SASS Wire Forum

My turn to seek out the Prayer Posse

Prayers back up this morning for Schoolmarm and Blackwater. Adding Imis today as well for a quick recovery.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Just as an aside, my unofficially adopted brother, Imis, had some surgery yesterday. His wife, Jersey Brat, has him home now and he is recovering.

Y’all toss a prayer up for him for a speedy recovery??

To quote our pards from Down Under, "No worries, mate!"

(Always wanted to say that!)

Adding them to the Stand Up On My Knees List!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When the doc says, "To clean up any remaining infection," that implies there is some.

Don't let that stuff flare up again, my friend ... too many years as a medical professional, don't give it a chance to acclimatize to your antibiotics and eat any more of your honorable self!

(Easy for me to say. My wife's not the one who's still laid up!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dang Brother Blackwater, I just now saw this thread, and its Feb 23rd.    So sorry for the

late response.

Matters like this concern me and for sure, Schoolmarm and you will be in my thoughts and

at the top of the prayer list.    Ifn ya need anything, just holler..... I'm just down the highway.

Love Y'all Brother.

..........Widder

• Thanks 1

Schoolmarm is, again, sitting up and she has had one round of PT this morning.  They told her this morning that she was out of the Covid protocols.  That’s good news ‘cause now she can concentrate on her other issues more freely.

The kidney function continues to improve to the point where she’ll come off the catheter this afternoon.  A major step!!

Altogether, a pretty good day!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Praying tomorrow is a better day for all 4 of you.

• Thanks 1

Back up this morning, Prayers for continued healing for Schoolmarm, Blackwater and Imis.

• Thanks 1

I am very glad Schoolmarm and that thug are doing well. Actually I am ecstatic. And Im improving too. Thank you all for prayers for all of us. Family helps.

Imis

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Schoolmarm is starting to eat a little more.  Hospital food is mostly disgusting, but now and then they slip up and serve something edible.

Had physical therapy today and is sitting in a chair napping right now.  She’s feeling well enough to be GRUMPY as all getout!!

AND!! I am NOT a thug!  I will have you know that am a certified HOOLIGAN!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 1:01 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Schoolmarm is, again, sitting up and she has had one round of PT this morning.  They told her this morning that she was out of the Covid protocols.  That’s good news ‘cause now she can concentrate on her other issues more freely.

The kidney function continues to improve to the point where she’ll come off the catheter this afternoon.  A major step!!

Altogether, a pretty good day!

Good news indeed. Thanks for the update. 

• Thanks 1

I didn’t arrive until noon today. Schoolmarm is sitting up and watching NCIS reruns.  The doctor had been in and told her that she was doing better.  Her therapist decided that she is now ready to go to rehab, barring any other problems.

I fried up some bacon for her before I left the house this morning.  She’s been complaining that the breakfasts are terrible and that they NEVER have bacon, SOOO!!

Her sister is bringing bananas and watermelon, of all things, because they don’t serve them either!!

I’m seeing my foot doctor tomorrow morning, so tomorrow’s report may be slightly delayed.

I reckon that’s about all to report for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I didn’t arrive until noon today. Schoolmarm is sitting up and watching NCIS reruns.  The doctor had been in and told her that she was doing better.  Her therapist decided that she is now ready to go to rehab, barring any other problems.

I fried up some bacon for her before I left the house this morning.  She’s been complaining that the breakfasts are terrible and that they NEVER have bacon, SOOO!!

Her sister is bringing bananas and watermelon, of all things, because they don’t serve them either!!

I’m seeing my foot doctor tomorrow morning, so tomorrow’s report may be slightly delayed.

I'm still in for prayers for recovery for y'all. HE will do remarkable things when asked in prayer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this good report. Praying for your appointment tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Blackwater, Prayers still going up today for you Schoolmarm and your friend Imis. So glad to hear that Schoolmarm is continuing to improve. The bacon should help for sure. One thing that's good at our hospital is the food. The menu compares to a decent restaurant and actually is good!

• Thanks 1

First! Let’s cover Schoolmarm’s situation.  Both of her doctors have been in this morning and were very positive about her progress. They HAVE decided to possibly do a biopsy on her kidneys to be sure that they haven’t missed anything. 

She’s eating a little better, but a very little. 

They’re making preparations to move her into rehab, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

My foot doctor wants to put me in the hospital no later than Friday lunchtime.  They’re going to do surgery on Saturday and then again Monday to close the incision. That will be a major change.  In all of the previous surgeries, they left the incision open, claiming that it had to heal from the inside out.  EVERY TIME that they have done that, I have gotten another infection!

Hopefully, this will be a better answer!

Thanks a million, y’all!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

More great news Blackwater! Hopefully this Posse can get both of you back to good health. Prayers to continue daily Pard.

From my experience, the Prayer Posse is the best.:wub:

• Thanks 1

Just a quick update! Occupational therapy was just here and they have her up walking and took off up the hall!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'm continuing my prayers for both of you.

As are we all.

• Thanks 1

I’m hoping all proceeds positively & that foot heals up nicely. There’s light at the end of the tunnel, it gets closer all of the time & is so nice when you both get there! Sending positive thoughts!

• Thanks 1

I ain't run out of prayers for you yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to take a moment to thank all of the folks who have called and texted us personally with support and words of encouragement!!  You all have no idea how much that means to both of us!  THANK YOU ALL!!!

Good news this morning! They have decided that for the moment, a biopsy will NOT be necessary.  Schoolmarm’s kidney function has made marked improvement in the last couple of days!!  They are also discontinuing the IV fluids tonight.

She has been up and walking this morning and has even started eating a little bit more!

All good news for now!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Yay!:D that's wonderful news Blackwater, thanks for the update.

• Thanks 1

Great news!

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 12:53 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Good news! Praying for you both. She's right, hospital breakfast is usually disgusting. Some years ago when I was in one I opened the plate and there was these two funny looking things that looked like triangular graham crackers. What the $&?? Turns out they were theoretically French toast. I'm not much of a fan even when it's good and these looked like a horse rolled on them ! Bite or two persuaded me to pass. 
JHC :blink:

• Haha 1

Blackwater, Prayers heading back up this morning for Schoolmarm, Imis, and yourself. Keep up the healing Pards.

Eyesa & Ellie 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

havent posted but have been reading and praying , i see there is improvement and hope your taking better care of yourself as well , continuing prayers for speedy recovery , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1