SASS Wire Forum

Easter Questions

Rye Miles #13621

#1 Solid chocolate bunnies or hollow??

#2 Regular chocolate or white chocolate?

Happy Easter everyone!:lol:

None of the above.

Kulich.

Cheese pascha.

Slice, Spread, Enjoy.

Хрїстóсъ воскрéсе! Воистину воскресе!

HUH? what's Kulich and cheese pascha, sounds interesting even though it's not chocolate!^_^

HUH? what's Kulich and cheese pascha, sounds interesting even though it's not chocolate!^_^

Kulich is an Eastern European bread, somewhat like stollen or panatone, but a bit denser. Made rich with eggs and cream, and sweet with sugar, white raisins, and candied citrus peels. Usually baked in tall round forms, like coffee or tall juice cans.

Cheese pascha (or paska) is, well, here: Cheese Pascha Recipe Cream cheese and farmers cheese and eggs and cream and sugar, a touch of light colored candied fruit and raisins.

A real treat is to use the kulich as the bread for french toast (add some orange zest and juice to the eggs, along with vanilla), and slather on the butter and cheese pascha.

White chocolate should be banned by Constitutional Amendment.,

#3 Ears first or tail?

#1. Both

#2. Both

#3 Ears :D

Happy Easter to all. Enjoy the Easter bunnies while thinking of what Easter truly means for our lives.

God Bless.

#1. Both

#2. Both

#3 Ears :D

Happy Easter to all. Enjoy the Easter bunnies while thinking of what Easter truly means for our lives.

God Bless.

What Marty said.

Grizz

#1 Solid

#2 Regular (or DARK!!) (white chocolate is an abomination)

#3 Ears

#1 Solid chocolate bunnies or hollow??

#2 Regular chocolate or white chocolate?

Happy Easter everyone!:lol:

I like dark chocolate and bunnies are milk.. I would prefer a great steak and salad to sweets.. but I would consider a nice solid one as a target? lol

Guest rooster ron wayne

Please renumber Easter is about Jesus Christ and his gift to us and its not about bunny's.

with that said solid milk Chocolate !!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless all

Never let it be said that I'm hard to get along with when it comes to eating.

1. Either/both. No real preference.

2. Both. I like CHOCOLATE, period. What color it is don't matter to me.

3. Don't know. I stick them in the freezer for a couple days, pull them out and break them up by smacking them repeatedly with a hammer. Then I just reach in the bag and eat what I grab. :blush: If it's what goes over the fence last or first really don't matter after it's been introduced to Mr. Hammer repeatedly.

White chocolate should be banned by Constitutional Amendment.,

"White chocolate" is actually an oxymoron...kinda like "an honest used-car salesman," or "a conservative Democrat." It's not really a true chocolate because the cocoa solids have been removed. Just a little bit a useless trivia for you chocolate fans.

Howdy

Sooo let me get this sraight

No chocolate in white chocolate

WHOT?

Yep. Here are some additional facts, according to the good folks at Wikipedia, for what it's worth:

Despite its moniker, white chocolate is, by definition, not chocolate as it does not contain cocoa solids, the primary nutritional constituent of chocolate liquor. During the manufacturing process, the dark-colored solids of the cocao bean are separated from its fatty content, but unlike conventional chocolates such as milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate, the cocoa solids are not later recombined. As a result, white chocolate does not contain the antioxidative properties or many characterizing ingredients of chocolate, such as thiamine, riboflavin, theobromine, phenylethylamine, and serotonin.

But, if you're like me...who cares? Just as long as it's CANDY!!! :D

Yep. Here are some additional facts, according to the good folks at Wikipedia, for what it's worth:

Despite its moniker, white chocolate is, by definition, not chocolate as it does not contain cocoa solids, the primary nutritional constituent of chocolate liquor. During the manufacturing process, the dark-colored solids of the cocao bean are separated from its fatty content, but unlike conventional chocolates such as milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate, the cocoa solids are not later recombined. As a result, white chocolate does not contain the antioxidative properties or many characterizing ingredients of chocolate, such as thiamine, riboflavin, theobromine, phenylethylamine, and serotonin.

Which begs the question: Then what's the point? <_<

Cheese pascha (or paska) is, well, here: Cheese Pascha Recipe Cream cheese and farmers cheese and eggs and cream and sugar, a touch of light colored candied fruit and raisins.

so that's wut that stuff is called--it's delish and I had it once over 30 yrs ago with some Poliah friends. I always think of it at Easter; but dint know the name so never found it in any international cook books

Спасибо / Spasibo!!

Howdy

Sooo let me get this sraight

No chocolate in white chocolate

WHOT?

not really --it's no cocao--just the fat--or cocao butter

#1 Solid

#2 Regular (or DARK!!) (white chocolate is an abomination)

#3 Ears

#2 'Regular' would be MILK chocolate, although dark could be substituted in a pinch. BAMA, I agree 100%, white chocolate IS an abomination!

Slackwater

Solid is my fave but I'll take what I can get {not like I need it or anything.....}

Another vote for dark chocolate here.

I like the hammer idea, which ever piece I get a hold of first......

I'm a chocoholic for sure. I prefer quality over quantity though. I would prefer a small piece of Lindt over a large bar of Hershey's, but that's a matter of personal preference.

Your experience may vary.

I really miss the dark chocolate covered Fruit 'n Nut Creme egg they used to sell a few years back. I could make one o' those last last almost a week! :blush:

Clay, they still make those, ya jus' gotta know where ta find 'em!

Slackwater

Clay, they still make those, ya jus' gotta know where ta find 'em!

Slackwater

Please tell me where?? I haven't been able to find 'em for nigh on 10 years! :(:(

Happy Easter! See's candies in Cali-for-nia has sumptuous milk or dark chocolate covered divinity eggs, with vanilla or chocolate butter cream filling and nuts, and one with cherries and citron :P

My fave chocolate bunny joke is the twobunnies talking to each other--the one that has his tail bitten off says "My butt hurts!" and the other with his ears bitten off says, "What??" :lol: "

Please tell me where?? I haven't been able to find 'em for nigh on 10 years! :(:(

Clay, if I remember right, I saw them either at Walgreens Pharmacies, or possibly the local Winco grocery store. Good hunting.

Slackwater

My neighbors went to Spain I think it was a while back, they brought me back a bar of chocolate from their travels to say thanks for me snow blowing their walks from time to time. Sure was some good chocolate.

"White chocolate" is actually an oxymoron...kinda like "an honest used-car salesman," or "a conservative Democrat." It's not really a true chocolate because the cocoa solids have been removed. Just a little bit a useless trivia for you chocolate fans.

TRUE chocolate fans already knew that!

Archived