SASS Wire Forum

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you Widder, all I have to worry about are those pesky Outlaws.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

With the possibility of Box Car Kid, Tator, SideKick and Red Knee at the SG side matches,   I might just pull up my camper chair and cooler and watch the show all day.   

And Speed Pistol GF ain't gonna be dull either with some of the GFer's that I have seen and heard about this year.

And Randy, its a safe bet that there will be atleast 5 Lady GFer's this year at Wartrace.     REMARKABLE!

..........Widder

Widder,

Instead of that 5 gal bucket of shotgun shells you tote around,  you might start thinking about a 55 gal with all that competition!

Tombstone and Red,

I ain't familiar with every 97 shooter in SASS, but I hear names from time to time about 97 speed demons.   And I have a top 10 list of those I'm familiar with.   And those 4 Pards who I mentioned are all in that list.  And I have seen them all shoot.   Its amazing.

And if Copperhead Joe shows up, you can always add his name into the mix.

ALL those pards I mentioned are very capable of running 6 on 6 in LESS than 5 seconds.  Probably closer to 4.50 to 4.80 times.

I might start feeling pity on Red Knee cause he's driving all the way from Oklahoma just to get a E.TN dog whoopin by a bunch of southern gentlemen..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Hey RED,

if you know anyone who would like to contribute to the Widder AA shotgun shell contribution, I could probably use all I can get for some serious practice..... ;)

..........Widder

I'm curious to see how many total Gunfighters we end up with. Gunfighter really seems to be gaining in popularity.

Looking forward to watching some great shooters in all disciplines shoot it out.

Yee Haw, I'm getting excited all ready

Randy

2 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I might start feeling pity on Red Knee cause he's driving all the way from Oklahoma just to get a E.TN dog whoopin by a bunch of southern gentlemen..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

E.TN dog whoopin huh?  

Our first meetin' you flat out whooped me.

Our second meetin' you escaped at the last minute and got me by .04

Our third meetin' is comin' up and i think pity will be the furthest thing from your mind after the smoke clears.

Red Knee (who's gonna be sportin' a new feather in his hat real soon....:)

4 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

E.TN dog whoopin huh?  

Our first meetin' you flat out whooped me.

Our second meetin' you escaped at the last minute and got me by .04

Our third meetin' is comin' up and i think pity will be the furthest thing from your mind after the smoke clears.

Red Knee (who's gonna be sportin' a new feather in his hat real soon....:)

That sounds like a good challenge, this is going to be fun to watch.

Randy

Hey Red Knee,

You're gonna love Wartrace and your visit to Tennessee.  

And we will have to eat at the Bell Buckle while you are here.   Eating there will help heal any wounds you might have after Thursday... :D

A 'Widder Feather' won't come easy, but as before, its gonna be fun trying    ..... ;)

..........Widder

11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How far is it from Nashville???

About an hour.

Shared route
From Nashville International Airport to 1486 Cortner Rd via I-24 E.

1 hr 4 min (62 mi)
1 hr 3 min in current traffic

1. Head south on Terminal Dr
2. Continue straight to stay on Terminal Dr
3. Keep left to stay on Terminal Dr
4. Merge onto I-40 W
5. Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 213A for I-24 E toward Chattanooga
6. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-24 E/Chattanooga
7. Take exit 97 for TN-64/Beech Grove Road toward Shelbyville/Wartrace/Bell Buckle
8. Turn right onto TN-64 W
9. Turn left onto Potts Rd
10. Turn left onto TN-269 E/Knob Creek Rd
11. Arrive at location: 1486 Cortner Rd

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/tAV9XL7pUas

5 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you Widder, all I have to worry about are those pesky Outlaws.

I will do my best to be as pesky as possible.:lol:

Waimea

12 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

About an hour.

Shared route
From Nashville International Airport to 1486 Cortner Rd via I-24 E.

1 hr 4 min (62 mi)
1 hr 3 min in current traffic

1. Head south on Terminal Dr
2. Continue straight to stay on Terminal Dr
3. Keep left to stay on Terminal Dr
4. Merge onto I-40 W
5. Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 213A for I-24 E toward Chattanooga
6. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-24 E/Chattanooga
7. Take exit 97 for TN-64/Beech Grove Road toward Shelbyville/Wartrace/Bell Buckle
8. Turn right onto TN-64 W
9. Turn left onto Potts Rd
10. Turn left onto TN-269 E/Knob Creek Rd
11. Arrive at location: 1486 Cortner Rd

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/tAV9XL7pUas

My son lives in Nashville, his house is up for sale and he's bought a house in Madison (?) about 7 miles outside of Nashville. I'm thinking about this!!!

Thanks Tyrel

Ray Miles, we would love to have you come shoot with us, it is a great match and the awards on side-match night can not be beat. Drank maybe but not beat.:rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My son lives in Nashville, his house is up for sale and he's bought a house in Madison (?) about 7 miles outside of Nashville. I'm thinking about this!!!

Thanks Tyrel

That would be cool! If you stay with or near your son in the Madison area I'd guess add about 10 minutes drive time to the range.  Mustang and I are probably gonna get a hotel in Manchester or Tullahoma since Wartrace is a 2 hour drive from home.

Rye Miles

Come on. Madison is not a bad trip to Wartrace. Briley parkway to I24 is not bad in morning traffic. And everybody stays home on Saturdays lol

I will formally introduce you to my hat.

Imis

and the rest of yall too

Can someone verify the BAYMONT phone number please.

When I try to call it, I get a response as though its a fax number.

No one ever answers the number I used from the Wartrace website information.

Thanks

..........Widder

Widder,

The number on the Wartrace website is Baymonts fax#. I just called them on 931-455-7891, the number on the website is 931-455-7892.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thanks Tyrel

Rye, hope you can make it we need all the Pistoleros we can get. 

Randy

Is there a who's coming list up yet? I am not that good at finding things on webpage's it seems.

We just might have to start vending over by the SG side match - popcorn, moon pies and some RC Colas!... bring your lawn chairs!

By the way.... I'd love to have a GUNFIGHTER POSSE!  Can't wait to see everyone!!

Hugs,

Scarlett

Hi Scarlett.

I like GF Posse's also but there are a lot of GFer's who would rather NOT shoot with their competition, which I can understand.

Two/Three years ago, there were 17 GFer's and about 10 Sr.GFer's at the TN State in Wartrace.

It was a hoot.   Plus, there were some Lady GFer's also, which helps keep it looking 'pretty'.

I'm looking forward to seeing Y'all again.

..........Widder

I was looking at the application.  It states, SASS members only.  I've been a SASS member since I started shooting cowboy.  My wife has only been shooting a few years and has never officially joined SASS.  Does she have to join to shoot this match?

Mongo

State level matches and above require all shooters to be SASS members.  In a few weeks we have to send the shooters list to SASS for verification of SASS memberships.  This is part of the contract the club signs to host a SASS sanctioned match.

Whiskey

Hey Tombstone,

I called Whiskey this morning.  He couldn't talk long cause he had the boiler going.   He said something about making YOU up some special 'surprise' when he sees you in Oct..... :wacko:

..........Widder

19 hours ago, Scarlett said:

We just might have to start vending over by the SG side match - popcorn, moon pies and some RC Colas!... bring your lawn chairs!

By the way.... I'd love to have a GUNFIGHTER POSSE!  Can't wait to see everyone!!

Hugs,

Scarlett

Scarlett, I guess you'll have plenty of bullets to sell and Tommy will be making earplugs? Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Randy

14 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Scarlett, I guess you'll have plenty of bullets to sell and Tommy will be making earplugs? Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Randy

Earplugs? I hope so, it's time for a new pair.

You know we will have lead and all the other stuff we usually tote around however, Bea Itchin and Rolan Krapps are going to be doing earplugs!  They used to do them a few years ago and have decided to start doing them again!  I'm pretty sure they'll be at Alabama next week, too. Tommy will be making earplugs at Ruckus in NY, SC, NC and the SERegional. 

Cant wait to see y'all!  Randy St Eagle - THIS year, I'm cutting the rope! :P

Scarlett

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

You know we will have lead and all the other stuff we usually tote around however, Bea Itchin and Rolan Krapps are going to be doing earplugs!  They used to do them a few years ago and have decided to start doing them again!  I'm pretty sure they'll be at Alabama next week, too. Tommy will be making earplugs at Ruckus in NY, SC, NC and the SERegional. 

Cant wait to see y'all!  Randy St Eagle - THIS year, I'm cutting the rope! :P

Scarlett

Those potential ear plug customers were sure looking forward to the 'Scarlett Hug'.    Nobody wants a hug from Rolan..... ;)

Randy:  I think Scarlett has some 'Annie Oakley' blood in her.   Ya better watch out.

..........Widder

Widder, I await this match with heart atwitter, (how about them fancy words.)

Whiskey, I didnt figure there was a shooters list yet, just wanted to get this posting off of the second page. Everyone likes to see their name in print unless it is on a warrant or in the obits. I guess.

Randy, I understand you have three pairs because that is the best way to get you ears cleaned out.:lol:

Although you might not want a hug from Rolan, Bea Itchin gives great hugs.

Just stirring the pot this morning. Speaking of which where is Waimea,? Must be laying in wait again.

Archived