SASS Wire Forum

I hope they all leave...

As a die hard New Englander, I hate to say this, but I really hope all the gun makers in Connecticut pull up stakes and leave for greener pastures.

We need to let these idiot politicians know that if they are gonna make life miserable for gun owners, then the tax revenues they so enjoy getting from the people who make the guns are gonna dry up.

I'm from Massachusetts, for the record, and I think Smith & Wesson and Savage should leave this state too. I'd be sad if the firearms industry abandoned its roots, but I think it has to happen.

Maybe they could go to New Hampshire or Vermont....

All the gun and accessory manufacturers could move to Detroit. Lots of empty factories, plenty of skilled tradesmen looking for jobs and plenty of affordable housing for employees who want to relocate.

As a die hard New Englander, I hate to say this, but I really hope all the gun makers in Connecticut pull up stakes and leave for greener pastures.

We need to let these idiot politicians know that if they are gonna make life miserable for gun owners, then the tax revenues they so enjoy getting from the people who make the guns are gonna dry up.

I'm from Massachusetts, for the record, and I think Smith & Wesson and Savage should leave this state too. I'd be sad if the firearms industry abandoned its roots, but I think it has to happen.

Maybe they could go to New Hampshire or Vermont....

All the gun and accessory manufacturers could move to Detroit. Lots of empty factories, plenty of skilled tradesmen looking for jobs and plenty of affordable housing for employees who want to relocate.

Nope .... move to Texas or Arizona.

In Texas, the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) will work with the incoming employer to relocate, provide incentives and find employees for them. If the employees are not up to the skill levels required, TWC will help train them and contribute toward their salaries until they are up to speed.

Cat Brules

Hope they do come to TEXAS.

They leave taxes go up for those that remain

Instead of wanting someone else to fight our battles why don't we run for public office?

They leave taxes go up for those that remain

Instead of wanting someone else to fight our battles why don't we run for public office?

I realize moseying around north of the Mason Dixon is not one of your favorite pasttimes, but you might be surprised by a few things that have changed since 1862,,,,

Most people in MA do not own guns; nor do they understand them, like them, nor want anyone else to own one. A candidate supporting gun rights in this state would be openly mocked and ridiculed in the press; opponents would snigger, and look at the ceiling when they met in debates; and ultimately, such a candidate would lose....by a mile.

With Scott Brown gone, we do not have ONE Republican Senator or Congressman. In a state with over 4 million registered voters, less than 500,000 are registered Republicans.

This is what you have to look forward to if you run for office on this State...either "adapt" your views, or die.

Sometimes, I feel like a member of the French underground in WWII, carefully hiding my true loyalties, and hoping that the allies land soon; of course, there are no Allies in this scenario.

LL

Let em move to Tennessee.

It was listed in the Top 4 of the 'Most Free States for individual Rights' recently by a study by some professional law group out of some northern fancy college, or something like that.

Heck, ya know its true cause they allow me and TN Stud to live here, with all our women! :lol:

..........Widder

I realize moseying around north of the Mason Dixon is not one of your favorite pasttimes, but you might be surprised by a few things that have changed since 1862,,,,

Most people in MA do not own guns; nor do they understand them, like them, nor want anyone else to own one. A candidate supporting gun rights in this state would be openly mocked and ridiculed in the press; opponents would snigger, and look at the ceiling when they met in debates; and ultimately, such a candidate would lose....by a mile.

With Scott Brown gone, we do not have ONE Republican Senator or Congressman. In a state with over 4 million registered voters, less than 500,000 are registered Republicans.

This is what you have to look forward to if you run for office on this State...either "adapt" your views, or die.

Sometimes, I feel like a member of the French underground in WWII, carefully hiding my true loyalties, and hoping that the allies land soon; of course, there are no Allies in this scenario.

LL

And CT isn't much better poltically. Democrats have a majority in both the state senate & house. We voted for people we THOUGHT would protect our gun rights and 40+ NRA A and B rated Democratic & Republican legislators voted for the gun bill despite all our calls and e-mails and rallies and testimony.

I'm going to put in on this as I've had first hand experience with the state of Mass.

As a former Officer of the law and a Firearms Instructor and Armorer. I was sent to 5 S&W schools and while I will say that the country side in the Springfield area is a nice view, the laws SUCK!!. I could not believe that even though I was a sworn officer on official business that I was told not to carry my firearm. Guess what I did. Ha! Ha!

It is sad to drive into the state from Hartford and see huge signs telling you that firearms are illegal. I could not believe it on my first trip. I'm sure that the founders of all the gun business have rolled over in their graves.

For those who don't know, part of the S&W property is on the grounds of the former Springfield armory. We had classes in the building and fired our guns in the old indoor factory range.

As far as this state goes they have moved from one of the greatest to one of the worse!!

The same type of thing is now taking place in what was the state of Colorado. I say that because my favorite place to go and relax has become a suburb of California. They have moved in with the anti gun crowd and have started the ruin of one of the best states in the USA.

Arkansas is activly seeking out gun makers to relocate here. I read that we have several good leads, but I don't have any more details yet. Just hoping for the best.

Cash

I'm going to put in on this as I've had first hand experience with the state of Mass.

As a former Officer of the law and a Firearms Instructor and Armorer. I was sent to 5 S&W schools and while I will say that the country side in the Springfield area is a nice view, the laws SUCK!!. I could not believe that even though I was a sworn officer on official business that I was told not to carry my firearm. Guess what I did. Ha! Ha!

It is sad to drive into the state from Hartford and see huge signs telling you that firearms are illegal. I could not believe it on my first trip. I'm sure that the founders of all the gun business have rolled over in their graves.

For those who don't know, part of the S&W property is on the grounds of the former Springfield armory. We had classes in the building and fired our guns in the old indoor factory range.

As far as this state goes they have moved from one of the greatest to one of the worse!!

The same type of thing is now taking place in what was the state of Colorado. I say that because my favorite place to go and relax has become a suburb of California. They have moved in with the anti gun crowd and have started the ruin of one of the best states in the USA.

We are far from a suburb of California. CCW permits are still easy to get. You can carry a weapon concealed in your car without a permit.There are many thousands of firearms owners here. There is no firearms registration. ARs are not banned. You do not need a firearms card to buy a gun and you can buy as many as you want all day long.

But the libs have a foot in the door and we have to work to ensure they get voted out and we can get these recent stupid laws removed from the books.

Work hard, Bob. Nip this nonsense in the bud. It would be heartbreaking and a travesty to see Colorado go the way of the Golden [Peelin', Tarnished, Brass-Plated] State. :(

Archived