SASS Wire Forum

Good! Lock him up! No he didn’t murder the girl but it’s involuntary manslaughter for sure. He should do some time as well as the gun armorer!

Glad I am not an Arizonia Taxpayer that has to pay MILLIONS in lawyer fees to get a MAXIMUM of 18 months jail time. Probably allowing a large number of other criminals to either not be charged or plea-bargained down to nothing due to lack of funds.

Personally, I don't feel he should go to jail for the ND. Should he have done the most basic of checks, YES. And his videoed bio saying he is an actor that is competent with all manner of guns is going to bury him. But he is an actor without a brain, that is not their job.

He should go to jail for involuntary manslaughter after hiring an inexperienced armorer, giving her additional prop. duties that other armorers offered the job refused to do, and not allowing her to be on set when an ARM was being used. What is the point of hiring an ARMORER if they are not on set when an ARM is being used???

Assistant Director David Halls is guilty as sin for saying "Cold Gun" without checking it and is lucky to plea-bargain down to 6 months.

How is the armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed guilty when she was "not allowed on the set" due to Covid that day?

1 minute ago, Itchy Trigger said:

How is the armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed guilty when she was "not allowed on the set" due to Covid that day?

I'm not saying she is guilty (and I heard she was assigned other duties that day) and keeping in mind what we "think" we know and what we don't know:

First she is the armorer

Second how did live ammo get mixed in with what were supposed to be blanks

My GUESSES

Based on what I "think" I know, she probably gets a pass on with whatever went on with the gun(s) the day of the shooting since allegedly she wasn't present.  However allowing live ammo to get mixed in with blanks and possibly leaving the ammo easily accessible is what might get her convicted.

3 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I'm not saying she is guilty (and I heard she was assigned other duties that day) and keeping in mind what we "think" we know and what we don't know:

First she is the armorer

My GUESSES

Based on what I "think" I know, she probably gets a pass on with whatever went on with the gun(s) the day of the shooting since allegedly she wasn't present.  However allowing live ammo to get mixed in with blanks and possibly leaving the ammo easily accessible is what might get her convicted.

My understanding is she was fired and relieved of her duties before the event. If so, I hope the jury sees she had no culpability.

I base this on "my understanding" and "if" due to the many news reports with conflicting information.

Not that I would make it to being on the jury, I strongly disagree with the movie industry separating the individual holding a firearm from the individual certifying it is safe to hold.

im glad to see this , i think if there are going to be unreasonable gun laws they need to prosecute the gun crimes , same as i feel about hunter biden , other folks like us woiuld get charged - those people are not above the law 

The armorer is charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter, and she is going to trial in February.   IT, Santa Fe County is in New Mexico not Arizona.  Arizona taxpayers are not on the hook for these prosecutions.  The State of New Mexico is flush with oil royalties this year and can easily afford these trials.

4 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Assistant Director David Halls is guilty as sin for saying "Cold Gun" without checking it and is lucky to plea-bargain down to 6 months.

6 months PROBATION.

I believe 6 months probation is a whole lot different than 6 months jail time.

5 hours ago, Chantry said:

However allowing live ammo to get mixed in with blanks and possibly leaving the ammo easily accessible is what might get her convicted.

Early reports had crew members saying that they were out plinking with that gun earlier that day. I don't remember if they said where the ammo came from. 

10 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Early reports had crew members saying that they were out plinking with that gun earlier that day. I don't remember if they said where the ammo came from. 

That has been soundly refuted as being a made-up story, but no one really knows where the truth is at this point, other than "Alex Baldwin never pulled the trigger".

21 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

THIS ^^^^

Alec Baldwin is guilty of because he was in charge and allowed firearms to be used WITHOUT the Armorer present.

21 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

He should go to jail for involuntary manslaughter Criminally Negligent Homicide after hiring an inexperienced armorer, giving her additional prop. duties that other armorers offered the job refused to do, and not allowing her to be on set when an ARM was being used. What is the point of hiring an ARMORER if they are not on set when an ARM is being used???

David Halls and Baldwin are both guilty of this IMNSHO because they were in charge and allowed this to happen.

It's a horrible situation. 

But I can't think of a guy  in Hollywood who I would like to see more stuck in this spot ! 

Just Sayin. 

Rooster 

it will be interesting to see what ang how it plays out if the armorer is guilty of something when she wasnt there and not allowed on site at that time for whatever reason , then baldwin is guilty as hell of something as he was there , holding the gun at the moment it went off 

Archived