SASS Wire Forum

Question about Ropers

Rye Miles #13621

I can't find them anywhere except online. My question is do they run pretty much true to size? I hate buying shoes online except for sneakers, they usually fit. 

Like this................image.png.bb7d11ec0d4580b35536bf28c29ecea8.png

I wear them - size seems to run true. Very comfortable

I have feet that don't like most boots anymore, and I find that buying new ones is a big pain.   I do have to go on-line because most boot stores don't stock any kind of ropers, especially those soft-sole boots like you show.  So, deal with an on-line company that does a free return policy.   I find about 1/4 of the time they run bigger or smaller than normal.  Most of them are made overseas, so holding "American" size correctly seems hard for them to do at their low cost.  Some companies like Boot Barn will let you have them delivered to store where you can try them on and not worry about shipping back because the store knows fit will not always be perfect.   Be willing to put in custom or replacement insoles if you have medical needs. 

I don't think I've seen the Horseshoe brand before, let alone tried them on for fit.

good luck, GJ

My feet also don't care for most boots.  Ariat's were ok, but not optimal.

White's boots are expensive, very expensive from my perspective, but my feet have felt much better since I started wearing them.  The one's I bought fit well in the same size as my Ariats, but were a bit bigger and heavier than I expected (about 3 lbs).  My next set will be the smaller MP-Shermans.

@Rye Miles #13621 As I remember they do run true to actual size. I haven’t bought Horseshoes recently, ( pandemic) but they are comfortable and have good support!  I usually find them at actual / factual western wear stores!:)

My Wolverine Ropers run very true to size. And they are extremely comfortable and have held up very well.

I've worn Justin Ropers for years. They seem to run pretty much true to size.

I lived about 40 miles from the Justin outlet in El Paso, so it was really easy for me to pop in and pick up a pair( I still own several).

Unfortunately,  I have moved out of the area, so I haven't  bought any for quite a while.

Most comfortable boot I’ve found is the Knox by Tecovas. Very reasonably priced.  And can get them in size 15 EE.  (My brother used to tell me to just wear the boxed his boots came in !) They do free returns for any reason. Size is true. I have 3 pairs! 

1 hour ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

These are the most comfortable foot wear that you can wear playing cowboy.

Nay!   Crepe soled Justins are... no old, fat guy bending over to tie laces required!  Like wearing tennis shoes!  Mine are on their 3rd set of soles!  

036354_H9_P1.JPG?sw=1980&sh=1980&sm=fit

I ordered a pair like I have pictured in the OP, they’re coming tomorrow. Thanks for the info

I will be ordering a pair today. I have problems with regular boots cuz I can't get my feet to bend to go down the chute on them so have a pair of Ariats but they are a pain to lace up for someone that has problems bending over so tried the Tecovas zippered ropers and they fit fine but are hard on my feet after walking on the rough, uneven ground for the match because they are just flat leather soles. These look like they have good soles and padding so I am hoping they work on this old mans feet. 

Update: Just ordered my regular 11D from Amazon. Should be here for my next match at Green Mountain. Will let ya know how it goes with the new boots. I really am looking forward to wearing them and seeing if I am able to walk after the match.

TM

Okay folks, got em today!! They’re great! Comfortable! 
Glad I bought em! 

37 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

Those links have my name on them. Could you please remove that? It’s says Anthony Romano Euclid that’s ME!!!

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Those links have my name on them. Could you please remove that? It’s says Anthony Romano Euclid that’s ME!!!

Only because you  have Amazon and it shows your acct. When I click on it I get my acct info. The link doesn't have any acct info on it. It just reverts to your own Amazon acct.

TM

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

When I clicked on it, it came up in my account. No mention of you Rye.

Guess I shoulda read the next post!;)

Just got mine in from Amazon and they look great. Will try them out this weekend.

Thanks for asking about them because I was unaware of them.

TM

• 2 weeks later...

im stilll wearin the original low heal boots i got at cabellas some 20 years ago now , i keep hoping they will show signs that might prompt me to replace them , i think im too frugal , or my wifes frugality has worn off on me , 

yet , i spent the cash for a nice pair of NRV when my "other stuff" acted up at a match , not at all sure why i dont care as much of my feet - i am learning tho and im in the throws of replacing the bits that dont work for me - boots are next on the list , my feet deserve it i think , my body definitely does 

Archived