SASS Wire Forum

Big Ruger Announcement

Lone Dog, SASS #20401

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was Rugers proprietary handgun caliber, .458mag???, well maybe they are going to finally offer a bigger brother to the Super Blackhawk. A new single action that can handle everything available up to the Cassull? Perhaps a nice high end hammer double in 12ga? I GOT IT, how about a price reduction on their high capacity rifle magazines?

I'm bettin' SR1911 100 Year Anniversary edition. Been wrong before. Ask my wife.

Still no news at 8:00 PST.

[Edit:] News to be release Monday 03Jan11. At 2:00 PM. Who's 2:00 PM?

What was Rugers proprietary handgun caliber, .458mag???, well maybe they are going to finally offer a bigger brother to the Super Blackhawk. A new single action that can handle everything available up to the Cassull? Perhaps a nice high end hammer double in 12ga? I GOT IT, how about a price reduction on their high capacity rifle magazines?

480 Ruger. Never really caught on, altho Rossi did chamber the 92 for it.

After the Gold Label debacle, I do not anticipate any SxS from Ruger.

Still bettin' it's a 1911.

After Taurus and Remington came out with one, and being the 100th anniversary year of JMB's masterpiece, just about has to be another "ole slabsides".

Well no doubt it will be a surprise to all.

Don't matter to us Mass. residents. It won't be Mass. Compliant for a year anyway.

If it is a limited one we will never see it. But that is not what we are posting on..just had to throw that in..

MY bet would be on a 1911 for 2 reasons.

1-1911-2011 anniversary

2-and the fact that the Wild Bunch exists!!!

Unless they ain't paying attention!!!

KK

It is the Scout Rifle

T J B

No, it is NOT.

The scout was already announced several days ago.

So that cannot be IT.

It will be a 1911. I feel so sure I'd bet a dollar on it.

Usually I only bet on sure things, but I'm in a gamblin' mood.

Guest Texas Jack Black

I hope it is a 1911 .Let us hope it is at an affordable price Their AR is a little pricey.

T J B

I wish I could get any new Ruger...I first need to pay off a pard for a SS '92.

...but the email message I got from Ruger today said:

"RUGER HAS UNDOUBTEDLY CREATED THE NEXT FIREARM THAT YOU ABSOLUTLY MUST HAVE!"

GG ~ :lol:

Hadn't heard of this monumental anouncement until a few days ago ; the 1911 makes sense. Seems everybody who comes out with one sells O.K. One would think the market would be saturated by now , but appearantly not.

Go get 'em , Ruger. Rex :lol:

A new single action revolver in 38 spl with a composite frame, composite grip frame, titanium cylinder and steel lined composite barrel. Comes SASS pre approved. It comes with a short stroke action job and a much larger hammer spur. How about that, a pre approved race gun. For SASS pre approval, Ruger agrees to sponsor EOT for 5 years!

1911 makes no sense to me. Colt gives you the horse, Para gives you the double-stack & LDA, Para and Springfield and RIA and Remington give you no-frills and Wild Bunch-compatible, Kimber and a hundred others give you hop-ups. Can't see the niche Ruger could fill.

I'm guessing a 7.62x51 semi.

my guess is a 9mm LCP about the size of the kel-tec PF-9...

That'd be my guess also. The LCP was a huge success, and a sub-compact concealable 9mm would likely be another big hit, especially at a good price.

I don't think another 1911 would be considered a "must have" gun, when there are so many other makes available already.

A titanium copy of a Remington Derringer in 41 Ruger Rimfire.

Maybe bring the Old Army back.

A new single action revolver in 38 spl with a composite frame, composite grip frame, titanium cylinder and steel lined composite barrel. Comes SASS pre approved. It comes with a short stroke action job and a much larger hammer spur. How about that, a pre approved race gun. For SASS pre approval, Ruger agrees to sponsor EOT for 5 years!

Howdy,

My sources say it's a race ready pocket knife.

KK

my guess is a 9mm LCP about the size of the kel-tec PF-9...

Just not sure those meet the:

"RUGER HAS UNDOUBTEDLY CREATED THE NEXT FIREARM THAT YOU ABSOLUTLY MUST HAVE!" message received by Ruger...we'll see :blink:

GG ~ :blink:

Archived