• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

12 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I can't find any to buy, ........ I can't wear whot I don't got !  :(

You used that same excuse for not wearing clothes in public!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

meme oldspice.jpg

One year, not long after we got together, my wife got some Old Spice aftershave for me.   Aftershave...

IMG_20231217_090415642.thumb.jpg.3bfd59ba4465faf72e7d98ba693e7e49.jpg

I've been using Old Spice original deodorant since the '70s and she likes that.  

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

image.png.a2d8c309d4912d45c2a4e013c51ff0c9.png

I remember Sen. Barbara Boxer at one Senate hearing taking about 2 minutes to dress down a general who dared to call her "Ma'am" rather than what she seemed to think her proper royal title.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Subdeacon, thank you, I got a good laugh out of that one!

Been using Old Spice all my life ...

... but your post resurrected my mother's Christmas gift for my bald headed grandfather.

She was a newlywed, this was her first Christmas gifting the in-laws.

She got him a bottle of hair tonic.

She meant to get after shave ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

image.png.d899a1976a5c7da339a5f1682a56d150.pngShe put on her glasses for the job interview. Think she got it??

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

image.png.d899a1976a5c7da339a5f1682a56d150.pngShe put on her glasses for the job interview. Think she got it??

At the local black light poster and head shop? Yes.

The receptionist position at my optometrist? No

But that looks like an orange jumpsuit and looks "institutional" to me... If she was skimming the till at her previous black light poster and head shop, then no to both.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

She's got my name on her neck, that's just plain scary.:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

You got a whatever that is on the side Steve?:P

Not even a remote chance!

But she should be honored and given the job for her/it's bravery and courage, don't ya think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Line job at a factory maybe, but nothing where she has to interact with customers or make intelligent decisions.

Ah, the back room at the post office. We have identified a career for this pronoun-challenged individual.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Not even a remote chance!

But she should be honored and given the job for her/it's bravery and courage, don't ya think?

No, I don't. I know your post is in jest but I think that people should be hired because they are the most qualified for the job not because they were stupid enough to cover their face in tattoos and sooner or later had to get a job to feed themselves.

Who knows, she may be a great candidate for a certain job. When I used to hire electricians to do residential/commercial service work, I had to look at the entire picture of not just ability and knowledge but also  how this person would represent the company to the public. This woman may have been the best service electrician in Florida...but there's no way that I could have her representing the company in a service capacity with the facial tattoos. She would be relegated to commercial construction only directly because of her choice to have her tattoos on her face. Could this be discrimination? Maybe, but she made that choice, not me.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

No, I don't. I know your post is in jest but I think that people should be hired because they are the most qualified for the job not because they were stupid enough to cover their face in tattoos and sooner or later had to get a job to feed themselves.

Who knows, she may be a great candidate for a certain job. When I used to hire electricians to do residential/commercial service work, I had to look at the entire picture of not just ability and knowledge but also  how this person would represent the company to the public. This woman may have been the best service electrician in Florida...but there's no way that I could have her representing the company in a service capacity with the facial tattoos. She would be relegated to commercial construction only directly because of her choice to have her tattoos on her face. Could this be discrimination? Maybe, but she made that choice, not me.

Agreed. I just think you should be able refuse certain jobs based on chosen appearance that may offend your clientele. She may be the best thing since chunky peanut butter, but not on my front counter. JMHO

• Like 6