SASS Wire Forum

CAS If AWB Passes

I've been dwelling on this, and thought I'd share my thoughts on the subject. If, heaven forbid, the Congress passes an AWB, how will this affect your CAS shooting? In particular, look at all the postings here, and on other websites, pertaining to ammunition and reloading component shortages. I've got enough rounds loaded up, and extra components on hand, to make it through the next season of CAS/WB shoots (although I could use an extra case or two of shotgun shells).

That said, if this were to be passed, I have to wonder if I should keep on shooting as normal, or if I should scale back, and preserve my ammunition supplies.

It would only impact me if the CAS ammo components I use become scarce. I don't expect they will. Perhaps in the short term with primers being the main problem. But as manufacturers ramp up production that will probably ease up.

If some weird bill passes that effects 45 Colt brass,and blead and Black Powder and subs, I would have to look for another hobby.

Maybe quilting. :rolleyes:

It would only impact me if the CAS ammo components I use become scarce. I don't expect they will. Perhaps in the short term with primers being the main problem. But as manufacturers ramp up production that will probably ease up.

If some weird bill passes that effects 45 Colt brass,and blead and Black Powder and subs, I would have to look for another hobby.

Maybe quilting. :rolleyes:/>

ah-uh-uh... careful now... those crochet hooks and knitting needles may become viewed as deadly weapons!

LOL :)

Probably afraid you'll knit an Afghan.

:lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/>

When California did it's hi cap mag ban we had to convince them to specifically exempt lever action rifles. At first they said no problem, that isn't who we meant. But we had them exempt them anyway, don't trust them. Didn't see any exemption in the Feinstein federal bill.

I don't believe politicians have forgotten the big swing to the GOP after the last AWB. Foremost, politicians want to cover their own jobs. I don't see an AWB passing, or if it does, it will be watered down.

i am sure you are just jokeing

if not

ammo taxes are next

reloading taxes r next

that WILL happen :huh:/>/>/>/>

It already is happening here in Colorado. Our Liberal Democrat Govenor, John Hickengoober sp? decided to give the Colorado side of the NICS (our CBI) time off to spend with family after the school shooting in Sandy Hook. Instead of 20 or more employees doing the checks 24/7, there are now 3, two in the AM and 1 in the PM. Current wait time is over 100+ BUSINESS? hours, not including Sunday or holidays. Further his phone # mailbox "is full" and he is no longer accepting new calls regarding his actions.

I had decided several months ago to get an M&P shield which finally showed up last week. I started the paperwork process (which usually takes 30 minutes or so) on Wednesday the 21st and my background check came in today about an hour ago. How is making a law abiding gun owner wait over a week stopping the next nutjob? I was told that there is no clear time frame to complete new applications because the only answer the CBI will give is the ambiguous "100+" hours. :o/>/>/>

Regards

:FlagAm:/>/>/>

Gateway (thoroughly confused) Kid

When California did it's hi cap mag ban we had to convince them to specifically exempt lever action rifles. At first they said no problem, that isn't who we meant. But we had them exempt them anyway, don't trust them. Didn't see any exemption in the Feinstein federal bill.

19th Century assault weapons is what we all shoot in SASS.

Randy

ah-uh-uh... careful now... those crochet hooks and knitting needles may become viewed as deadly weapons!

LOL :)/>

Yep. The TSA banned them on aircraft after they caught a granny knitting an Afgan. :unsure:

Yep. The TSA banned them on aircraft after they caught a granny knitting an Afgan. :unsure:/>

Actually, knitting needles could be sharpened enough to make them a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands (not granny's of course), but I don't think you could do a whole lotta harm with most crochet hooks.... :wacko::wacko:

I've been dwelling on this, and thought I'd share my thoughts on the subject. If, heaven forbid, the Congress passes an AWB, how will this affect your CAS shooting? In particular, look at all the postings here, and on other websites, pertaining to ammunition and reloading component shortages. I've got enough rounds loaded up, and extra components on hand, to make it through the next season of CAS/WB shoots (although I could use an extra case or two of shotgun shells).

That said, if this were to be passed, I have to wonder if I should keep on shooting as normal, or if I should scale back, and preserve my ammunition supplies.

I'm going to shoot as normal. Component shortages have plagued us for years and I've learned to keep supplies on hand. If I run short I'll shoot more cap 'n ball and .22s. I suspect match attendance will wither away before I have to quit. Life is too short to cut back on recreation. The current shortage will pass as have others.

i am sure you are just jokeing

if not

ammo taxes are next

reloading taxes r next

that WILL happen huh.gif

No joke.

Reading the bill that has been proposed by the CA Senator, shows no exemption for tubular fed lever action rifles, other than .22 caliber ones.

That tube under the centerfire rifle is considered the "ammunition feeding device" and is considered to be a "high capacity" magazine if it holds over 10 rds.

Not sure of this guys bonafides, but here is his interpretation of the DF bill expected to be the new law of the land. She does seem to promise that certain guns, to be considered later, might be exempted. Thinking that she is probably a nice lady and means well, I am sure she will exempt cowboy rifles! We must remain calm and realize that it is our best interest that they have in mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JDglpt8hpyg#!

No joke.

Reading the bill that has been proposed by the CA Senator, shows no exemption for tubular fed lever action rifles, other than .22 caliber ones.

That tube under the centerfire rifle is considered the "ammunition feeding device" and is considered to be a "high capacity" magazine if it holds over 10 rds.

Unless it has changed since the last time that I read it over, the ban is targetted at semi-automatics with high capacity magazines and specifically excluded manually-operated guns.

JEEZE guys read the link above UNLESS you have already read it and want to interpret it based on actual knowledge! Fixed tube guns are included if I understand this right. The really scary part is the weapons classification and registration part of her bill. Read it and either agree and or disagree based on what you know and not what you heard someone else say. I want to know if this yahoo is wright or wrong?

Actually, knitting needles could be sharpened enough to make them a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands (not granny's of course), but I don't think you could do a whole lotta harm with most crochet hooks.... :wacko:/> :wacko:/>

You'll put an eye out with that thing! ;)

They could continue attacking our places to shoot, due to noise & pollution & safety issues, with zoning regulations, OSHA, EPA, maybe even find some endangered maggots that suffer from gunshot noise.

Fewer ranges, fewer shooters.

JEEZE guys read the link above UNLESS you have already read it and want to interpret it based on actual knowledge! Fixed tube guns are included if I understand this right. The really scary part is the weapons classification and registration part of her bill. Read it and either agree and or disagree based on what you know and not what you heard someone else say. I want to know if this yahoo is wright or wrong?

Bob

In the last, Billy Bubber ban,language was much the same and believe me it did get misinterpreted and did affect the production and purchases of center fire pistol caliber lever action rifles.

It took the regulating Morons awhile to pull one body part out of another, I for see the same if we in the future end up with a Obummer ban.

Call,write and e mail all of your representatives if you haven't already. Adios Sgt.Jake

Not sure of this guys bonafides, but here is his interpretation of the DF bill expected to be the new law of the land. She does seem to promise that certain guns, to be considered later, might be exempted. Thinking that she is probably a nice lady and means well, I am sure she will exempt cowboy rifles! We must remain calm and realize that it is our best interest that they have in mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JDglpt8hpyg#!

If feinstine gets her way she would totally disarm the nation. That is her true objective.

Yep. The TSA banned them on aircraft after they caught a granny knitting an Afgan. :unsure:/>

Well, at least she wasn't knitting an Iraqi! :rolleyes: I'm thinking of taking up knitting. My daughter wants a new stove in her house, and I thought if I bought enough steel wool, I could knit her a stove! :wacko:

As long as there are at least two of us, I'll keep on shooting - one shooter, one TO/RO/counter and we're good to go. :lol:/>

Hey...we almost did that at one saturday shoot.Weather was iffy and only 5 of us showed up.Made for a long day.1 loading,1 unloading,1 shooting and 1 timing.5th guy was a counter til the loader came up to shoot.

Actually, knitting needles could be sharpened enough to make them a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands (not granny's of course), but I don't think you could do a whole lotta harm with most crochet hooks.... :wacko:/> :wacko:/>

but on my last flight over thanksgiving

I saw a woman on the plane kniting

yikes

I was scared out of my wits :huh:

The ban includes barrels shorter than 30 inches, or somesuch random barrel length restriction. That would ban all coach guns and 90% of the '97 shotguns I know of. The 30" barrel ban would also include most if not all of the 1894, 1866, 1873, and other lever guns.

We would all require new lever guns and shotguns, or pay the proposed $200 per gun in taxes. As is, this proposed ban could end Cowboy Action Shooting and Wild Bunch Shooting for a majority of people.

Archived