SASS Wire Forum

When did you first...

Deja Vous

Looking back on my childhood we lived a bit differently. We were not allowed to have a small pox vaccine, a TB test, blood test for blood type at school, or to be baptisted. My dad felt we needed to be grown to make decisions.. and the tests might be dangerous. You have to understand his first wife was young when she died in a hospital and he never got over that. Anyhow.. just wondered how many people grew up as the "odd kid" in school.. lol Everyone knew me.. I had friends and people thought I was funny and nice.. but odd.. I talked to my best pal tonight and decided someday I might get baptisted.. but you know the church never questioned me.. lol.. And I don't think God cares as long as I believe.. and I do.............. so.. rather you believe in God or not.. did you grow up odd.. lol. .. Guns of course are in my family..... we shot as kids.. and dad expected us to... So maybe the connection is there.. dv.. Just thinking we are all a bit different somehow.. in a good way.. hugs..

Still am odd. While going to school, wasn't accepted as smart, wasn't nerdy enough, didn't want to be a bad boy, couldn't see that would take me no where good and wasn't a jock, not too crazy with pain. In fact, whenever my friends describe me to someone it usually goes like this. Bob is just...

Bob.

I was always the odd one out. I skipped 4th grade, so I was always younger than everybody else in my grade. It got worse in High School. I entered HS when I was 13 and not only was I younger than everybody, I was shorter. I as only 5'5". I didn't grow to 5'10" until I was a Senior in HS and I graduated at 17. My father was old school Chicago Italian, so it was forget about college, get a job. I was still odd then because most of the business's hiring full time, you had to be 18. I still had 7 months to go to get to 18. Am I still odd now? Probably, but now I don't care! :)

Skipped 3rd grade cause no one knew what ADHD was except that it meant major headaches for the teacher and they tended to bump you up. Yep, a major dose of Ritalin would a done me a lot of good back when. Yep I was odd....the only one in class that read the newspaper on a regular basis....among other things.

It hasn't been proven in a court of law.

I grew up with my Dad in the US Army and the oldest son as we moved from Wash, Ga, Ok, Ky, Va and Okinawa. When we lived on base, all of teh other kids were being moved also, so all was good. When we lived off-base, 'odd' is a good word.

I was also a pretty nerdy reader (still am). I got in trouble reading biographies while in histroy class and bookx on math and science by Asimov while sitting in those classes.

I, like you, Deja, know I'm strange or odd...................................

But dats what puts me way ahead of other folk in dis Saloon ! ! LOL

Now, back to my Bulliet drinkin' !

I knew when I was 3 years old that I was odd, Deja

If you are not wearing a chicken suit and holding up some kind of billboard you are still normal and are never gonna fit in.

Show us your Mensa card, tell us your chess club rating, show us a picture of you wearing a pocket protector and MAYBE Deja will let you join the club. She is nice and sweet but, she does have rules! :blush:

I'm completely normal. I want to hang out with all you guys so I can be the odd one! :)

I was 17 and it was with my best friend's cousin visiting from Pennsylvania...Oh wait! that's not the when did you first you were talking about..... :blush:

Hey Dejas,

I don't think you are odd. If you are, it's a good odd.

I think I'm odd because Forty Rod called me a "seriously strange girl." :unsure::lol:

Regards,

Allie

Theres' truth in 4T's words!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well if you figure that the kid who gets bullied a lot is the odd kid, I suppose I was odd because I changed schools a lot. And in those days it was tough when you got bullied because I didn't have to internet to tell me how to make bombs and things.

Hey Dejas,

I don't think you are odd. If you are, it's a good odd.

I think I'm odd because Forty Rod called me a "seriously strange girl." :unsure::lol:

Regards,

Allie

Theres' truth in 4T's words!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I find your repeated digs at me to be tedious. Please just ignore me.

Archived