, never get in a hurry. Let the front sight tell you when it's time to pull the trigger. The only catch is that you have to be able to pull the trigger as fast as it can talk.

Thanks, Dan. Will see what I can do.

well Dan you are really gonna have to practice to beat Wabash in the land surfing Category

it will be good to see you guys!!!

Chicken Scratch

Dan, great news, now I can get beat up by a cripple!!!!

place looks great here at the siege!!!

gonna be a good time!!!

Dan, great news, now I can get beat up by a cripple!!!!

place looks great here at the siege!!!

gonna be a good time!!!

Oh don't worry. If the match goes anything like the four whole practice sessions I managed to get in (before my WWE interface with that table) you should be safe -- as well as the targets. Not shooting cowboy guns for six months or so really lowers the probability of a clean run. I keep trying to reload the pistol from the bottom.

Dan

Hey Buddy I'm glad you got to come but I still say your not very good at that keeping secrets thing. The look on everyone's face when you would have walked on the range and pulled your gun cart out would have been priceless.

Cope

Dang, if it isn't over already.

Such a great time.

Hard to believe it's in the books for another year.

Thanks to Cope, Chicken Scratch and their Committee for the whole "Shootin' Match".

So many things happened funny and otherwise that it's quite hard to take it all in.

Maybe need the whole week to digest it all.

Still not sure if'n T-Bone Dooley was REALLY in the State of Florida or not.

He seems like an apparition that moves on his own plain.

Well, hope sometime our paths will cross.

The party at the RV park with the Tennesseans and Kentuckeans will burn for a LOOONG time.

I think there was moonshine involved.

For now though....

Basking in the happy glow. :lol:

Waimea

Dang, if it isn't over already.

Such a great time.

Hard to believe it's in the books for another year.

Thanks to Cope, Chicken Scratch and their Committee for the whole "Shootin' Match".

So many things happened funny and otherwise that it's quite hard to take it all in.

Maybe need the whole week to digest it all.

Still not sure if'n T-Bone Dooley was REALLY in the State of Florida or not.

He seems like an apparition that moves on his own plain.

Well, hope sometime our paths will cross.

The party at the RV park with the Tennesseans and Kentuckeans will burn for a LOOONG time.

I think there was moonshine involved.

For now though....

Basking in the happy glow. :lol:

Waimea

Glad you enjoyed yourself. BUT just wait till you see what we have in store for you next year!!

Great Match! The stages were AWESOME!! Where else have you walked through a herd of long horn steers while engaging shotgun targets? Also who has heard of a Chicken Scratch sweep? :wacko: They also had a hanging gallows, moonshine still, full size train, full size stage coach. The stages were challenging with plenty of movement forward and side to side. Plus all the BBQ you could eat!! :D

A big THANK YOU to all the crew down in St. Augustine for a great match!!!!

Cheatin'

Archived