SASS Wire Forum

We Lost a True Champion!

I just received notice that Lightning Cat National Gunfighter Champion aka Gordon Gibson lost his life in auto accident early this A.M. Cobra Cat aka Parker Gibson is in serious condition in a hospital in Kansas. Please say a prayer for them and Kitty Carbine and Cat Tracker. They will need all our support!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very sad news. I had the pleasure of shooting on their posse in 2011 and to meet their folks. I was very impressed with both these young men. Lightning Cat was a great kid, as is Cobra Cat. I pray for Cobra Cat's speedy recovery and some form of peace for their parents over the loss of Gordon.

I just received notice that Lightning Cat National Gunfighter Champion aka Gordon Gibson lost his life in auto accident early this A.M. Cobra Cat aka Parker Gibson is in serious condition in a hospital in Kansas. Please say a prayer for them and Kitty Carbine and Cat Tracker. They will need all our support!

This is horrible, I don't have the words, RIP my friend. Prayers for Parker and family.

Truly a Sad day, words just can't say enough for Lightning Cat a great person and Son that made his parents proud also sending Prayers for Cobra's speedy recovery.

Kiowa Kid

Painted Filly

I am very sad for this news. Our prayers to the family.

Oklahoma Dee

Kansas City Sneed

Cody Two Guns

What a terrible dissappointment. Prayers up for Cobra Cat, Cat Tracker & Kitty Carbine ......

It is a tragic loss. I have known Gordon and the family through Cowboy action since the boys were very little. Their boys and my own are very close in age and literally grew up at the same time. I have many fond memories of being at the same matches. I believe that I may have even had a little influence on his becoming a gunfighter. I and my family will miss him. You won't find a posse member who could out work (or out shoot) Gordon.

"Lord, grant comfort in time of mourning. May Parker heal quickly. Wrap your arms tightly around the entire family. Amen"

With our great sympathy

Fort Hays Preacher, Sister Jack, Lollie, Mike B. Tall, Buster Jack, Stinker

LORD GOD you know how our hearts ache over this news, Please, may the Comforter wrap his arms around the family, may they somehow know and feel the peace that can only come from you. Please give the Drs wisdom in dealing with the injuries sustained by CC and please touch his body with your healing power. LORD please give their parents the strength that they will need to get thru this ordeal...may they also be comforted by the outpouring of love from the SASS family. Lord, I bring these requests before you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This is such sad news.may god be with cobra cat and his parents. RIP lighting cat

I haven't got the words to express the sadness in my heart and cannot imagine the pain of Kitty and Cat Tracker. The entire Cat family has been an inspiration to hundreds if not thousands of CAS shooters over the years and have given of themselves unreservedly time and time again.

My most sincere condolences to Mom and Dad, you did a great job raising two fine young men.

My most heartfelt prayers for a complete recovery and compassion from our Heavenly Father as Parker recovers from his injuries, both physical and emotional.

My utmost respect for our fallen comrade, a champion in every sense of the word, a good man to all he met and my friend now and forever.

Respectfully

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Very sad news , this entire family was awsome to be around . Very polite young men with great attitudes towards everything. The entire family will be in our prayers for the loss of lighting cat and to a speedy recovery for cobra cat.

Slick

I can barely think to write anything, much less see what I'm writing through my tears. Although we don't know the Cat family as well as some of the other shooters here, I've always been impressed with both Lightning and Cobra, they are both fine young men. I can't believe Lightning is gone, Rest in Peace in the Lord's loving arms Lightning.

And prayers up from me and Buick for Cobra, and especially for his parents. Buick and I know how it feels to have a son seriously injured in a car accident. If someone can pass the word to Kitty and Cat, if there's anyway we can help all they need to do is let us know how.

Dear Lord, please help this family through this tragedy, and through the days to come. Give them the strength to deal with the pain and the sorrow. If it be Your Will, help Cobra recover from his injuries, and comfort him and his parents as they deal with the loss of son and brother.

I've tried to start this post several times & just don't have the words to convey our deepest sympathy for Kitty & Vance. Dear God please ease their misery & help Parker. Ruff Cobb & Camptown Lady

Prayers & condolences to friends and family from Dakota Skipper & the Dawg.

This is truly very, very sad news......I really enjoyed shooting with him.......he was a fine young man. Our thoughts are with the Cat family......words can't express how we feel.

We are thinking of Parker now and his recovery......

I haven't got the words to express the sadness in my heart and cannot imagine the pain of Kitty and Cat Tracker. The entire Cat family has been an inspiration to hundreds if not thousands of CAS shooters over the years and have given of themselves unreservedly time and time again.

My most sincere condolences to Mom and Dad, you did a great job raising two fine young men.

My most heartfelt prayers for a complete recovery and compassion from our Heavenly Father as Parker recovers from his injuries, both physical and emotional.

My utmost respect for our fallen comrade, a champion in every sense of the word, a good man to all he met and my friend now and forever.

Respectfully

:FlagAm:/>/>/> :FlagAm:/>/>/> :FlagAm:/>/>/>

Gateway Kid

Gateway I couldn't have said it any better....I have been at a loss for words since receiving the news. Just had the pleasure of seeing Kitty and Cat Tracker yesterday...they are such a wonderful family. Our hearts and prayers are with them at this terrible time...prayers for comfort and understanding, Love sent from our family to yours Kitty & Tracker...Prayers for Parkers complete recovery. If there is anything you need at all, just let us know!

Aspen Filly & Aspen Wrangler

Terrible news! I had the pleasure of meeting those fine, intelligent, hard-working men this past EOT. Lightning Cat will be missed by our whole community. Here's praying for Cobra to make a full and speedy recovery and for solace for the entire family.

Possum

Archived