SASS Wire Forum

sxs

Snakebite

Has anyone tried the New Tri Start SXS single trigger? Or the New Charles Daily SXS single trigger. I tried the CZ and didn't like it. SKBs are getting like Hen's teeth to find. I want to get one for my wife to try. 

Snakebite. 

48 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Has anyone tried the New Tri Start SXS single trigger? Or the New Charles Daily SXS single trigger. I tried the CZ and didn't like it. SKBs are getting like Hen's teeth to find. I want to get one for my wife to try. 

Snakebite. 

Oh, I don’t know about that. I have an SKB I might be willing to part with. Maybe 

I have a SKB 20ga 24 inch barrels and English stock I MIGHT be willing to part with if'in you wanna pack 20ga.

17 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Or the New Charles Daily SXS single trigger. I tried the CZ and didn't like it.

Aren't the Charles Daily and the CZ are basically the same gun with cosmetic differences, and name.

10 minutes ago, Big Iron Buster said:

Doug try the Charles Daly 512, wife has 2 and really likes them. And they come chocked.

big iron Buster 

Hey you Old Goat. Get off the wire and answer your phone!

On 3/26/2024 at 8:22 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Ithaca model 100

I think. It’s what it says. 
Work by Doc Noper, I assume. Bought it from him.

Doc Noper does top notch work!!!

• Like 2

I've got two 512's, one imported by Charles Daly, and the other an EAA Churchill.  Both were made race ready by Run N Iron, I had him get a regular 512 and had him shorten the barrels to 22 inches and he turned the actions, they are slick as heck.  Only draw back is you loose the choke tubes, but I've never had an issue with that...

18 hours ago, Cemetery said:

Aren't the Charles Daily and the CZ are basically the same gun with cosmetic differences, and name.

No! Both are from Turkey, but two different factories.

CZ is from Huglu, Charles Daly is from Akkar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lassy LaRock said:

No! Both are from Turkey, but two different factories.

CZ is from Huglu, Charles Daly is from Akkar.

That's good to hear. I bought a CZ Sharp Tail and didn't care for it. 

Howdy Snake,

Just a thought. My main match hammer double is an old Rossi. I'm very happy with it now that I down load my 12 ga. shells. It's very light and it can really kick with even fairly light factory loads. My point (finally) is don't get carried away with getting a really light shotgun unless you plan on down loading your own shells. 

My back up hammer gun is Turkish Liberty two. It's much heavier and much more pleasant to shoot with factory loads. You may ask why it is not my main gun. Simply put the hammer springs have never been addressed (yet) so it's harder to cock, but otherwise it seems to be a well made gun.

For what it's worth,

Rev. Chase 

Howdy Rev. Yes, the old Rossi Hammered double is a very good gun. I've had one for 30 yrs. I don't use it for CAS any longer since switching to a BSS many years ago. As for loading my own shotgun shells my dad got me started doing that in 1963 and I've been doing it ever since.  The gun will be for my wife's use. She now shoots a Browning BSS that had been cut down on both ends for a young shooter. We thought it would work out, and though It is an excellent gun it has not proved to be the best choice for her.  I want to get her a gun that I can start fresh with and custom fit/tune for her.   She claims to be 5' 3", but I think that she is stretching the truth a bit! She is a youthful 75 yrs (claims only 39) so I guess she can have what ever she wants. Thanks for your input. 

Snakebite 

20 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

Doc Noper does top notch work!!!

I SECOND that!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just got back from the Candy Store. Ordered a Charles Daly 512 

Edited by Snakebite
  • Like 1

ive not got personal experience with these but ive seen a lot of high school shooters with both the tri star and the SKB shotguns , they have been standing up to the riggers of that sport quite well , have not heard of any needing repairs so far , 

4 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Great gun. I bought the 30'' Sporter, I know that they are much lighter than a Trap gun but I had to add some weights as it kicked like a mule..come to think of it more like an elephant !!!

I hope the gun comes with a guarantee that I will be able to shoot it like Deuce does in the video. :D

Snakebite

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I hope the gun comes with a guarantee that I will be able to shoot it like Deuce does in the video. :D

Snakebite

I actually timed his run. I beat his overall time, then I moved on to the next two shells. :P

Edited by Snakebite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 5:01 PM, Snakebite said:

That's what Whirlwind Wendy shoots. Loves hers.

43 minutes ago, Flying W Ramrod said:

That's what Whirlwind Wendy shoots. Loves hers.

Hello Wayne, that is encouraging, but I might look funny in one of those little skirts that she wears. 

• Haha 1