SASS Wire Forum

Comin'At'Cha 2011

T-Bone SASS #36388

The 10th annual CAC will be in Nov.2011. Many of you have asked for a theme to be totally outrageous and over the top!!! Well we can push it to the end but not over... I promise you as a shooter,you, will be my top priority!!! Everything will work around the shooter. We do not have enough time do everything we would like and willing to change a few things around the Ranch.

Please post any theme ideas you may have so we can start planning for the best shoot in the World or in our part of Texas anyway !!!! Mounted shooting is a possibility on the ranch for next year. I don't know how much interest we would have.. Just in the planning stages now.. T-Bone

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T-Bone, I think you guys need to get back to basics. Just have a plain, simple side match day followed by two days of 10-10-4. Don't need all the other stuff gettin in the way. All the partying, comradarie, vendors, good food, contests, dessert thievin, Texas hospitality, you know....FUN STUFF, that just gets in the way. I don't know why ya'll insist on trying to make everybody have such a good time! They just get so distracted with the extras, why I'm surprised ya have anybody show up at all!

Now I know ya'll know I'm just kiddin. Fannie Kicker and I have THE BEST TIME at the Bar 3. I can only imagine whatever theme ya'll settle on, it will be killer, as always.

So come on pards and pardettes, put yer thinkin caps on and let's help em out with ideas for the best ever (I keep sayin I don't know how they do it, but they do!) CAC in 2011! :rolleyes:

Titus

I'm with you on this, Titus. I don't know about you and Fannie Kicker, but DANG.... I had to come back to work to get a rest! :rolleyes:

Should be OK by November 2011 though so PUT ME DOWN! I'm saving up my strength. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: HOWZA 'BOUT THE STAR WARS BAR? :rolleyes::angry::angry:

I think I'm going as B Western next year. Ought to be able to find something totally outrageous in a years time.\something in a delicate lavendar so I can wear my braids.

I just hope I can go next year.I have a ball at a shoot with a small group of shooters. I am going to do my best to make it.T-Bone everyone says your the best.

Sent "How the West Won" to Honey already !!

" SLIM "

Funny how many of us are already thinking of CAC '11. I'd say that is a true sign of enjoyment. Would you believe I just sent Honey and Nuttin idea for stages next year. Thought I would do it while the ideas were on my mind. Plenty of time to change them and/or try them. Yea, I know, several stages may take on a new look by '11. I'm thinking of a thing or two for Miss Ann's garden maybe to make it more in down range movement since perfect for that with two side burms, and we've done that sucessfully there before.

Are you getting ready for CAC '11??????

Heck yes, I had so much fun this year I'm ready for more. I'm sure it's been done alot before, but the movies of Clint Eastwood theme would be great, tons of great lines and what not.

I've been bending Miz Grizz's ear about it so much she even said she might come along but would probably sit and read a book. Heck, she's NEVER been to a match with me, so that's a big deal. Or maybe it was me tellin 'bout all the hugs I got and pics of pretty cowgirls, she might be thinkin she needs to come and keep an eye on me :rolleyes:

Grizz

Funny how many of us are already thinking of CAC '11. I'd say that is a true sign of enjoyment. Would you believe I just sent Honey and Nuttin idea for stages next year. Thought I would do it while the ideas were on my mind. Plenty of time to change them and/or try them. Yea, I know, several stages may take on a new look by '11. I'm thinking of a thing or two for Miss Ann's garden maybe to make it more in down range movement since perfect for that with two side burms, and we've done that sucessfully there before.

Are you getting ready for CAC '11??????

I like that idea.

As far a theme?????

What ever you come up with should be great.

I will just be glad to be there.

The 10th annual CAC will be in Nov.2011. Many of you have asked for a theme to be totally outrageous and over the top!!! Well we can push it to the end but not over... I promise you as a shooter,you, will be my top priority!!! Everything will work around the shooter. We do not have enough time do everything we would like and willing to change a few things around the Ranch.

Please post any theme ideas you may have so we can start planning for the best shoot in the World or in our part of Texas anyway !!!! Mounted shooting is a possibility on the ranch for next year. I don't know how much interest we would have.. Just in the planning stages now.. T-Bone

:rolleyes: T-Bone please add my thanks to you & your entire crew for a super great time. My first time there but good Lord willin' it won't by my last. Dirt Merchant ran a good tight posse #3 with just enough push to keep us moving and enough chatter to keep the smiles commin' Thanks again 2 all C-U, C.W. :rolleyes:

The Rough Riders, most of them were Texans after all.

did I mention what a great time i had? and did I say THANK YOU!!!

Still smiling,

Cheyenne Culpepper

It's Period Correct...

The Barnum & Bailey Circus (The greatest show on earth)

In 1875, Dan Castello and William Cameron Coup persuaded Barnum to lend his name and financial backing to the circus they had already created in Delavan, Wisconsin. It was called "P.T. Barnum's Great Traveling Museum, Menagerie, Caravan, and Hippodrome". The moniker "Greatest show on Earth" was added later.

Independently of Castello and Coup, James Anthony Bailey had teamed up with James E. Cooper to create the Cooper and Bailey Circus in the 1860s. The Cooper and Bailey Circus was soon Barnum's chief competitor, exhibiting "Columbia," the first baby elephant ever born in the United States.[1] She was born in March 1880 in Philadelphia, to "Babe" and "Mandarin", and later euthanized in November 1907 for aggressiveness.[citation needed] Barnum attempted to buy the elephant, and eventually agreed to combine their shows in 1881.[1] In 1882, the combined "Barnum & Bailey Circus" was successful with acts such as Jumbo, advertised as the world's largest elephant. Barnum died in 1891 and Bailey then purchased the circus from his widow. He continued touring the eastern United States until he took his circus to Europe that started on December 27, 1897 and lasted to 1902.

In 1884, five of the seven Ringling brothers had started a small circus about the same time that Barnum & Bailey were at the peak of their popularity. Similar to dozens of small circuses that toured the Midwest and the Northeast at the time, the Ringlings moved their circus from town to town in small animal-drawn caravans. Their circus rapidly grew and they were soon able to move their circus by train, which allowed them to have the largest traveling amusement enterprise of that time. Bailey's European tour gave the Ringling brothers an opportunity to move their show from the Midwest to the eastern seaboard. Faced with the new competition, Bailey took his show west of the Rockies for the first time in 1905. He died the next year and the circus was sold to the Ringling Brothers.

Just an over the top thought...

Brother King told me he's hoping for a mechanical bull int he big barn next year.

Yeah, so I could watch you and Jack Houston ride it!

B & B?! Phantom that's GOOD , though I have also suggested steampunk, (doctor Who) or pirates, oh yeah my OTHER FANTACY, SNAP, did I put that online?!

T-Bone-----October-----Not the 1st day of Deer Season--------October-----------or 3rd Weekend of November-----------Not the 1st day of Deer Season

I already brought that up!!

Mainly because 2011 is the 175th anniversary of Texas Independence!

Imagine how many "Davey Crockett's" we will have!!!

Jack, I fully agree with you on this. Myself, a leather beaded vest and a big ole KNIFE. Jim Bowie fan.

TBONE, me and Lorrie have decided to just do our dress up western stuff rather than the costume idea. I look pretty good in some of my cowboy stuff but ain't no way I looked good in a gangster suit.

I missed the bar being open in the big barn.

Let's have a barbeque cook off 2011.

I like the date of 1st weekend in Nov. Deer season don't hold a shuck to CAC.

It's Period Correct...

The Barnum & Bailey Circus (The greatest show on earth)

In 1875, Dan Castello and William Cameron Coup persuaded Barnum to lend his name and financial backing to the circus they had already created in Delavan, Wisconsin. It was called "P.T. Barnum's Great Traveling Museum, Menagerie, Caravan, and Hippodrome". The moniker "Greatest show on Earth" was added later.

Independently of Castello and Coup, James Anthony Bailey had teamed up with James E. Cooper to create the Cooper and Bailey Circus in the 1860s. The Cooper and Bailey Circus was soon Barnum's chief competitor, exhibiting "Columbia," the first baby elephant ever born in the United States.[1] She was born in March 1880 in Philadelphia, to "Babe" and "Mandarin", and later euthanized in November 1907 for aggressiveness.[citation needed] Barnum attempted to buy the elephant, and eventually agreed to combine their shows in 1881.[1] In 1882, the combined "Barnum & Bailey Circus" was successful with acts such as Jumbo, advertised as the world's largest elephant. Barnum died in 1891 and Bailey then purchased the circus from his widow. He continued touring the eastern United States until he took his circus to Europe that started on December 27, 1897 and lasted to 1902.

In 1884, five of the seven Ringling brothers had started a small circus about the same time that Barnum & Bailey were at the peak of their popularity. Similar to dozens of small circuses that toured the Midwest and the Northeast at the time, the Ringlings moved their circus from town to town in small animal-drawn caravans. Their circus rapidly grew and they were soon able to move their circus by train, which allowed them to have the largest traveling amusement enterprise of that time. Bailey's European tour gave the Ringling brothers an opportunity to move their show from the Midwest to the eastern seaboard. Faced with the new competition, Bailey took his show west of the Rockies for the first time in 1905. He died the next year and the circus was sold to the Ringling Brothers.

Just an over the top thought...

I like it, but I'm thinking someone, possibly me, might get offended by winning the best dressed clown award...without attempting to. "Get away from me! This is what I wear all the time! This is NOT makeup!" :rolleyes:

Archived