SASS Wire Forum

And now, some GOOD NEWS

Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904

Last weekend was our clubs annual 2 day shoot. Who should show up but our old friend Palewolff !!!

Your prayers worked, he looks pretty good (he never was a beauty queen) and said he'd try to shoot a few stages, but really just wanted to see some of his old pards after several months in the hospital.

I'm pleased to report he shot the entire match and only got 1 miss on top of that!!!

You'all will never know how happy we were to have him back, a hearty "thanx" to all of you who came to his side when he needed you.

Indeed, that is good news.

Dang, shoot 2 days and only 1 miss. thats good for even a young, healthy feller.

Hope you continue to stay well and Blessed, PWB.

..........Widder

That's great news.

Nice to have positive news posted up for a change.

Palewolf,

Glad to hear that you are back out flogging the steel targets!

Prayers and best wishes with you! Keep your strength up!

Cat Brules

I'm glad to hear he's back and doing better too. He's a gunfighter, a gentleman, and seems to have the patience of a Saint when answering the endless "What if's" on behalf of the rules committee. We're really glad to have him back.

CPT. JACK

PWB, ain't it great when ya get back to doin what you're s'posed to do and bein' where you're s'posed to be?

Congrats on the recovery, son! Hope it continues till ya never know ya was sick. ;)

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Gone back to PT to get the ruptured Achilles tendons back in shape last week.

(found out that was most likely a side effect of the antibiotics initially prescribed when the MD's thought I had pneumonia back in May...the slip&fall a month ago didn't help at all)

Started back to w**k last Friday (got called in to help with year end inventory)

Negotiated light duty/reduced hours (temporarily) with the Division Manager yesterday.

Just got home from surgery (Salem Hospital) to install belly tube for peritoneal dialysis at HOME or on the road! MD took into consideration my request to keep it out of the way of the double-gun rig, SG ammo belt & shoulder holsters.

Should be functional within the next couple weeks (at least in time for travel to WR)!!

Thanks again to ALL my SASS family for the prayers & support!!

Four of my goals have been met thanks to y'all:

1) Don't die just yet.

2) Get back out on the range & shootin'

3) Get back to w**k (gotta keep them insurance premiums paid up)

and

4)Get mobilized re: the dialysis...at least until transplant is available.

^_^

Blessings for the CHRISTMAS Season and a healthy & prosperous NEW YEAR!!

:wub:

PWB

X!

death%27s%20door-M.jpg

X2

God Bless PB. Good news is always good to digest.....Hope the road keeps getting better for you. Attitude is key and you have a good one.

KK

Howdy PaleWolf,

Great to hear a plan to recovery is in place and you're moving forward. May God continue to bless your recovery and make you well.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Only one miss in a 2 match? Gamer...

Fillmore

Written with love (so some don't get the wrong idea)

could you point out the rule which deals with the return to shooting SASS after medical conditions? :D

Do we need to take it to the TGs to get it changed....just kidding

cr

Only one miss in a 2-day match? Gamer...

Fillmore

but I did it a lot more sssllooooowwwly then reg'lar...does that still make me a "gamer"??

:P

Good thing it was spread out over two+ days! Made for a very FUN weekend

BTW - We had a GREAT posse leader!

:wub:

PWB,

Nice work on the 4 goals and your recovery to date. Will keep the prayers rolling for your continued healing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

CBO

but I did it a lot more sssllooooowwwly then reg'lar...does that still make me a "gamer"??

If you shot that match any sss//oooooowwwly'er than you usually shoot, we'd still be there, and the match started last Sept.!

Good ta have ya back

Archived