SASS Wire Forum

Pictures of horses

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Ridden by too many overweight SASS members:

IMG_3571.thumb.jpeg.b5049a73318ec542cae52c46811dc36c.jpeg

In a previous life this was a little girl trying to learn how to shoot.

See why you always make them stand up straight and not lean back.

• Like 1

How about a Z Donk! Half Zebra half Donkey! Youd think it would be shaped like a donkey and striped like a zebra or vice versa

But the front half is donkey and the back half is zebra!

20201110_104107.jpg

20201110_104110.jpg

Edited by T.K.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Here we have a zebra-horse (I guess they couldn't come up with a cute name for that)

Zebra-horse.jpg.d34ada7da41e417238b0cb350620b530.jpg

And here we have a zebkey

zebkey.jpg.9b1551d245fc2a828efc9de6586a2257.jpg

If they ever make an animal version of The wizard of Oz, she could play the witch that Dorothy drops the house on. Already got the striped stockings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

image.jpeg

Cat's Dancing Flame (aka "Danny")

Bought from the Flying "M" trail string back in the early '80's.
Would've been a great partner for mounted shooting.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 4/20/2024 at 10:13 PM, Alpo said:

Here we have a zebra-horse (I guess they couldn't come up with a cute name for that)

Zebra-horse.jpg.d34ada7da41e417238b0cb350620b530.jpg

And here we have a zebkey

zebkey.jpg.9b1551d245fc2a828efc9de6586a2257.jpg

If they ever make an animal version of The wizard of Oz, she could play the witch that Dorothy drops the house on. Already got the striped stockings.

Zebra in back looks like a horrified father in denial he sired

• Haha 3

I used to say that I didn’t like black motorcycles. One day my wife pointed out that most of my motorcycles were black. 
She also informed me that she knows I love jet black horses because I will stop whatever I am doing to look at a black horse and that I always comment about how beautiful a black horse is on shows and movies. 
I guess I like things that stir my soul that are jet black.

image.jpeg.4e63992b7bf846e951913524caf68057.jpeg

image.jpeg.12fa8327c195c0196137796aad029ebf.jpeg

image.jpeg.e722cba7012f2d6955f02fd50b804253.jpeg

I do not ride horses. Never really learned. I have ridden but not enough to amount to much experience. 

My favorite horse was a horse in the next stall over from my daughter’s horse at an equestrian center in CA. 
The horse’s name was Top Gun. He was jet black and a beautiful horse. The owner said he hated men. Probably because men abused him. He did like me though. I brought him treats when I went with my daughter to check on her horse. Carrots and apples. He especially liked Granny Smiths but any apple was fine. 
Top Gun’s owner was taken aback by how much he liked me. She offered to let me ride him. I declined. I told her “He’s my friend. I don’t ride my friends.” Then I smiled and handed Top Gun another apple. In reality I didn’t want to because I had no idea what to do once on the horse and I figured Top Gun might just take advantage of that doubt and hesitation. :lol:
He was a beauty. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

An older picture of AB at a show, and a much newer one of her current horse, with her in the background, my youngest daughter holding the lead.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

• Like 5

I thought "paint" horses were called paints because they had blotches of color - usually black but occasionally brown - scattered here and there around their body. They weren't all gray.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 8:59 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That poor old soldier deserves a peaceful end to his carrer.  That makes me both sad and angry.

Lead him 2-3 miles from the bldgs and put him down. Becomes part of the food chain for the coyotes and magpies.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

I thought "paint" horses were called paints because they had blotches of color - usually black but occasionally brown - scattered here and there around their body. They weren't all gray.

He is gray and white. Gray fades out as they age. His skin is gray and white, which you can see when he's wet. 

Edited by Grumpy Old Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The yeller horse-1988 APHA Honor Roll Cowpony horse. She has A large enough white spot in the center of her udder.. Trinity Heir.

Trinity Heir.jpg

Edited by Grumpy Old Man
  • Like 4