SASS Wire Forum

SE Regional "Ambush at Cavern Cove" 2021

Barkeep Casey

You are cordially invited to join us 10/21/2021-10/23/2021 for the SE Regional "Ambush at Cavern Cove". This year we will be celebrating the 25th Annual for Ambush, and our plans are to blow it out for this historic Silver Anniversary.  Attached is a link to our website where you can find applications and information regarding the match.

https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/ambush-at-cavern-cove

This year once your application has been received.  You will receive a verification email that will have a link to Practiscore. This link will allow you to verify your category, choose the posse you wish to shoot on, view the current shooters signed up, and even look at the stage design as these become available. 

We look forward to seeing y'all in the cove in October!

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

No, but an annual crawdad boil with Dixie beer would be nice. Know any Cajuns who can cook up crawdads?

Don't mention that to @Krazy Kajun, he still ain't right after losing that last "Bobbing for Carwdads" contest!

37 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

No, but an annual crawdad boil with Dixie beer would be nice. Know any Cajuns who can cook up crawdads?

There might be a few around capable of such a feat.

10 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Don't mention that to @Krazy Kajun, he still ain't right after losing that last "Bobbing for Carwdads" contest!

Who yanked your chain!  I can pinch the tails and suck the heads with the best of them.  We leave the bobbing for the amateurs.

Kajun

5 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

There might be a few around capable of such a feat.

Who yanked your chain!  I can pinch the tails and suck the heads with the best of them.  We leave the bobbing for the amateurs.

Kajun

You've given me enough smiles around here, figured you could use a grin!

19 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

I will be attending also. Somebody has to keep an eye on all of you.

If you are watching them, who is watching you??

18 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I can pinch the tails and suck the heads with the best of them.  We leave the bobbing for the amateurs.

Kajun

I ain't heard language like this since I left Louisiana. ;)

9 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Kajun I heard you was gonna drop in and camp with us.

I've done that one time back when I was in college and no there wasn't any alcohol involved.  After I gradjimikated I larned dat dere ain't no gud reezon to jump out a purfektly gud aeroplane. :blink:

Kajun

5 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Scotch Before Noon.

.....and Sketchy Sue is riding herd on the whole gang of miscreants. :lol:

Kajun

12 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Scotch Before Noon.

Sounds like a solid plan..........Unless there is Absinthe 

• 3 months later...

We might have to cut back on the movement just a bit. I'm about even right now with some folks asking for oxygen at the unloading table, while the others are asking for nitrous oxide at the loading table.

*Yes, I realize nitrous oxide has different effects in a car vice on a person. It's a joke son.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Nah, movement is great, I move better than I shoot.

You missed my point. The only thing less fun that close targets for me is stand & deliver. Inside 7 yards for pistols and I start getting annoyed, inside 5 yards I absolutely detest. Not worth it to even show up for close targets.

30 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

We might have to cut back on the movement just a bit. I'm about even right now with some folks asking for oxygen at the unloading table, while the others are asking for nitrous oxide at the loading table.

*Yes, I realize nitrous oxide has different effects in a car vice on a person. It's a joke son.

Now that's funny. I'm gonna just lumber through it anyway.

1 hour ago, Ron "Ironhead" Smith said:

You missed my point. The only thing less fun that close targets for me is stand & deliver. Inside 7 yards for pistols and I start getting annoyed, inside 5 yards I absolutely detest. Not worth it to even show up for close targets.

How about we park Capt. Bill Burt's speedy red wagon in place of the pistol targets....say at 7 yards.  Some folks might just reload their pistols on the clock and shoot them again! :lol:

Kajun

I just got the camper unloaded from the last trip to Alabama.  I'll be ready again by October.  Big and close is just fine with me.  Heck, I'll shoot whatever Branchwater Jack can come up with.

Big and close, small and far, what’s the difference?  At least if they’re small and far I’ve got excuse for a miss :D.  It’s all about the fun and the folks, for me anyway.

4 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I'm one that asked for oxygen at the unloading table but I like movement. Hopefully by the Regional I'll be breathing better. I like Big and Close but will shoot whatever is in front of me.

I really enjoyed the State Match!  Good call on 1.5 hour delay, it worked out perfect!

Randy

10 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

How about we park Capt. Bill Burt's speedy red wagon in place of the pistol targets....say at 7 yards.  Some folks might just reload their pistols on the clock and shoot them again! :lol:

Kajun

Some folks better be wearing ballistic vests if they’re shooting at my ride! ;)

Archived