SASS Wire Forum

Comin'At'Cha 2011

T-Bone SASS #36388

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T-Bone, Lady Ghost and I had a great time at CAC this year. Dressing up like the 20's was a great theme.

But....It would have been great to have all the 20's dressers in a photo opp or had them walk across the stage. Some folks went to a lot of expense to dress the theme. Just my take on it.

We like the Texas Independence theme for 2011.

Ghost

It's Period Correct...

The Barnum & Bailey Circus (The greatest show on earth)

In 1875, Dan Castello and William Cameron Coup persuaded Barnum to lend his name and financial backing to the circus they had already created in Delavan, Wisconsin. It was called "P.T. Barnum's Great Traveling Museum, Menagerie, Caravan, and Hippodrome". The moniker "Greatest show on Earth" was added later.

Independently of Castello and Coup, James Anthony Bailey had teamed up with James E. Cooper to create the Cooper and Bailey Circus in the 1860s. The Cooper and Bailey Circus was soon Barnum's chief competitor, exhibiting "Columbia," the first baby elephant ever born in the United States.[1] She was born in March 1880 in Philadelphia, to "Babe" and "Mandarin", and later euthanized in November 1907 for aggressiveness.[citation needed] Barnum attempted to buy the elephant, and eventually agreed to combine their shows in 1881.[1] In 1882, the combined "Barnum & Bailey Circus" was successful with acts such as Jumbo, advertised as the world's largest elephant. Barnum died in 1891 and Bailey then purchased the circus from his widow. He continued touring the eastern United States until he took his circus to Europe that started on December 27, 1897 and lasted to 1902.

In 1884, five of the seven Ringling brothers had started a small circus about the same time that Barnum & Bailey were at the peak of their popularity. Similar to dozens of small circuses that toured the Midwest and the Northeast at the time, the Ringlings moved their circus from town to town in small animal-drawn caravans. Their circus rapidly grew and they were soon able to move their circus by train, which allowed them to have the largest traveling amusement enterprise of that time. Bailey's European tour gave the Ringling brothers an opportunity to move their show from the Midwest to the eastern seaboard. Faced with the new competition, Bailey took his show west of the Rockies for the first time in 1905. He died the next year and the circus was sold to the Ringling Brothers.

Just an over the top thought...

We already have enuff "Clowns" :D

Phantom.... you might be onto something also !!!! :D

Velvet--- I still can't believe it you.

Rocky ---thanks for the hair cut

Noz---you are very :D Dapper.

How about ???? Dooley Gang Reunion 2011, Dress Cowboy and blend in a DASH of purple...Guns -Gear--Clothing--carts---food. This is our 10th Surprise Party in the Badlands of the Bar 3 Ranch. Got some good ideas on this thread.. Thanks a bunch... T-Bone

How about ???? Dooley Gang Reunion 2011, Dress Cowboy and blend in a DASH of purple...Guns -Gear--Clothing--carts---food. This is our 10th Surprise Party in the Badlands of the Bar 3 Ranch. Got some good ideas on this thread.. Thanks a bunch... T-Bone

Dang it!! Got nearly a year to go...and I already can't wait!!

And Jack, last I looked, we only had one clown!

:D

The 10th annual CAC will be in Nov.2011. Many of you have asked for a theme to be totally outrageous and over the top!!! Well we can push it to the end but not over... I promise you as a shooter,you, will be my top priority!!! Everything will work around the shooter. We do not have enough time do everything we would like and willing to change a few things around the Ranch.

Please post any theme ideas you may have so we can start planning for the best shoot in the World or in our part of Texas anyway !!!! Mounted shooting is a possibility on the ranch for next year. I don't know how much interest we would have.. Just in the planning stages now.. T-Bone

Signed up, paid up, can't wait!!!!! "Remember the Alamo" I like it.

Big Daddy Jenks

Ah, "Riders of the Purple..........." I like that.

Jack, I fully agree with you on this. Myself, a leather beaded vest and a big ole KNIFE. Jim Bowie fan.

Honey is still working or she would get in on this...........

How about 'All Purple All the Time". How would it look to have an all out Purple Classic Cowboy, or a B Western shooter decked out in a sequin Purple shirt with a special lavendar silk ascott (I think thats what you call it).

On Saturday night imagine a barn full of beautiful ladies in purple victorian dresses, men in purple frock coats, and folks in Purple buckskins celebrating Texas's 175th birthday.

It is the 10th Annual Comin' at Cha held at the Bar 3 Ranch home of the World Famous Dooley Gang Entertainment Complex. Did I say ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX!!!!

Maybe I'm just going overboard. I'm so excited I can't sleep.

Honey is still working or she would get in on this...........

How about 'All Purple All the Time". How would it look to have an all out Purple Classic Cowboy, or a B Western shooter decked out in a sequin Purple shirt with a special lavendar silk ascott (I think thats what you call it).

On Saturday night imagine a barn full of beautiful ladies in purple victorian dresses, men in purple frock coats, and folks in Purple buckskins celebrating Texas's 175th birthday.

It is the 10th Annual Comin' at Cha held at the Bar 3 Ranch home of the World Famous Dooley Gang Entertainment Complex. Did I say ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX!!!!

Maybe I'm just going overboard. I'm so excited I can't sleep.

THAT'S WHAT IMA TALKIN BOUT!

That would be Man Overboard !!!! No wait, we are still in Fantasy Land.----- Or---- Oz-----. ----Or----- Battle Ship----Or Star Wars---- Where are we???? Beam me up Nuttin' !!!! Back Off Buster--- Ride Hard ---- Watch and wait... CAC 2011 will be the Grand Daddy of them all. Will we get all the old timmers back?? Will Willie Dee and Shotgunner bring back Slim and Amos ?? Will Grizzly Bear ride up on a lawn mower? Is all this clowning around gonna work??? Who knows But I would like to see them... How about we call it ''The Dooley Gang Reunion" with lots of friends. Ya'll sign up we are only taking 300 more shooters,, that's right over 100 has already signed up. WOW..... 10 years of Cowboys here on the Ranch....... See Ya at Mose next week... T-Bone

PURPLE!!!!

YES YES!

Purple gets my vote

I can't wait to see Honey in those awesome purple chaps!

I have to agree with Jack on this one... we have enough clowns at the Bar 3.

....surrounded by clowns.... I'd never sleep again

I just got a mental picture of Mose dressed up as Barney the purple Dinosaur.

Pass the brain bleach please.

I had already pictured Ain't Dunit as Barney

He does dance better than Barney the dinosaur though.

Who needs Barney....... We plan for the Dooley Ness Monster to be on display in the new holding pen T-Bone has built down by the lake. It'll be my job to bait him up into the pen with a long line of Twinkies. I've caught both T-Bone and Cowhand using that method before. T-Bone's favorite is Ho Ho's not Twinkies.

I think Ringo Fire is plannning on using the Dooley Ness Monster for mounted shooting if he can find a saddle with a long enough cinch.

I saw the most fabulous sight in the World. For English, Tx. that is!!!!! Yesterday while putting out the bait for the Dooley Gang Monster Cowhand looked up in the sky as I saw him stare in a biss his knees buckled and jaw dropped. I that we had just be abducted by some outer space experiment space ship. I turned and looked myself;;; then it happened an Eagle swooped down[[Really Did]] and took the bait right out of my hands. The Eagle was very large and it's wings knocked my hat off, while the Eagle fluttered in flight I was amazed by the beauty of this bird. We talked about the Eagle all day long, just could not stop.

Now this morning I was out on my morning workout run when again from now where and out of the heavens above the Eagle flew by me and landed in a tree just 20-30 yards away from me.. It was a sight to see !!!!Unbelievable!!!!! and then,, As Cowhand as my witness. I swear a BABY EAGLE flew up and landed beside it's mother or daddy. I stopped traffic on the road in hopes to get a camera---with no luck. :wacko::P I now have a new mission and other animals to feed. This really happened !!!! T-Bone

How about a John Wayne theme. Any movie. Women too.

Specifically his Westerns.............

Let the stages begin with my favorite movie lines:

"That's Bold Talk from a One-Eyed Fat Man"

"Fill yer hands, You S.O.B."

etc, etc

we were coming out of Cuba NM ... about 300 of us on motorcycles and about 275 of those were being ridden by Navajo and Hopi Veterans, when a huge golden eagle launched off a highway cutbank about 100 feet above the road. Me and a Native Marine Vet were leading this pack to Benalillo NM and that eagle flew over us for about 1 1/2 miles at about 50-100 feet overhead. He absolutely followed right over us even as riders and cars honked and the mountain road turned following the river.

When we got to Bernalillo at the gas stop each and every one of the Native riders came up and shook my hand. Most were in tears and all were thanking me for taking them on such a magical ride. Heck, I was just proud that they let me ride with them. It was truly one of the most humbling experiences of my life.

Turns out that the big prey birds, eagles, hawks, owls all have special meaning and BIG medicine and spirit message for the Native tribes.... all of them according to one of my friends who should know.

I just made a call to find out what the deal is with your experience. My friend says that the big bird chose you to take an offering, Mr. Tbone, for some special meaning that you may want to pay careful attention to over the next days.

How cool is that?

A bald eagle selected our house location for us.

I saw the most fabulous sight in the World. For English, Tx. that is!!!!! Yesterday while putting out the bait for the Dooley Gang Monster Cowhand looked up in the sky as I saw him stare in a biss his knees buckled and jaw dropped. I that we had just be abducted by some outer space experiment space ship. I turned and looked myself;;; then it happened an Eagle swooped down[[Really Did]] and took the bait right out of my hands. The Eagle was very large and it's wings knocked my hat off, while the Eagle fluttered in flight I was amazed by the beauty of this bird. We talked about the Eagle all day long, just could not stop.

Now this morning I was out on my morning workout run when again from now where and out of the heavens above the Eagle flew by me and landed in a tree just 20-30 yards away from me.. It was a sight to see !!!!Unbelievable!!!!! and then,, As Cowhand as my witness. I swear a BABY EAGLE flew up and landed beside it's mother or daddy. I stopped traffic on the road in hopes to get a camera---with no luck. :wacko::P I now have a new mission and other animals to feed. This really happened !!!! T-Bone

TBone!!

I can verify this to a point. While at CAC I happened to witness this bird Thursday/Friday/Saturday mornings on and off for about 2-3 hours. It was really way kewl, didn't say much to others as I assumed(you know what happens there) ya'll already knew about it. Glad you got to see such a great and Spiritual experience.

Capt Hill (who loves birds of prey)

A neighbor stopped by as I was ridding my horse Hank and told me 3 more Eagles were spotted on the Clarksville City Lake this morning also. This news is great. Now we need some prehistoric Condors to fly over. Lots of things happen around here.. T-Bone

A neighbor stopped by as I was ridding my horse Hank and told me 3 more Eagles were spotted on the Clarksville City Lake this morning also. This news is great. Now we need some prehistoric Condors to fly over. Lots of things happen around here.. T-Bone

:o:wacko:;)

Going to be in east Texas all next week well bring camera .May be I can get a picture of COWHAND,T-BONE,HANK and the EAGLE

B):P:blink:

After long deliberation and careful thought it came to me what Comin At Cha 2011 should be. With no further wait:

Here it is

This is a good one

It is worth the wait

Wait for it

Comin At Cha 2011 "Purple Rain"

What else can it be. Nuttin sucks as a weather man. We have been blessed with rain the last two years, and a Dooley Gang Reunion and everyone in purple on a 10 year anniversary would be awesome.

Just my thoughts

DC

PS tbone seeing the eagle is awesome too. We had a few around our farm where we hunt nesting by my dads stand it was cool to watch.

Well you all know there's a lot of things to like about the Dooley Gang and CAC. I particularly like the patrotism that shines SOOOO how about a Red, White, Blue, and Purple theme. Hey, we now have Bald Eagles mascots (no offense Dooley Dog), . Those who are not full Dooley Gang members or don't wear the purple can still show their true colors on Sat night with an articule of Red, White, and Blue. Just a thought and it is only 50 weeks away.

Thanks to all who has replied... We are having a Bald Eagle scout meeting tonight.. Stop it !!! I'm a Junior Bald Eagle Scout. Cpt. Carl will lead the meeting.... Red White and Blue a great thing Billy. Our colors don't run and we will stand toe to toe with our neibors to fight for OUR Country. This is our Land lets take care of It. T-Bone

Now this morning I was out on my morning workout run when again from now where and out of the heavens above the Eagle flew by me and landed in a tree just 20-30 yards away from me.. It was a sight to see !!!!Unbelievable!!!!! and then,, As Cowhand as my witness. I swear a BABY EAGLE flew up and landed beside it's mother or daddy. I stopped traffic on the road in hopes to get a camera---with no luck. :unsure:;) I now have a new mission and other animals to feed. This really happened !!!! T-Bone

yes folks.........this really happen and yes.........very hard to beleive. That was a day to remember and I always will. The event all happen to weeks to late....dang! Wished more floks where there to see what took place on that special day at the Bar Three.

Cowhand :lol:

After long deliberation and careful thought it came to me what Comin At Cha 2011 should be. With no further wait:

Here it is

This is a good one

It is worth the wait

Wait for it

Comin At Cha 2011 "Purple Rain"

What else can it be. Nuttin sucks as a weather man. We have been blessed with rain the last two years, and a Dooley Gang Reunion and everyone in purple on a 10 year anniversary would be awesome.

Just my thoughts

DC

PS tbone seeing the eagle is awesome too. We had a few around our farm where we hunt nesting by my dads stand it was cool to watch.

Purple Rain??? TBone would have to tie one of them purple bands around his sack to be able to sing like Prince...

Just Kidding...

KDD

Archived