SASS Wire Forum

Lighthearted Modern Complaints

Is it just me, or does anybody else get annoyed that you simply can't buy regular paper towels? I like a standard, (what they're now calling "full") sheet. I shouldn't have to watch where the dang thing decides to tear so that I can get a whole sheet.

What say you, and what else ya' got?

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Is it just me, or does anybody else get annoyed that you simply can't buy regular paper towels? I like a standard, (what they're now calling "full") sheet. I shouldn't have to watch where the dang thing decides to tear so that I can get a whole sheet.

I just bought two rolls of regular paper towels.

What irks me with them now, is the rolls are larger and don't fit in a standard holder until you use a bunch. I do prefer the half sheet perforations. 

I go through a huge amount of these every month with all the lodge meals I do.
I much prefer the half sheet... much less waste for the jobs I need to do.

I prefer the 'select a size' sheets. Usually use the 1/2 size sheet but like the ability to opt for a full sheet or 1.5 sheets.

I buy the Sams Club brand of paper towels with 'select a size'. I used to buy Bounty but got tired of wasting 3 or 4 full size sheets trying to get the roll started due to Bounty's gratuitous use of glue on the first few sheet and last sheets...and the fact that the Sams towels are actually better for my uses.

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I buy full, half, and quarter sheets all the time.  Just have to look carefully at what's on the shelf.

My complaint is sizes.  I live alone and almost everything comes in large, family, gigantic, and humongous sizes.  Some doesn't keep well, almost none fits my tiny little pantry closet, and I throw away lot because I just don't want to keep it around any more.

In my house in Oregon I had two paper towel mounted dispensers. One for full sheets one for half. In SoCal I had two tabletop towel rollers for each. Here in WV I literally do not have the room for storage of large packs of paper towels we get at Sam’s Club so we just use the half sheet rolls and I just have to be careful when tearing them. 

On 2/16/2024 at 4:32 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I just bought two rolls of regular paper towels.

I bought from Costco, so I have about 3 years supply.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Okay. Here's another one: Has anybody else noticed that the toilet paper has gotten narrower by about 3/4 of an inch over the last several years?

Yes. I buy POM brand, at Sam's. HeIT comes in a big box and each roll ofIS individually wrapped.

I threw a couple of rolls in the truck. Just in case. Then one day I discovered that I was out of toilet paper. Had none in the house. Fortunately I had these two rolls out ofIN the truck. I go out and bring them in, put one in the medicine cabinet and unwrap the other one and use it. The next day I go to Sam's and buy another box. I open the box and take three or four rolls back to the bathroom to put in the medicine cabinet. And I noticed that the new stuff is shorter than that old roll, that had been in the truck for a couple of years.

Edited by Alpo
otto seems to have a lot of trouble with short words
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I always take a full sheet on the toilet. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Okay. Here's another one: Has anybody else noticed that the toilet paper has gotten narrower by about 3/4 of an inch over the last several years?

Hard not to notice, the old rolls used to span almost the entire roller, not now.

3 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Does it work the same?

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Depends on the size of your butt. 

A wife tells her husband that she wants to have breast enlargement surgery.

The husband, knowing that the surgery is not cheap, tells his wife that another method of breast enlargement is to take a wad of toilet paper and rub it between her breasts for 6 months.

At the end of 6 months, she tells her husband that she doesn't think that the toilet paper method is working.

He says "I don't know why not, it worked on your a**.":o

• Haha 1

Just now, Cypress Sun said:

A wife tells her husband that she wants to have breast enlargement surgery.

The husband, knowing that the surgery is not cheap, tells his wife that another method of breast enlargement is to take a wad of toilet paper and rub it between her breasts for 6 months.

At the end of 6 months, she tells her husband that she doesn't think that the toilet paper method is working.

He says "I don't know why not, it worked on your a**.":o

Well, to be fair, I'm sure that it YEARS to work on her a**. 6 months just isn't long enough.

• Haha 2