SASS Wire Forum

Big Ruger Announcement

Lone Dog, SASS #20401

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAST FORWARD: 1400- 1/3/2011

RUGER NEWS RELEASE:

Ruger is proud to announce the release of its newest offering for the cowboy shooter, a hybrid version of the 1858 Remington Army revolver. Built on the frame of Rugers very popular New Model Vaquero, it will carry on the tradition of Rugers previous Old Model Army revolver while adding a bit of redesign to more closely resemble the physical appearance of the traditional 1858 Remington revolver. We are sure this will offer our customers the ultimate in cap and ball reliability combined with the historical appearance desired by many. The first models will be available in either stainless or blue finish with your choice of 5 1/2" or 7 1/2" barrel lengths with non adjustable sights.

FAST FORWARD: 1400- 1/3/2011

RUGER NEWS RELEASE:

Ruger is proud to announce the release of its newest offering for the cowboy shooter, a hybrid version of the 1858 Remington Army revolver. Built on the frame of Rugers very popular New Model Vaquero, it will carry on the tradition of Rugers previous Old Model Army revolver while adding a bit of redesign to more closely resemble the physical appearance of the traditional 1858 Remington revolver. We are sure this will offer our customers the ultimate in cap and ball reliability combined with the historical appearance desired by many. The first models will be available in either stainless or blue finish with your choice of 5 1/2" or 7 1/2" barrel lengths with non adjustable sights.

Bob Put me down for a pair of them! Adios Sgt. Jake

1911 makes no sense to me. Colt gives you the horse, Para gives you the double-stack & LDA, Para and Springfield and RIA and Remington give you no-frills and Wild Bunch-compatible, Kimber and a hundred others give you hop-ups. Can't see the niche Ruger could fill.

I'm guessing a 7.62x51 semi.

The SR-556 made no sense with an overloaded AR market but Ruger built one. A Ruger 1911 would be nice but I doubt it would be affordable based on the price point for their AR.

A semi 7.62 X 51 would be nice on the mini platform as long as price is in line.

Just a look at GunBroker would tell you that Rugers return to the same (or modified) Old Army would be a good bet and a sure money maker. All the fixed sighted models are basically gone especially the short barreled variants and stainless is getting harder and harder to come by. Smithy.

January 3rd is my birthday (63 if you gotta know). Maybe they are going to announce my birthday present. :)

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope you have a wonderful day, but with the midwest weather you may have to stay inside and eat cake and enjoy thinking about nice 75 degree weather and being first to shoot in your posse. Now will you still be able to get back up that hill?

Nope, ya'll got it all wrong. I heard they are coming out with the Ruchester model 1873. It'll come pre-slicked up, short stroked and have good screws in it that are not over tightened. Retail price $599.00. Factory engraving available upon request.

Capt. If that is Rugers big news,That's one Ruger I don't want or will have to have. If one thought the 25 acp is worthless the 180 acp will be able to join it. Adios Sgt. Jake

Nope, ya'll got it all wrong. I heard they are coming out with the Ruchester model 1873. It'll come pre-slicked up, short stroked and have good screws in it that are not over tightened. Retail price $599.00. Factory engraving available upon request.

And it will handle "Ruger Only" loads :)

"RUGER HAS UNDOUBTEDLY CREATED THE NEXT FIREARM THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE!"

Sounds like the Marketeer 22 Short.

I'm still betting on the SR1911. And I'll grieve, because it'll never be allowed in the Grate State of Kalifornium, past the border with Reality.

Created? Hmmmm. Even a marketeer oouldn't claim that Ruger has created a 1911. Maybe it is the 40W Plasma Rifle!

Even if it is "all that and a bag of chips" it will only add yet another gun to my wish list of guns I can't afford.

Hey Ruger! How 'bout you give me one and I'll test it out and write up reviews for ya?

From the Ruger website:

"Introducing the LC9."

Light Compact 9. Yawn.

Well if this is their announcement...it's pretty cool. Nice little carry gun in 9mm.

What's so "Yawn" about that?

:)

Looks like a handy rifle, but a 'scout' rifle with no bipod? If I remember right, an integral bipod was one of the requirements for a scout rifle.

It's just this - yeah, cool - but was hopin' for somethin' bigger, badder, more cowboy???

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html

GG ~ :)

:):FlagAm::);):lol:

#1 Bring back the Old Vaqueros and Blackhawks!

#2 And also that the RGR stock has hit $100/share!

MG

Well if this is their announcement...it's pretty cool. Nice little carry gun in 9mm.

What's so "Yawn" about that?

You're right Phantom, that was a very self-absorbed Californian yawn.

The pistol won't be sold in Kali in the near term, if ever. And I'm neither connected, wealthy, powerful, Hollywood, nor criminal enough to carry concealed.

'Course, you know that. How's Tejas treatin' you?

Hippy New Year from Kalifornia!

You're right Phantom, that was a very self-absorbed Californian yawn.

The pistol won't be sold in Kali in the near term, if ever. And I'm neither connected, wealthy, powerful, Hollywood, nor criminal enough to carry concealed.

'Course, you know that. How's Tejas treatin' you?

Hippy New Year from Kalifornia!

Oh...yeah...guess it would be "Yawn" for ya then...sorry.

The SR-556 is gas piston, right? That's the hot new thing. It's the plain ol' direct impingement AR market that's overloaded.

Yah gas piston is the new “everyone’s got to get one”. Yes gas piston is better than direct impingement but does the average guy that shoots his AR once a year going to know the difference? The SR-556 is a niche gun for people with deep pockets. I’m not knocking the gas piston system I think it’s great but in the AR platform it’s too dang expensive. If you have one I hope you like it. I cannot afford an SR-556 and if I was to ever get another AR I would build one.

Archived