SASS Wire Forum

Planning your 2012 Schedule? GEORGIA STATE

Yazoo City Gal

Sorry for using the wife's alias :wub:

HOWDY PARDS,

If you are planning you SASS shooting schedule for 2012 this here is one you DON'T want to MISS!!!!

I am the Match Director for the Round Up At Riverbend 2012. We are gonna have 3 funfilled days of lead flying. I can promise you the BIGGEST and CLOSEST targets in the Southeast!!

We will start off Thursday with a 3 Stage Wild Bunch Side Match and then a 3 Stage Warmup Match. We are also having a SASS sanctioned 5 Stage Georgia State Black Powder Match. All of these will be worked around 200yd. Long Range Buffalo and Lever Action Big Bore Rifle, 100yd Pistol Caliber Lever Action Rifle and 50yd. Single Action Pistol long range matches. PLUS Speed Pistol,Speed Rifle,Speed Shotgun all along with derringer and pocket pistol. And if that doesn't interest you, on FRIDAY you will shoot the first five stages with the BIGGEST and CLOSEST targets that I can find. Then after you catch your breath a little bit, you get to saddle up and shoot five more on Saturday before you go to the Dinner and Awards Show. And..... if you still have not put enough lead downrange you can come and shoot in the open to ALL SHOOTERS Shootoff on Sunday after Cowboy Church!!!!

Oh Yeah,I almost forgot. The Theme for this FUN FILLED WEEKEND ATTRACTION is WESTERN COMEDIES!!! So we will have Gunfighting Dentist, Evil Roy Slade,Gunfighters,Sheriff's,Three Amigos,Blazing Saddles and Crazy Women from the Silver Screen to entertain you with!!! Oh...... and did I mention.......

" B I G and C L O S E !!!"

Hope to see you at Riverbend May 3-6,2012!!

Judge'm ALL Duncan--Match Director

http://rbrr.org/

Sorry for Posting on the better half's page.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? No McLintock! Somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't

Seriously, folks, these people put on a heck of a good show.

I am surprised, though, that they did not mention how big and close the targets tend to be.

Judge, you know'd that ole Widder is plannin to be there.

You might not be famous for good field goal kickers but you Georgia folks sure have a reputation of puttin on a humdinger of a match.

Rumor has it that I oughta bring my short barreled pistols sos I don't hit the targets with my muzzle and front sight blade. :o:o:o

..........Widder

Snakebite,

I will have that Information on the website by next week.

Did I forget to mention BIG and CLOSE!!!!

Widder,

The highlight of the day for me was seeing that missed field goal!!!!! ROLL TIDE!!!!

Lord willing, and the creek don't rise I'll be there :) with bells on.

This is one of the Best Shoots this side of the Mississippi. Great range, easy walking, cart paths paved. Wonderful food. Ladies hugh shopping Outlets just a few miles from the range.

One of the best pards to ride with either side of the Mississippi.

I'll be there. Bea Itchin' is still on the fence. Personally, it would be OK with me if you'd move the targets BACK a little. But I guess that's just me.

Any advice on decent lodging close to the range?

Contact Buck Dodgers, he has the info on Big Canoe Resort. It was really nice and pretty close, I think about 15 minutes or so.

Bunkhouse

It ain't bad, even had some resturants on the property.

Randy

Lord willing, and the creek don't rise I'll be there :) with bells on.

This is awesome news!

The Georgia Pards sure do miss this fine Cowboy.

Oh, and I'll be there slinging Goex down range!

:FlagAm:

Grew up in Adairsville GA, might be a good excuse to go see some family and show the wife a southern summer of hospitality. Now if I can just convince her I'm not going just for the shootin'. Not much on most of my kin from those parts.... but we won't tell her that.

I had to move this back to the top.

I just got back from The Last Last Stand and after shooting Delta Glen's stages and target layouts, I realize I have some work cut out for me.

BIG,CLOSE and LOT's of FUN!!!!!!!!

That is all I can promise.

rbrr.org will have information by Wednesday for Hotels, Camping and Match Info!!!!

Will there be any live entertainment? I figured ya'll might book Alicia Bridges (Tuco's favorite artist from the 70s) or Tony Clifton.

I really hope to make it this year.

Drifter,

If you and the old man come I am going to make you run up to Shotgun Hill before you shoot each stage that way dear ol' dad may have a chance!!!

I hope you guys can make it. I PROMISE you will have FUN!!!!

I have updated the website with WHAT'S HAPPENING and a SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (both may change a little)

There should be Hotel and Campground info up by tomorrow.

www.rbrr.org

This is where you can find it all.

Thanks,

Judge

Oh Yeah I forgot to mention "BIG and CLOSE!!!"

Hey Judge, you know I don't hear very well.

So, what did you say in that last sentence? :D

Oh yea, I'm waiting to talk with Lassiter and depending on what category he signs up in will determine what I sign up for. For example, ifn he signs up for Gunfighter, I think I sign up for Lady GF.......... :lol::lol::lol:

OOPS, can't go there cause I'd just get whooped by Last Kiss and Katlyn Rose. Both excellent LGFer's.

Do you happen to offer Grey Headed, deaf and can't see GF category?

..........Widder

Widder,

I will work on it. I can also dye Doc's hair a little more grey and he can shoot with you. Cuz he sure can't hear a thing.

I have all the info for hotels and camping available at http://rbrr.org/ so please take a look.

Well. I figured I better get this back to the top from page 7.

Does anybody want to come and shoot some

BIG and CLOSE targets the first weekend in

May???

If you do please see www.rbrr.org and sign up to visit.

It's only 18 hours from me!

And I love that part of the country. Some of the best motorcycle riding in the world just a few clicks north............

The facilities look fantastic.......seems like this event is a DNM.......................(Do Not Miss)

Well you know I'll be there, so why bother ta' ask??

:FlagAm: Wouldn't miss it, BROTHER!! :FlagAm:

Archived