SASS Wire Forum

We Lost a True Champion!

I just can't believe this very sad news!

Years ago when these two brothers were just kids,I enjoyed sitting across the table from them playing Texas hold'em; I was very impressed how mature they were.

As the years went by I was able to spend time with them in other card games as well as visiting for hours around the fire in camp and most recently in the pool with the pooley gang at EOT 2011. These brothers have always been the "best of the best" when it comes to being good people or following the cowboy way. I am sure there are many stories out there of how selfless and giving they both have always been. I count myself VERY lucky to have spent what little time that was available with them,and will always smile when I think of the good times we had.My heart and prayers go out for them and their family, and that Parker recovers from his injuries.

Wylee and Tamale

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will miss my friend, and I am thankful that the other is gonna be ok.

The Cat family has treated my like one of their own, and has always looked out for me.

Parker and Gordon set up tent for me when it was pitch dark at EOT when I told them I was going to sleep in my car, Gordon said "Lurch, your too grown for that."

My deepest sorrows go out to this wonderful and special family.

I will miss my friend.

Brimstone

Both Kathouse & myself are devastated to hear this sad news.

Two of the finest, & polite young gentlemen we have ever met ...and had the pleasure to shoot with.

We wish Cobra a speedy and recovery to full health, and express our deepest symphathy for the Cat family with the loss of Lightning Cat.

Prayers on their way from down under.

Jack

What is there to add? Nothing! We are speechless, helpless and deeply sadened by the horrible news. Both Parker and Gordon have presented themselves as the finest of "Young-Guns" you cold hope for. We had the pleasure of meeting the entire family and spent wonderful times shooting or socializing! It was with great pleasure that we could win them to join the Pooley-Gang and trueley they represent every quality the cowoby family stands for. The moments we spent as friends and competitors will never be forgotten. Gordon will live on in our hearts and spirits. We, the Pooley Gang want to express our condolences to his family and we hope that they find the strength they need to get through these horrible times. We wish Parker all the best for a speedy recovery.

Rest in Peace!

The Pooley Gang!

Jesse Belle, Lyoner Dundee, Shotgun Boogie, Olli the Kid and REPHIL

Very sad news indeed. An awful reminder of how fragile life can be.

Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Ringer

Lightning Cat and Cobra Cat came by our camp at EOT last year and I was so impressed with what fine young men they were. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.

There are no words to convey our sorrow for this loss. We have enjoyed shooting with this family for several years, especially while on their posse at last years WR. Our thoughts & prayers are with the family & may they find some peace & comfort during this time of heartbreak.

Lobo Joe

Miss Hattie Wild

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

We are saying prayers for the family.

MG & CJ

My heartfelt condoleces to his family and friends. :(

Sincere Sympathies to the family and get well soon Parker! Words are not enough at this moment, I just can't seem to find them! :mellow:/>

God Bless,

Co Big Al

There truly are no words.

I count myself blessed for having known him & honored to be able to count him as a dear friend. My life is brighter for having had him in it, the world a little dimmer for having lost him. Prayers to Parker & Family for healing.

Lifting the family up in prayer. Asking for healing and recovery for young man Parker. Asking for strength, love and understanding while family deals with this tragedy. Praying for guidence of the hands of those treating Parker, to provide the healing he needs.

Having the few opportunities to know Gordon as well as this family, has blessed ours. May the comfort of the Lord stand fast with you.

Shanley Shooter, Singin' Sue and Brodie Lane

Such sad news. I never met the Cat brothers, but everyone that I know that has all said the same thing. Nicest young gentlemen you'd want to meet. This will leave a huge hole in the SASS family. Our prayers go out for the family. RIP young Lightning Cat.

This is heart breaking news. I was lucky to greet them both a the bar at EOT and was impressed by such joyful and polite brothers.

My prayers are with the family.

Ten High

As with Dang it Dan and others,I met and shot with Cobra Cat and Lightning Cat at EOT recently. They are both champions in every way. Not only top shooters, but two of the hardest-working posse members I have ever known.

Our prayers go to Kitty Carbine and Cat Tracker, and especially to Cobra Cat for a full recovery.

I am deply saddened,

This from the Pawnee Station club Pres.

Dave Bishop

To Pawnee_Station@yahoogroups.com

This past weekend we all lost a wonderful friend and a fine young man. His activity just prior to his passing reflects why he will always be dear to all of us.

Gordon and Parker (Cobra Cat) showed up early and lent a hand to set up the party,

They had fun and if I know Gordon and Parker they made sure everyone else enjoyed themselves as well,

Then they hung around afterwards to help with clean up.

I can say that at every Cowboy event I've been involved with where Gordon and Parker were present that is exactly how things went. I never once had to ask for their help. They saw something that needed to be done and simply did it. That's COWBOY!

Yes they could liven up a party. I remember a few Saturday night festivities at Winter Range where Gordon danced with every Lady who wanted a trip around the dance floor. Thanks Gordon, I know the ladies appreciated it because some of us old codgers aren't as nimble on our feet as we once were.

Please remember Gordon and especially Vance, Chris and Parker in your prayers.

God knows he got a good man and I'm sure Gordon has already found something that needs doing and is hard at work.

Sidewinder Sadie and I are just heart broken for you. We have enjoyed Gordon and Parker so much at the many matches we have been to with them. Chris and Vance you are terrific parents and have our heart felt condolences. Parker, get well, my man, and be strong. You are all in our prayers.

Powder Wash Kid, Sidewinder Sadie, Snowy Creek Angle, Exsasparilla Summer

I just don't have the words, and I don't know that there are any for something like this. Those brothers are as good of pards as you'll ever meet.

Gordon will be missed and remembered as long as I live, at any rate. My fondest hopes for a swift and full recovery for Parker are added to those already here, as well as for any peace he, his mother, and his father can find.

You guys know the cowboys and cowgirls are always there for you if you need them.

Sad news indeed. I never met Lighting Cat but I wish I had, he sure sounds like a fine young man.

At a loss for words... Will keep my thoughts on the family and hope for a full recovery for Cobra.

I had the good fortune to meet the 'cat' family at HOW '011...terrific young men with big smiles.

My sincere condolences to family & friends...RIP Lightning Cat

Condolences on your loss, may you find strength in family & good friends.

Words can't express the sorrow I feel. Both Dylan and I can not get this out of our minds. Lightning and Cobra were HUGE positive influences on Dylan. They both talked to him like he was not just a kid. "They treated me like I am normal like I am one of them" was his words to me. He loves those guys! Needless to say this is having a huge impact on Dylan and me both. We think the world of this family and our heart truly goes out to everyone. This sport has lost a great competitor and incredible personality. It's also lost a youth something there is just plain and simple not enough of in this sport. There will be a huge void for us at Winter Range this year.

I hope this is not in bad taste but here is the only video I have of Lightning Cat from Hell on Wheels 2 years ago. This how I choose to remember him.

God Bless,

Colt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfkVmIPgeQY&feature=share&list=UUCAQtJIDrFh6BJDBZujm09w

Archived