SASS Wire Forum

The Tennessee State Championship Oct. 12-14 is rapidly approaching and it should be another good one. We've been getting some new targets and new stands and if you like Big and Close you'll love this match. Attached is the link to the State Match page on our website with information and an application. Last year rooms in the area filled up pretty fast so you may want to go ahead and book your room . Hope to see everyone there.

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Randy

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bea and I are READY!  We had a terrific time last year and can't wait  to come back.

We are planning on going to tour Jack Daniel's on Sunday if anyone else wants to go on the way home.

21 minutes ago, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

Bea and I are READY!  We had a terrific time last year and can't wait  to come back.

We are planning on going to tour Jack Daniel's on Sunday if anyone else wants to go on the way home.

Rolan knows but for anyone else interested we will once have Steam Punk Category.

Thanks Rolan, Bea and Widder, I look forward to see y'all at the match.

Randy

34 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

My application has already been confirmed.   Looking forward to another great venture to Wartrace and seeing A BUNCH of friends.

..........Widder

Oh my goodness......its only 9hrs, 3minutes from my house to Wartrace.....hhmmmm?

45 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

Oh my goodness......its only 9hrs, 3minutes from my house to Wartrace.....hhmmmm?

Do you feel lucky?   :D

Come on over.........and make my day!  ;)

..........Widder

7 hours ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

Ye,a there was a '97 throw down :huh: eh!

Howdy CW.

Red Knee ain't gonna travel 500 miles just to place 3rd, 4th or 5th in a speed 97 event..... :o

When he travels east of the Mississippi, he has to deal with Tator, Sidekick, Box Car Kid and the ole Widder.

Old age is creeping up on him and he's getting slower.  He's probably getting to be around 40 ..... :lol::lol:

Besides, he's giving me room and board next year at the 2018 Oklahoma State.   He owns a few thousand acres around one of them Indian reservations.   I'm surprised he don't call it The Ponderosa..... ;)

He's got one of them 'Twisty' shelters as big as my house so I should be able to vacation in comfort while out there.   I'd feel kinda bad whoopin up on him while he's visiting the Southland.

..........Widder 

Let the Trash Talking begin.

OK yall. This is one of the best looking ranges in the USA. And we put on a pretty good match. All you newbys assemble in Wartrace and we will show you how it is done.

We have been working on the range to make it even better.

Yall come 

Imis

and bring your hats

I will be there, come on Outlaws this is one for the books every year. Been looking forward to this match....well, since this match last year.;)

Better print off the app and get it in the mail

Has anyone talked to Ray to the Sale of Champions about camping again this year?

7 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I will be there, come on Outlaws this is one for the books every year. Been looking forward to this match....well, since this match last year.;)

Better print off the app and get it in the mail

Has anyone talked to Ray to the Sale of Champions about camping again this year?

Well, I promised a whole barn load of people I would be at this match so by gum I'ma coming.

Getcher Outlaw face on. I ain't hidin' in no weeds no more.

Anyhow that's all I got fer trash talkin'.

Does this Ray feller have an aversion to tents? I did buy a trailer last week but it's only 5x8 and it ain't got windows. So that's the Bullet's RV.

Waimea

43 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Getcher Outlaw face on. I ain't hidin' in no weeds no more.

Waimea

Is this what's referred to as a 'closet Outlaw'?

:lol::lol:

..........Widder

Tents welcome, has a shower or horse wash down area. Bathroom. All the convenience of home.

16 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Tents welcome, has a shower or horse wash down area. Bathroom. All the convenience of home.

What are you implying?:o:P

:lol:

AND I still got that $3.00 burning a hole in my pocket from BG.

W

20 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Do you feel lucky?   :D

Come on over.........and make my day!  ;)

..........Widder

Man.....all i said was that its only 9 hrs 3 minutes from my house to Wartrace.....i made no mention of kickin' widders butt, or nabbin' me one of em' Widder feathers for my hat.....just mentioned travel time from point a to point b.      Thats all! 

Gun fighters unite in Wartrace.  Movement has been cut to reasonable level.  We're going to shoot the Gallows for 1st time in many years.  Had a great group with artificial knees and hips lower it to ground level.  We did dig a deep to achieve a good hanging.

39 minutes ago, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

Gun fighters unite in Wartrace.  Movement has been cut to reasonable level.  We're going to shoot the Gallows for 1st time in many years.  Had a great group with artificial knees and hips lower it to ground level.  We did dig a deep to achieve a good hanging.

They said the Colt was the Great Equalizer.

Sam Colt did not know about knee and hip operations.:lol:

Thanks for your hard work.

Waimea (knee surgery at 28)

2 hours ago, Red Knee said:

Man.....all i said was that its only 9 hrs 3 minutes from my house to Wartrace.....i made no mention of kickin' widders butt, or nabbin' me one of em' Widder feathers for my hat.....just mentioned travel time from point a to point b.      Thats all! 

Seems like I have TWO feathers from the War Bonnet of Red Knee.   

Poor ole Red Knee don't have any Widder feathers..... :D

Of course, one of these daz this ole Brave is gonna corral The Enchantress into retirement and maybe then (maybe) Chief Red Knee will have a chance for a feather..........maybe.   

But until then, he'll just have to talk up a 'Twisty'..... (go the 1:50 time mark)

:D

..........Widder

Waimea

I figured the indoor plumbing would get your attention more than the horse wash down.

All right, I've mailed my app and entry fee to Papa Dave.   Save me a spot.  Look forward to seeing you Widder. And TT and Waimea and Rolan and Randy.  Fun times ahead!

29 minutes ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

All right, I've mailed my app and entry fee to Papa Dave.   Save me a spot.  Look forward to seeing you Widder. And TT and Waimea and Rolan and Randy.  Fun times ahead!

Howdy Hopidy.

It wouldn't be the same without you.    Glad to see another worthy and notable GF join in on the FUN.

..........Widder

Hopidy, I will be good seeing you again. Just what we need is another notorious GF.

I wonder what the % of GF to total shooters will be at this match. I hope at least 10% between the SGF, GF and Outlaws there will be a bunch of us.

Thanks all.  Yes, the more GFs the better.  I wouldn't be surprised if a fair percentage of the crowd is shooting some variety of Gunfighter.  I just got back from Guns of August.  Shot clean and was 34th overall, so reasonably happy but Widder's protege Slater got by me and the GF category was won by a kid too young to get a driver's license--Choctaw Kid.  Gotta love seeing these young ones shooting GF at high speed!  I shot GF there rather than SGF because I thought someone other than Lassiter ought to administer my whipping.  They did.  I am gonna shoot SGF at Tennessee though, Widder, so I guess it'll be your turn.  I'll try to make exciting for you though.

3 hours ago, Cassalong Hopidy said:

It'll be good to see you and everyone and I'd  say the percentage of Gunfighters has definitely grown over the last few years. Sounds like they'll be a good group of Senior Gunfighters this year. 

Randy

Randy,

Wartrace has done a great job over the past few years in stage design and scenarios that are 'Shooter Friendly', which means all the categories seem to enjoy ALL the stages.

Word gets around when matches are set up for everyone and not have scenarios that make any one particular category shoot out of their category.   Thats just one of the many reasons Wartrace gets a fair number of shooters in the GF type categories AND..... also tops out in participants the past couple years.

THANKS, and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

And another big plus the past few years is that the Wartrace officers seem to ask and listen to shooters of all types about how to improve the match.    Even your monthly are really good, of which Slater and I hope to visit again in September.

..........Widder

All you gunfighters face Wartrace and raise your pistols high.  This match has the potential to be won by any category.  Bring your A game is all it will take.

If ole Sam had invented them artificial joints nobody could carry on a conversation for all the 4 clicking going on.

Widder, hope you and Slater and maybe T-Bone Angus and Ocoee Red and more can make it in September, the State Match will be here before we know it. I haven't seen the the book for the State but from what stages we've shot this year I'd say Whiskey is right, any style could win it. 

Randy

40 minutes ago, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

All you gunfighters face Wartrace and raise your pistols high. 

Just don't break the 170 :lol:

Kajun

8 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Waimea

I figured the indoor plumbing would get your attention more than the horse wash down.

I might've been thinking (danger) that the indoor plumbing was fer folks of higher stature. Tent sleeping Outlaws got to use the horse wash down.:lol:

Waimea ($3)

4 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Tent sleeping Outlaws got to use the horse wash down.:lol:

Waimea ($3)

Your "Neigh"bors will appreciate your cleanliness..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

4 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Your "Neigh"bors will appreciate your cleanliness..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

:lol:

After a couple days tenting with no shower, I don't even want to be near me.

So matches with showers are big on my list.

Waimea

Archived