SASS Wire Forum

We Lost a True Champion!

Oh no! I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with the family. I never met the young man, but I heard remarkably good things about him. Best wishes to Parker for a speedy recovery.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry to hear the very sad news.

Cobra Cat - we wish you a speedy recovery.

Thinking of you all over hear in New Zealand.

Tuscon the Terrible & White Lightning Jack

My prayers go out for a full recover of Cobra Cat and comfort for Kitty & Cat Tracker. Send you a {{{big hug}}}.

Oh no! I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with the family. I never met the young man, but I heard remarkably good things about him. Best wishes to Parker for a speedy recovery.

Like Manatee, I never had the pleasure to meet either of these fine folks but their remarkable reputations preceeded them. I extend my heart felt condolences to the family and friends.

..........Widder

So sad. Like so many, it is hard to find words....May God comfort family and friends and give speedy healing to Cobra Cat. bb

My heart is broken hearing this tragedy. Lightning was one of the sunniest, hardest working most full of life young men I've ever had the pleasure if knowing. The Cat family is a trubute to the great American family.

Parker and all are in my daily prayers. Gordon, you leave a legacy and a such a love with us all in your memory. I will miss you, Son.

This is a sad day for SASS and all who ever met him.

We just heard this terrible news, and are both in tears. It is hard to find the words to begin to express our sorrow and find it hard to believe that such a bright young man can be gone. We will be vigilant in out prayers for Cobra's recovery and will pray for you, Kitty and Cat Tracker. Your pain must be unbearable. May God keep his hand on all of you during this time.

With loving thoughts and prayers,

Windy Ike and Painted Rose

May the love of God wrap his arms around the whole family in this time of sorrow. We pray for a speedy recovery for Cobra. Your in our thoughts and prayers.

With much sadness,

Wizard

The Colorado Cowboys will be putting on a charity shoot to help with the expenses for the Cat Family. The date will be announced soon. I talked to Kitty and Cobra is home and resting.

Stay tuned for details as soon as I have them.

Prayers up!

Paninted Filly

Indiana Jackson and I are heartbroken...Gordon and Parker exemplified all that we love about Cowboy Action Shooting.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and with Parker. As someone who has lost a brother, I pray that he find both the strength to recover and the strength to go on.

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

May God Bless this whole Family and lift up their spirits in Healing them. Prayers Up.

Hoss C.

The Judge and I are just devastated to hear of Lightening Cat's death. He and Cobra are two of the good guys; impecable manners; most respectful; hard working; just two all around great young men!! Prayers for comfort to the family for Lightening Cat's passing and prayers for healing for Cobra Cat. There is just a hole in my heart!!

Kate

I first met the Cat brothers at EOT in 2010 and looked forward to seeing them in the years after. Both had a great attitude’s, personalities and were full of life.

Didn’t know either of them except for the time we talked on the range but in that short time you could tell they were brothers as well as best friends.

My thought and prayers are with the Cat family

My Sincere regards

James Samuel Pike

Cat Family, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Parker, may your injuries heal quickly.

May Chris, Parker and Vance draw on each other, friends and community for strength and comfort. We are here for you in whatever you need.

Colorado Sunset and Sweetwater Bill

There are no words to adequately describe the hole left in my heart, although we only saw each other a couple of times a year I sure loved that boy!

Opie and I will pray for the family and for a full recovery for Cobra.

I met the Cat Family at EOT '08, and got to hang out with them again at EOT '12. The boys were spunky competitors.

A dark day for certain.

Prayers up for Cobra and Family.

RIP Lightning...

Lady Ghost and I are so sad to hear about this lost and all the pain and heart break. We are blessed with a great family and it would be unbearable for us to lose anyone. God bless the Cat Family.

Ghost

I was absolutely stunned at this tragic news. I, my daughter and son-in-law had the great pleasure and privilege of shooting on the Cat family's posse at 2012 EOT, and so looked forward to sharing company again. Finest people I ever met. Prayers up.

Archived