SASS Wire Forum

DemocratIC party

Alpo

Does that annoy anyone else? "The DemocratIC Party did this" or "So-and-so, a member of the DemocratIC Party". Ain't no damn sucha thing as the Democratic Party. It's the DEMOCRAT Party.

No one says Nixon was a member of the Republic Party. It's not the Republic Party - it's the Repulican Party.

No one says that Ron Paul ran for President on the Libritarianism Ticket. It's not the Libritarianism - it's the Libritarian.

In 1980 John Anderson did not run for President on the Indepency Ticket. It's not Independency - it's Independent.

So why does everyone keep saying the DemocratIC Party?

They got you, didn't they Alpo! :lol:

Because "Democratic Party" is its name, and "Democrat Party" is a "Republicanism" come up with for political purposes some decades ago.

I'm a Republican, myself, but I've always thought that "Democrat party" business was silly.

You get to name your own party.....

Kinda like calling our form of government a democracy when it is actually a Republic.

A Democracy

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority. In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

A Republic

A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general. The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

Difference between a Democracy and a Republic

This couldn't be construed as a political thread could it?

Because "Democratic Party" is its name, and "Democrat Party" is a "Republicanism" come up with for political purposes some decades ago.

I'm a Republican, myself, but I've always thought that "Democrat party" business was silly.

You get to name your own party.....

Yup. Democrats belong to the Democratic party.

None of this tics me off.

Other things do.

But I will not go into that here.

Much.

;)

Isn't it the democra…………….uh……. never mind! :P

Go ahead Rye. That's what the line-through - p - is for. :ph34r:

:lol: Nope, don't wanna get on Allie's $%^# list!! :lol:

In the purist sense, the democrat party believes that the government should be influenced greatly by the whims and wishes of the voters, and the republican party believes that the whims and wishes of the voters should be filtered through their representatives.

We are a long way from those two points.

The democratic party uses the democrat ideas to maniulate their power from small interest groups that have large appeal, like the current LGBT movement.

The republished party garners their power from a smaller number of larger groups.

In the end, neither party represents the public and common sense, no matter what they are called. We still end up pikcing the lesser evil and waiting until the next election.

Archived