SASS Wire Forum

My turn to seek out the Prayer Posse

I got to the hospital at around 12:30. Brought her a couple of chocolate chip and salted caramel cookies. 

She had a restless night with an episode of low blood sugar.  She’d asked if there was something that she could eat and settled on a popsicle.

When I arrived, her sugar numbers were back to normal and she’d eaten some of her breakfast along with some fruit.

Her ph numbers are better but not up to proper levels yet. Kidney function has improved and looking a lot better. Still receiving fluids and they are giving her another unit of blood to augment her ph levels.

She says to tell everyone thank you for you care and support.  The prayers are working!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

image.png.1707c79229b41fcf7291a8a0c9edb54d.png

"You remain in our thoughts and in our prayers,

which are sometimes just those wordless cries for God’s mercy and grace to be with you."

• Thanks 2

SOMETHING IS WORKING!!

I arrived at the room this morning to find Schoolmarm sitting in a chair!  She had already been to an occupational therapy session and a physical therapy session too!

Still receiving fluids and her blood sugar fluctuates a lot. Her appetite is still lousy, but everything seems to be moving in the right direction.

The texts and phone calls and pictures have really been a spark and the cowboy community is the very best!!

YOU FOLKS ROAR!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Wonderful news Blackwater! So happy to hear the Posse is working. Prayers to continue for you and Schoolmarm. Yay!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've been praying for both of you since we got the news down in Steinhatchee & will continue to do so until we hear healing is complete.  Big hugs to both.

• Thanks 1

Great news, continuing prayers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MizPete said:

We've been praying for both of you since we got the news down in Steinhatchee & will continue to do so until we hear healing is complete.  Big hugs to both.

I showed the pictures that Korupt Karl sent to Schoolmarm!!  Damned Good medicine!

I think she’d like to grab up the whole bunch of ya’s and hug ya’s ‘til you squeaked!!

an aside:  Tell Petey the beard looks great!! B)

• Like 5

Crikey things can happen so fast..been away a week & see this when I get back.

Blackwater my friend give Schoolmarm a bucket full of hugs from me.. she has to fully recover & that's an order, & you have to take care of yourself as well....best wishes to you both, healing & prayer on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh Blackwater, just now seeing this!  So glad that Schoolmarm is doing better.  You my friend need to take care of yourself too!  Lot's of hugs, loves, and prayers coming your way.  

• Thanks 1

Good morning Blackwater, Prayers continuing up today for more healing for you and Schoolmarm. Keep up the good work Pards.

Ellie & Eyesa 

• Thanks 1

Praying this AM for you both.

• Thanks 1

I got to the hospital this morning and Schoolmarm was again sitting in the chair.

The rehab therapists had already been there again and had put her through her paces.

I spoke to the rehab director who told me that she would probably be in rehab for a couple of weeks.  We’re waiting on a face to face with them now.

Her vitals are all good and the pH numbers continue to improve. I just wish her appetite would get better!!

She’s brushing her teeth and combing her hair on her own now.

Things continue to improve slowly.

Thanks again, EVERYBODY!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

One of the physical therapists made a second trip after lunch a while ago. He had her up and walking back and forth to the door of the room.  She had a walker, but was mostly pushing it rather than leaning on it.

He was pleased with what she was able to do and gave her a couple of exercises to do.

She’s napping now and I will probably head back home after the news on TV goes off.

I took a couple of pictures of her walking, but she said she would shoot me if I put ‘em up!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I took a couple of pictures of her walking, but she said she would shoot me if I put ‘em up!!

I'll be the first to volunteer as a spotter to make sure she has a clean stage! :P

Glad she's improving. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

God hears and answers prayer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got to her room and she was laying down.  She said that she has a tummy ache and they gave her something that is making her sleepy.

She ate rice crispies for breakfast and was rather pleased with herself.

Probably having PT a little later.  Everything is still showing slow improvement.

Not much more to tell right now.

We are both very thankful for all of you!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Still praying Amigo

• Thanks 1

Prayers for both of you continuing on this side of the Medicine Line.

Special mention for both of you at Wednesday Evensong.

• Thanks 1

Prayers back up this morning for Schoolmarm and Blackwater. Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

She’s sitting up today!  Already had a round of occupational therapy.  Her blood sugar is still staying low, so they have her eating fruit and glucose paste.

Her kidney doctor said that her numbers are getting better.  They’re looking at an inpatient rehab of about 14 days.

I did my own doctor visit this morning.  I’m mostly holding my own. The doctor wants to operate on the foot again to clean up any remaining infection and remove some bone fragments.  I told her that as soon as I can get Schoolmarm to where she can manage, we’ll get it done.  It may take two procedures, but the “wound” will be closed before I leave the hospital.  That will be a first and we’re finally not just doing the same thing again and again!

ANYWAY! Schoolmarm is doing better and says thanks again for all your prayers!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the update BW. Hope they get you resolved as well. It's sure been a long road.

• Thanks 1

Just as an aside, my unofficially adopted brother, Imis, had some surgery yesterday. His wife, Jersey Brat, has him home now and he is recovering.

Y’all toss a prayer up for him for a speedy recovery??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Gonna have all 4 of you on the prayer list now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2