6 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

He did.

3 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Agreed.

Yes, he did. I agree as well.

Now, I have a chart here that we can see where this plays out:

image.png.1c032ad70a3ebba6fcfe9bc71dad28fa.png

Sorry....couldn't help myself :D

That was the first time I was old enough to vote. My parents and all 4 grandparents voted for Perot; my vote was for Bush. My parents usually voted Republican and my grandparents usually split 2 Dems and 2 Republicans; although I believe the 2 Dems if alive today would certainly have left that party.  I've never voted for a Clinton and never will.

I did vote for Perot and all because of the words that George Bush said in 1990. He used the term "New World Order" which send chills down my spine. I was very much convinced at the time that he was speaking code to certain individuals regarding the impending new world government. Yep, I was into conspiracies but as the old saying goes "Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean that they still aren't out to get you". ;)

Perot may have pulled a lot of votes that might otherwise have gone to Bush.  But make no mistake, Bush cost Bush the reelection, not Perot.  If Bush would have adopted a more conservative platform in the first place, Perot would have never been anything more than a blip on the screen.  I voted for Mr. Perot then, and would again if he were still alive and running for office.

In 1979, the Iranian government jailed two EDS executives, and Perot vowed to win their release.

“Ross came to the prison one day and said, ‘We’re going to get you out,’” one of the men, Paul Chiapparone, told The Associated Press. “How many CEOs would do that today?”

Perot recruited retired U.S. Army Special Forces Col. Arthur “Bull” Simons to lead a commando raid on the prison. A few days later, the EDS executives walked free after the shah’s regime fell and mobs stormed the prison. Simons’ men sneaked the executives out of the country and into Turkey. The adventure was recalled in Ken Follett’s best-selling book, “On Wings of Eagles,” and a TV miniseries.

1 hour ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Perot may have pulled a lot of votes that might otherwise have gone to Bush.  But make no mistake, Bush cost Bush the reelection, not Perot.  If Bush would have adopted a more conservative platform in the first place, Perot would have never been anything more than a blip on the screen.  I voted for Mr. Perot then, and would again if he were still alive and running for office.

Agreed. I did vote for Bush, but I had strongly considered throwing my vote to Perot because Bush was the one who backstabbed us on so-called assault weapons in 1989.

1 hour ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

We’ll disagree on that one.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I did vote for Perot and all because of the words that George Bush said in 1990. He used the term "New World Order" which send chills down my spine. I was very much convinced at the time that he was speaking code to certain individuals regarding the impending new world government. Yep, I was into conspiracies but as the old saying goes "Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean that they still aren't out to get you". ;)

He also called the NRA, "Jack booted thugs", I wasn't crazy about HW!

41 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

HW never called them that. The NRA called some federal agents Jack Booted Thugs.

12 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Some believe he enabled the Clinton presidency....  :mellow:

I was one of the suckers that voted fer him too..... I’m sorry.

(Perot, not Clinton)

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It was Wayne Lapierre who referred to Federal agents as "jack-booted thugs" and it was W who called him out on it. On the other hand, Pres. Bush made a public business about withdrawing his membership in the NRA. 

11 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

HW never called them that. The NRA called some federal agents Jack Booted Thugs.

8 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

It was Wayne Lapierre who referred to Federal agents as "jack-booted thugs" and it was W who called him out on it. On the other hand, Pres. Bush made a public business about withdrawing his membership in the NRA. 

Okay, my mistake but I remember him dropping out of the NRA for some reason??

On 7/10/2019 at 6:16 AM, Yul Lose said:

He did.

A few of my coworkers admitted to voting for him; because, they weren't happy with Pappy Bush's breaking his Read my lips no new taxes pledge.  These individuals would never vote for the Hillbilly Whore Hopper, "I am reporting for duty" Kerry, Obama or Crooked Hillary. 

Back in those days there was a mantra upon the land... "You must listen to and vote with your heart!"

Hearts are good for what hearts are good for.  Heads are good for what heads are good for.  In some situations, the head should take the lead.   ;)

3 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Back in those days there was a mantra upon the land... "You must listen to and vote with your heart!"

Hearts are good for what hearts are good for.  Heads are good for what heads are good for.  In some situations, the head should take the lead.   ;)

Exactly.

It's always the same thing every election... you want to vote for somebody you actually like but in the end you have to choose the D or R box because they're the only ones who ever win. I voted Libertarian in the last election, but I knew I was just throwing my vote away.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:18 PM, Marshal Hangtree said:

100% agree  he should have never disrespected Brocolli!  Read my lips, No New Taxes was a thorn in his side too!

1 minute ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

It's always the same thing every election... you want to vote for somebody you actually like but in the end you have to choose the D or R box because they're the only ones who ever win. I voted Libertarian in the last election, but I knew I was just throwing my vote away.

Once I was sure my vote would not in anyway effect the local election outcome I did the same on the theory that the idea of a third party needed support.  I don't think I accomplished much. :(

and finally, if Ross Perot had been elected, imagine if he had managed to have the success that the Donald is having.

FYI all politicians are crooks in my book, I just vote for the ones that I believe are going to steal from someone else.

I find the notion that a candidate running for office, third party or otherwise, ruining the election completely appalling. In a democracy, all that can legally run and desire to should. Our country would be a lot less divided if more than two (really just one) viewpoint were being expressed 

Just now, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I find the notion that a candidate running for office, third party or otherwise, ruining the election completely appalling. In a democracy, all that can legally run and desire to should. Our country would be a lot less divided if more than two (really just one) viewpoint were being expressed 

I actually agree with you on everything you said except for one small detail; this is not a democracy.

11 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I actually agree with you on everything you said except for one small detail; this is not a democracy.

Democratic republic if you will. Still the sentiment stands. 

4 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

yes, but what you promise, you must deliver.

Like...  you can keep your doctor and your rates will go down...?  :rolleyes:

Archived